UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not realy. Wace triagulated a system in Col 70. Dommarraa checked that system EDSM and found that it had just been triagulated by Lucien.
Lucien had just recieved an an anonymous tip of.

Probably a FD leak or a hacker. Most likely a leak, because there is probably nothing there until 2.2.

Leak. I'm sure I've seen a.picture showing a tip off Lucien received. Thought it was on this thread too.

THEY are mos def Thargoids.
THEY are probing ammonia worlds.
Thargoids live on ammonia worlds.

Gz to all for these discoveries.
I am EXCITED!

I have a strange feeling you are right on this.
Remember where I was when I honked the UP for the first time?
At the border of COL 70 sector.
:D

Do you really want to know how this deep throat was aware of the system? ;)
FDevs are awesome in hiding things for people who like to peek into game files. So even if you find some little thing, you are not able to know what it means, because the important part of a riddle is always dynamically generated, so it is hidden from being in plain text. A system name is one of the very few things fdevs can't hide.
But only that. The rest is fun for us to unveil.

I don't think he was more than half way there, but it was the right direction. :)

Thought you could sneak that past us, eh Riz? You of all people should know how paranoid we are ;)

Do you really want to know how this deep throat was aware of the system? ;)
FDevs are awesome in hiding things for people who like to peek into game files. So even if you find some little thing, you are not able to know what it means, because the important part of a riddle is always dynamically generated, so it is hidden from being in plain text. A system name is one of the very few things fdevs can't hide.
But only that. The rest is fun for us to unveil.

Well that's depressing.

I mean way to        up a puzzle.

Sincerely hope Frontier find a solution to this because a lot of people put a lot of time in, for people to undermine all that by pulling solutions from files...

The thing I enjoy most about these things is the hunting around, thinking about it and just generally engaging with the whole thing. I know people sometimes get frustrated but the long solution means loads of people can get involved, it doesn't matter that they don't solve it, the fun is in the doing.

I don't care if it takes a month to solve, that just means more people get involved.

Then like the other day, the discovery and by the time I get home from work all solved. I mean no chance to engage with it, what's the point.

Last edited:
Well that's depressing.

I mean way to up a puzzle.

Sincerely hope Frontier find a solution to this because a lot of people put a lot of time in, for people to undermine all that by pulling solutions from files...

The thing I enjoy most about these things is the hunting around, thinking about it and just generally engaging with the whole thing. I know people sometimes get frustrated but the long solution means loads of people can get involved, it doesn't matter that they don't solve it, the fun is in the doing.

I don't care if it takes a month to solve, that just means more people get involved.

Then like the other day, the discovery and by the time I get home from work all solved. I mean no chance to engage with it, what's the point.

well the new puzzle was a bit easy tbh so no suprise there

if you mean the binary video messages, they were just teasers, FD knew we'd find them, and fast (they even put the videos on Youtube "so you can look through them frame by frame".. they're telling us to do it! lol)

Well I mean this : http://prnt.sc/c7opkv

But looking at the date now, it's end of July, so it probably did not contribute to the solution, reading between the lines I was under the impression that the solution had been "leaked".

Still a bit disappointed that is was over so quickly but hey.

But looking at the date now, it's end of July, so it probably did not contribute to the solution, reading between the lines I was under the impression that the solution had been "leaked".

As someone with an ear to the ground, and utter lack of intelligence to do it myself, i speak with many people in this community who are much smarter and more capable at game files stuff than i am. Believe me when i say many people across many groups have known about the importance of this system for months, they just didnt know why. That leak could have been anyone.

However, Wace was the only person to come right out and prove it's importance properly. It's funny, all the game files in the world and people still can't solve it. Once again innocence and smarts win out over hacking.

When you're as active as I am in this community you meet a lot of interesting people. What else can I say, I can barely handle a reddit stylesheet.

Last edited:

haha, I just assumed the NSA were fans of the game and played in their lunch break!

Didn't MB say someone from JPL solved it or something a few weeks back? Maybe some lurking mastermind who just couldn't keep it to themselves but didn't want to blow it open for the rest of us.

i can't see that image (internet is kranky tonight). If you're talking about the Col 70 thing, we didn't find out about the "leak" until we worked out the triangulation, and then looking in starmap found out someone had been looking at it a couple of weeks ago, and when asked why, they said that they had a message telling them to. They didn't shout it out, come in forum with "SPOILER ALERT!" (kudos for that, I probably would have). We found them. So the big leak had no affect on the puzzle or this thread, other than confirming (sort of) the result our members got from hard work and math (which i still don't understand in the least, so double-kudos for that)

Merope 5C was the home planet of a pre-hyperspace, ammonia-based, sentient race. They had short lifespans and didn't know about FTL hyperdrives or communications.

They wanted to find new planets to colonize with generation ships, and launched a huge first wave of very simple and fast scouts to locate possible targets. And when the first results arrived, they launched small groups of sophisticated probes to the most promising worlds. These probes carried a message of friendship, with instructions to find them.

But something went wrong. 140 years later, one of these probes reached a world inhabited by a very aggresive and aislacionist race, who saw a simple scan as an act of war. They found the origin of the probes, went there and wiped out Merope 5C. Burned the land, boiled the seas and blowed the atmosphere. No ruins, no technology, no remains. All dissapeared in a massive asteroid bombardment who melted the surface except for the site of the giant communications dish. And knocked the moon out of its original orbit, changing its inclination by 90 degrees. And all the artifacts and probes stopped wherever they were, as there were no more instructions from home.

So, I think there's something hidden inside the UA shell. Something very advanced and very aggresive. And they don't like to be disturbed. At all.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Merope 5C was the home planet of a pre-hyperspace,ammonia-based, sentient race. They had short lifespans and didn't know about FTL hyperdrives or communications.

They wanted to find new planets to colonize with generation ships, launched a huge first wave of very simple and fast scouts to locate possible targets. And when the first results arrived, they launched small groups of sophisticated probes to the most promising worlds. These probes carried a message of friendship, with instructions to find them.

But something went wrong. 140 years later, one of these probes reached a world inhabited by a very aggresive and aislacionist race, who saw a simple scan as an act of war. They found the origin of the probes, went there and wiped out Merope5C. Burned the land, boiled the seas and blowed the atmosphere. No ruins, no technology, no remains. All dissapeared in a massive asteroid bombardment who melted the surface except for the site of the giant communications dish. And knocked the moon out of its original orbit, changing its inclination by 90 degrees. And all the artifacts and probes stopped wherever they were, as there were no more instructions from home.

So, I think there's something hidden inside the UA shell. Something very advanced and very aggresive. And they don't like to be disturbed. At all.

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

sounds like toxic splace gamers

Those searches weren't long enough to really draw any conclusions unfortunately. In fact, according to the FP, Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 6 has been confirmed as a UP source and that's the one you spent the longest at. Good job on actually reporting how long you searched for, a lot of reports don't bother and without that information it's impossible to use the report at all.

I hovered over an ammonia world with ammonia/carbon life (out beyond jaques) for a whole 5 min........found nothing but a crackpot theory.
there were NO clouds........life there must get sunstroke.....no wonder the thargoids are so vicious, they have a headache

Leak. I'm sure I've seen a.picture showing a tip off Lucien received. Thought it was on this thread too.

That was a Discord screenshot. There was a way of identifying the COL70 system name using nefarious methods since a couple of months ago, but it looks like anyone nosey enough did actually manage to keep it to themselves, with the exception of the one unfortunate message to Lucien, so UA/UP/barnacle discovery & research operations weren't adversely affected.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom