UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
had another quick look into the Pleiades sector RO-Q B5-0Planet#7 recording, three thing stroke me:
1. there seems to be (both in right and left channel) a split in the frequencies at around 3,75KHz,
which provides similar (optical) pattern, but just as well might be a harmonic reflection.

If not a harmonic, this could provide us with 4 information channels, upper right, lower right, upper left, lower left. Maybe diagram is an arrangement key for that. As I do not know how to, someone can tell me how to shift a spectral range from 3,75KHz to 7,5KHz and overlay it with the band from 0 to 3,75KHz ? we might get a clearer picture.

2. parallel to the purr´s there seems to be a 5 second time signal which U can´t hear in audio

might give us the bitframe for decoding purr/no purr as low freq tripletts. Working on that one, might take some time, also need to download some other soundfiles to compare, which here in India is a pain in the Thargoid with 25KBit/sec....

3. On first glimps the wails seem to be a) slightly different always (looking into that too) and b) yet also seem to produce a faint picture. Mayby solving point 1. (or mixing with other recordings to reduce noise and amplify signal) gives a clearer picture if thats just imagination or some more behind

Sorry. Have had trouble keeping up with this thread because of the rapid message count due to GamesCom transmissions.

I used https://www.edsm.net/ as the source for the coordinates. I believe most of the values are either from the game log and trilaterated from existing systems but can't say for certain.

Wrote a small article for Reddit about the math behind it. The article has the Python script with the values I used at the bottom: http://jubjubnest.net/~wace/elite/trilateration-math.html

Nice explanation on Reddit.

I guess FD intended it to be used as a hotter, hotter, colder device, but math is quicker.:)

Sorry. Have had trouble keeping up with this thread because of the rapid message count due to GamesCom transmissions.

I used https://www.edsm.net/ as the source for the coordinates. I believe most of the values are either from the game log and trilaterated from existing systems but can't say for certain.

Wrote a small article for Reddit about the math behind it. The article has the Python script with the values I used at the bottom: http://jubjubnest.net/~wace/elite/trilateration-math.html

that was brilliant, clean and fast.

It would be very cool if CMDR Wade coud make a another galnet post about the Col 70 system mystery ;)
I second that.
That discovery was so elegantly executed, that I think most people missed how clever it was. It's one for the history books.

Almost missed these messages due to the massive amount of new messages in the thread.

I've always had a problem with self promotion for couple of reasons. Partly, because I don't consider myself a good "writer". While I write good reports and like to cover my bases with facts, I don't believe journalistic writing (as recommended for GalNet) is a strength of mine.

But the main reason I steer away from it is because I feel like I'm the worst person to judge whether something I've produced is important enough to publish to a wider audience and, like Wikipedia puts it in their content policy:

This includes the requirement to maintain a neutral point of view, which can be difficult when writing about yourself or about projects close to you.

It's easier for someone else to write a credible article from a neutral point of view when there's no question of conflict of interest.

So while I'm not writing one, I'm not going to claim I wouldn't be absolutely thrilled to see one. :)

markets are closed, as are missions.
then just blow up the locks:)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

wat if the station is in lockdown cause they have an alien ship with in it and radioactive material woud reactivate it so they dont want us to bring stuff there cause the alien woud escape!

Please bear in mind that Premonition is Frontier's book, (and thus story), not mine. Of course, there has been a collaboration on many details and background, but the emerging events are to be informed by the players. What 'happens' has yet to be decided. I will do a stream or video at somepoint to explain how we plan to write this.

Do not worry about favouritism. A, there are far too many factions out there to give any a particularly strong role, B, Frontier must approve the finished article, so any bias will be moderated at multiple stages. C, I am aware that many people will want to be immortalised in print - we will deal with that.

As for the "rift thing has so far developed exactly how I thought it would" - an easy statement to make and I will call you on it, LordZoltan. ;) Send me a sealed password protected word document with your prediction for the next year, but keep the password for yourself. We will open in Summer next year and see how close you are.

Call it Wagar's Wager.

Cheers,

Drew.

Okay Drew - no worries :)

I know your passion for this universe is as strong as anyone else's, and that ultimately you're looking to grow it and make it better.

I'm just fiercely protective of the amount of work that has gone into creating a strong identity here, around the Canonn - bringing people into that and trying to engage as many people as possible in hopefully a fun way, and I hope that will continue with everything else, including the rift.

As Han_Zen says - I worry too much :)

Anyway - I won't be predicting the story - let's face it, I'm sure your imagination has come up with something far better than I can dream up :)

o7

Hi folks, i was wondering if someone could confirm an observation for me (I'm running in win10 under bootcamp and am having issues in making recordings).

After collecting a UP, I popped over the the Merope 5c barnacle at -26, -156 to see if having the UP nearby allowed for an uncorrupted data reading from the barnacle (it doesn't btw). Whilst testing, i moved in front of the big head of the UP and got the transmission after the wails, however, each transmission was very short (only 1 triplet?). However, in a different region of the moon I got no transmissions at all.

It's the latter observations I'm interested in having confirmed, and if there is a transmission near the barnacle, what does it "say"?

Thanks CMDRs, and safe flying.

Uhm NO offense but MB Did state categorically that the UP and barnacles on merope have only an association.. they are not connected in any other way. Meaning UP's are pointing to something else.

nope , see here

I think you didn't read what you cited. They say:
- ? after the first wail sounds like a clear high high low to me (--| in Probese, or 001 in binary) and there's no gap before the next part (like after the later wails)
They specifically say "after the first wail". A free floater repeats the transmission. There is no specific "first wail". But if you drop a UP, it starts wailing after ~45 seconds. You need this time to get into the correct position to receive the transmission.

The recording they have analyzed was from a free floater IIRC. The transmission of free floaters can loop as they don't decay. This is not the case if a UP is dropped. You have a bit more than 6 minutes to get everything.

You didn't disprove my argument, unless you can point me to a recording that is in the correct position right after deploying a UP. Btw. the UP has to position it self after deployment, so why should it start earlier with the transmission?

any commanders who might be willing to bounty hunt to help in lifting the lockdown in pleiades sector ih-v c2-5 woud be heplfull to know

im gonna gather some pepole from my friends list but the more that helps the faster it woud be thank you in advance

No Problem. I wasn't up with the thread and read it all up yesterday night.
Like I read the exact System was sort of leaked in the past in a kindas trange way by someone and the missing permission both indicate you found the correct one so I guess I spare me the work.
I had used a differnt way to calculate it.
If you are interested it is based on what I have done a year ago:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9g15l3um92vu0x3/AACldLmEAPC_2JzM4K_wtT02a?dl=0
It is a unique way to triangolate that I worked out back then: The special point is that I can reformate the problem into a linear equation set. (Your equation set is simple but nonlinear)
Also I made it working for n refernce Points (least square error)
So what is required is a modification which is simple a scaleing of the whole coordinate System with a factor s where as s is the fourth unknown the same way as you have it. Already prepared the math but will not execute it now.
To my understanding form reading yesterday edsm System coords are still based by triangolation of Player inputs and not from game or game logs (guess that changes with 2.2)
So your systems may have some inaccuracy in their coordinates.
A small set of known star coordinates was Handed out to us by FDev in the past The Problem then and maybe still is that those System may Change their position with game updates (happend in the past) so a reference system consistency check would be required to be really safe.
Anyway impressive work you all have done solveing the UP and finding the hot System.
The outcome that we have a traget System now I like best. That's what I hope the UP will deliver.
( Although I believe that C5 the UP are pointing might still hold a bad surprise for us in the future. Someone has to wonder why the UP send information there annd not home )

please explain because i am following this thread quite close but dont see any reference to "aliens" within that system. its just another pleiades system in a lockdown state.

that system is where the next pice of the puzzle is and we might need the station for toxic waste storage if what the new message we decoded from gamescom is the way we interpret it

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom