UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to post this but during scooping I picked up this strange noise it disappeared after leaving the system

I've had this a couple of times i think it's a bug. I've also noticed it's the same noise the ship scanner makes when it's triangulating the location of a surface mission related poi.

It's a player submitted post, however.

It was, but it is verbatim in-game text messages received from Salome (there are screenshots somewhere, and it was reposted by Wagar). So it's not something that was just randomly made up, it apparently does have an actual bearing on the story development. So this article was basically a player reporting on news received in game.

It was, but it is verbatim in-game text messages received from Salome (there are screenshots somewhere, and it was reposted by Wagar). So it's not something that was just randomly made up, it apparently does have an actual bearing on the story development. So this article was basically a player reporting on news received in game.

Oh I see!
Thanks for explaining;)

with salome though its never been confirmed if she is a Fdev plant, or a drew wagnar creation or something of a hybrid effort so treat with salt grains for now

Drew once mentioned that she could be considered "an advanced NPC", whatever that means. He also more recently said there are others.

I though it was confirmed she was/is an "Advanced NPC" ie a Game Master controlled Cmdr

ah like the eve online npc characters that the devs sit down and play. So basically devs playing npcs in the gameworld to advance the storyline. (devs or GMs are interchangeable) so if she is speaking then it is part of lore, there needs to be no grey areas really - its a frontier generated storyline clue and cmeiss should be investigated further as part of all of this searching ( as one of many elements i think though)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If you want to start ahead of the pack you can go looking for persistent crashed nav beacons.;)

check the ammonia gas giant moon in the gamma system, i found some weird black rocks that sort of blur when u drive over them in an srv its a bit alien.

I though it was confirmed she was/is an "Advanced NPC" ie a Game Master controlled Cmdr

I agree. My understanding is that she is controlled by a human, but has a script and set expectations of being in certain places at certain times. She's played by an actor but is stuck to the script.

with salome though its never been confirmed if she is a Fdev plant, or a drew wagnar creation or something of a hybrid effort so treat with salt grains for now

Drew said to treat her like a special type of NPC, I believe it was in the Formidine Rift thread. We don't know who controls the character but it definitely is an official FD creation. Drew is contracted by FD as a writer so even if Salome is a Drew Wagar character, she is official IP of FD.

Drew said to treat her like a special type of NPC, I believe it was in the Formidine Rift thread. We don't know who controls the character but it definitely is an official FD creation. Drew is contracted by FD as a writer so even if Salome is a Drew Wagar character, she is official IP of FD.

I hope the first Alien interactions will involve craft piloted by dev's/actors. That will make for some really dynamic gameplay.

yeah, last week. Up until then the Thargoids haven't been in official lore neither. Just like Drew, FD are writing this lore as they go along. They could introduce 100 alien races next week. Or just one. We should discount neither until it happens.

Do not believe that. Drew wrote Reclamation as part of the official lore and the Formidine Rift mystery has been in-game since the first gamma release, though apparently polished with the advent of Horizons. The fact that the playerbase haven't found it yet just highlights how truly massively big the universe really is (& how poor we are at following clues).
FD cannot possibly put 10 years worth of storyline into the game upfront, they would have gone bust before they could have released it and it would have been as buggy as an ants nest, so each major update will introduce new gameplay features and new things for us to solve- that's only being pragmatic.

I see there is some thought that the hit piece by the Imperial Citizen against Salomé was prepping for her framing for the attempted assassination of Admiral Patreus.

But those two don't seem to have any negative history or bad blood, unlike what the Galnet article suggested.

Poor Patreus, no one opened a thread to discuss the attempt on his life.

I guess that's where you and I diverge on feelings.

You say ''Discount neither until it happens'' whereas I say ''discount everything until it happens''.

I base my understandings of the current lore and universe only on what HAS been announced or talked about or experienced in game (including GalNet). Not what could be. Because anything could be, even bad ideas, but nobody is going ''It could be Thargoids or Klingons. Just because they haven't announced a Star Trek cross over doesn't mean they couldn't next week.''

I understand that there is precedent for Oresians, but at the moment they feel to me like the same line of logic as ''Maybe the probe is pointing AWAY from 5c''. Let's not suggest the billion things it *might* be. Let's focus on the one thing even Galnet wants us to be thinking about.

While retaining a healthy pragmatic scepticism about what Galnet says, and especially if it's from Palin!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom