UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hope the first Alien interactions will involve craft piloted by dev's/actors. That will make for some really dynamic gameplay.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful?

We gather to greet our alien counterparts for the first time to display friendly intentions and messages of peace. We set up a procession even, awaiting the aforementioned arrival of our new potential friends in the location agreed upon.

Then right as alien ships start to jump in and we see their unfamiliar shapes for the first time, a CMDR Braben jumps into the system and lets lose a whole clip of lvl 5 engineered multicannon bullets on one of them :D:D

I'd probably die of laughter!

heh heh heh ahaaaa.....not just a handsome profile pic

haven't got a profile pic there yet! Maybe when 2.3 Commanders is released, though I may add some hair for vanity's sake.
Vanity's my husky voiced ship's computer. Was going to be Verity but the installation engineer had been on the Lavian brandy before he got to me- never have an upgrade fitted on a Friday afternoon! :rolleyes:

Okay, I had a go at cleaning the broadcast image again and I don't think I can get much more out of it. Purposely kept small, as it is difficult to see the wood for the trees at a larger size.

Animated version running different filters.

Annotated version, with analysis. Yes, I am aware a lot of this could be classed as subjective, but I have tried to be as objective as possible. Make of all this what you will :)

Key:

1 Possible wing section of crashed human ship beside alien debris. Could also be a section of the concave shaped wreckage immediately to the right, which actually has a donut shape. Links with number 7 (crash skid/gouge)

2 This circular shape looks like it is part of the background, not foreground. May, or may not, be linked with the crash site. Could even be a fumerole.

3 This is very similar in size and appearance to the top of a barnacle, but more "grown out". Could this whole structure be the final/actual form of the barnacle? With those legs buried deep in the ground? Are thos the same legs, seen in close up in the video set in space? That's the worrying question.

4 Leg/strut/armature of the large structure in 3.

5 Shadow cast by the structure indicated in 3 and 4.

6 This has been indicated to be an SRV in previous analysis, by others. I think this is probably correct and not only does it help give a sense of scale, but it scales with the top of a barnacle as I have proposed in number 3.

7 This looks very very similar to the gouging/skids left by other crashed craft that have been found by other pilots.

It is impossible to say whether or not these are Thargoid, as we have no idea what current Thargoid craft look like.

Could this be what is on Merope 5C somewhere?

28th can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be just wonderful?

We gather to greet our alien counterparts for the first time to display friendly intentions and messages of peace. We set up a procession even, awaiting the aforementioned arrival of our new potential friends in the location agreed upon.

Then right as alien ships start to jump in and we see their unfamiliar shapes for the first time, a CMDR Braben jumps into the system and lets lose a whole clip of lvl 5 engineered multicannon bullets on one of them :D:D

I'd probably die of laughter!

Hahahaha yeah that would be hilarious. I am sure some of the dev's would relish the opportunity to tear some of us a new cargo hatch as well.

Okay, I had a go at cleaning the broadcast image again and I don't think I can get much more out of it. Purposely kept small, as it is difficult to see the wood for the trees at a larger size.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/pixiegonebad1/MMBs1Fnsmlcleaned.png

Animated version running different filters.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/pixiegonebad1/MMBs1Fnsmlcleanedcontrast v2 animated.gif

Annotated version, with analysis. Yes, I am aware a lot of this could be classed as subjective, but I have tried to be as objective as possible. Make of all this what you will :)

Key:

1 Possible wing section of crashed human ship beside alien debris. Could also be a section of the concave shaped wreckage immediately to the right, which actually has a donut shape. Links with number 7 (crash skid/gouge)

2 This circular shape looks like it is part of the background, not foreground. May, or may not, be linked with the crash site. Could even be a fumerole.

3 This is very similar in size and appearance to the top of a barnacle, but more "grown out". Could this whole structure be the final/actual form of the barnacle? With those legs buried deep in the ground? Are thos the same legs, seen in close up in the video set in space? That's the worrying question.

4 Leg/strut/armature of the large structure in 3.

5 Shadow cast by the structure indicated in 3 and 4.

6 This has been indicated to be an SRV in previous analysis, by others. I think this is probably correct and not only does it help give a sense of scale, but it scales with the top of a barnacle as I have proposed in number 3.

7 This looks very very similar to the gouging/skids left by other crashed craft that have been found by other pilots.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/pixiegonebad1/MMBs1Fnsmlcleanednum v2.png

It is impossible to say whether or not these are Thargoid, as we have no idea what current Thargoid craft look like.

Could this be what is on Merope 5C somewhere?

28th can't come soon enough!

To me, this image looks like a crashed and busted version of the alien ship-like structure we saw hanging around the green lit Cobra. Just sayin'.

you have to get closer, between 10Nm and 25Nm!!!

Thanks for the heads up, the picture i posted was just to verify that the AW exists - i read your original finding post #8781 and the information on the spot being 25Mm so i'm sitting rather close running circles around the muddy brown thing :D

HOLY CRAP!!

I think my brain solved what that is, in the obscured teaser image!!!

I'll just say this for now: Don't be surprised it the alien ships turn out to have three fold rotational symmetry when viewed from the top!

Edit: I'm trying to draw what I'm seeing in there but I'm terrible at it so don't expect miracles. I'm going to post it shortly!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, the picture i posted was just to verify that the AW exists - i read your original finding post #8781 and the information on the spot being 25Mm so i'm sitting rather close running circles around the muddy brown thing :D

Nice, 144Ly is in the area where even the hopes of getting one are brown.. so, get some biscuits with you.

In that teaser picture, I think there are 2 SRVs in the background, but they don't look like ours from what I can tell, but definitely an SRV type machine. Also that crashed ship looks like it is a crashed version of the ship they teased us with in the clip around the Nebula judging by the triangular arms with ridges on it.

CMDR Arguendo: new UP system found

Nothing after an hour and I'm going to have to call it a night. I'll spend some more time there tomorrow but hopefully others can check it out as well.(Pleiades Sector QD-T c3-9 1)

Pleiades Sector QD-T c3-9 1
Proof of FFUP: http://i.imgur.com/xddIXSa.png
System information: http://i.imgur.com/N9ufiew.png
Dist to Sol: 384.09Ly
Dist to Merope: 77.08ly
Dist to Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3: 892.94Ly

This examine the pictures to see what we can see reminds me of when my brother shows me pictures from the Mars rovers that, clearly, show the ruins of an ancient civilization in the rocks and hills, that I cannot see.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom