UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I ask again...

What is Hawkins Gap?
What is the Conflux?

They are parts of the galaxy, named by the galactic maping project.
Conflux is where the Orion and Perseus arms splits and becomes two arms.
Hawkins Gap is about the oposite direction of the Rif and about as close to the edge.

The recent Salome article was player written so the terminology makes sense.

Indeed, but Salome also used the names in the dialogue she had in game with the Imperial player she called form help from, so that would also have the touch of FDEV.

Well I'm going full foil helmet...

They are Thargoid baby ship growers.

Let's say that's the case (because why not? it fits the rule of cool perfectly). Does the growth process stop once we harvest them alloy pods?

I assume it does because then all those stations cured from the UA sickness would be reporting organo-robotic spaceships roaming their warehouses.

Indeed, but Salome also used the names in the dialogue she had in game with the Imperial player she called form help from, so that would also have the touch of FDEV.

I think the fact frontier posted the article shows their endorsement of those terms as well.

probably like an apple/pineapple. We harvest them when they are small, unripe, and not fully formed. When what we *should* do is leave a barnacle with "alloyfruit" and watch it for a couple of weeks, see what happens when the fruit ripens.

mmm hungry now

Not sure it has been mentioned, but to further support the "hunt on the 28th" being related to IH-V C2-5, the riddle also says "enough radiation to turn you green". While this could be the fact that gas giants and stars emit a ton of radiation, the PRE Logistics faction in the area is the "Gamma" station. Gamma radiation, in the sense of the riddle. Fun little word play!

I was just thinking that these screen-captures of what people think are alien ships are so (deliberately) poor in definition that they are more of a Rohrsach (spelling?) than confirmation of aliens. To me, at least, they could just as easily be distorted pictures of the soon-to-be-added fumaroles as be ships. Which led to the thought that that the fumaroles have a certain resemblance to mud-wasp nests and some varieties of termite mounds. Stop thinking of Thargoid ships for a moment, and consider what a Thargoid HOUSE would look like.

-=DELETED=-

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

See this image for both. Warning it is a massive image.

In short, the Confluxes are two areas where galactic arms join. Hawkins Gap is a rift between arms in the rough direction of Eta Carinea, and also roughly on the RR line, but in the opposite direction (it is going to be the destination for my next expedition after I get back from the Formidine Rift and the H&S, and after I take a spend some time in other aspects of the game).

Thanks man... a good explanation =D

Last edited:
My quick sketch of what I think the crashed ship looks like:

:cool:

Excellent and very plausible. That's what scares me the most. I don't think these guys are Thargoids. I think these guys are very bad, very scary and coming before we see Thargoids themselves.

If they are actually Thargoids, the traditional ships may be gone and we have new designs.

Either way this is all very interesting.

:cool:

Excellent and very plausible. That's what scares me the most. I don't think these guys are Thargoids. I think these guys are very bad, very scary and coming before we see Thargoids themselves.

If they are actually Thargoids, the traditional ships may be gone and we have new designs.

Either way this is all very interesting.
octagons in a hd game woud be a bit immersion breaking

Not sure it has been mentioned, but to further support the "hunt on the 28th" being related to IH-V C2-5, the riddle also says "enough radiation to turn you green". While this could be the fact that gas giants and stars emit a ton of radiation, the PRE Logistics faction in the area is the "Gamma" station. Gamma radiation, in the sense of the riddle. Fun little word play!

Gamma radiation is also what turned Dr. Banner into the Hulk, who is also green....just contributing to the word play.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom