UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip-off. On my way to have a look see!

i didnt find anything alien but i did find a lot of crashed nav beacons, a heavy detachment of federation security services scanning ships cruising around near the surface, and a lot of canisters. Theres something there perhaps just a heavy concentration but its worth looking at

i didnt find anything alien but i did find a lot of crashed nav beacons, a heavy detachment of federation security services scanning ships cruising around near the surface, and a lot of canisters. Theres something there perhaps just a heavy concentration but its worth looking at

Do you have any co-ordinates or maybe a screenshot of the area? I'm not seeing the "black crater" area you mentioned.

i think it was south of 0 0 0, its a blackened area towards the top of the planet, dont have the co ords handing at the moment , it was visible from a few hundred km up

i think it was south of 0 0 0, its a blackened area towards the top of the planet, dont have the co ords handing at the moment , it was visible from a few hundred km up

EVERYTHING is south of 0,0! Having a scout around now, there is some NPC traffic going to and from the surface here as well.

It probably has no significance to anything, but as with post #5932 I've found Planck's constant on the side of a crashed Viper. Written as:

6.62607004 x 10 PLANCK

EAFOTS CS-i B37-1 2

To all who said i was crazy and to say my thinfoil hat was really to bug when i said the rift and the barncales etc where connected and that we are going the wrong direction and we should try go on the rr line in the oposite direction...........well what do we have here 😂

To all who said i was crazy and to say my thinfoil hat was really to bug when i said the rift and the barncales etc where connected and that we are going the wrong direction and we should try go on the rr line in the oposite direction...........well what do we have here 

Nobody doubted the IDEA that they were connected. We just had no EVIDENCE that they were. Now we do. You'll find no opposition here.

Not sure if this has already been confirmed, but I thought I'd take a screenshot of the Braben video and do a bit of star cartography and match it all up. CMDR Marseira Faulkner wondered if I could match a system backdrop to the source video, and Electra is the closest I could find that has a blue star in the system.

I haven't been able to get it perfect, but from the Electra system the view towards the California nebula is almost identical.

http://i.imgur.com/jSuAds0.jpg

Note the similar pairings of stars in both the video and in-game pictures. Whilst not perfect positioning, it's clear that this is a view from some position of the Pleiades looking out towards the California nebula. The most obvious giveaway is the brightest star next to the nebula that has a slightly dimmer partner - this is visible in both pictures. The bright star in this case is Atik, halfway between the Pleiades and the California nebula.

However, the colour of the Pleiades is not blue in-game. The colour as it is currently presented in game is via the infra-red spectrum, which looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/6IhLJ5U.jpg

Looks quite like the game as it's presented now! However, let's look at the visible light:

http://i.imgur.com/VSAjkHa.jpg

If Frontier are planning to change the colour of some of the nebula, then it seems obvious to me that the Pleiades will turn blue as it should be represented in visible light. That would then match what is visible from the video!

If this is correct, then the alien ship makes its appearance (at least in the video) somewhere in the Pleiades.

I haven't had any luck finding the exact system yet, but hopefully a community effort should bring some results! :)

Cant upload my screenshot for an unknown reason but got to Pleiades IH-V C2-5 and take a look, pretty much a perfect line up of stars. (I took my screenshot from the last landable planet in the system)

I would but unfortunatly as those mails where a certain time ago that they are no longer i my mailbox i cannot nor can i remember their names (There was alot) I wasnt trying to gloat my theorys are for all i dont want fame just want to help the community.

But enough about that time to head to ETA Carine

#

Be a little mindful of Dynamicbob. He's not been the most helpful person in the past :p

i cover a lot of ground, some things get forgotten the find was a few days back i did get the right planet this time :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I would but unfortunatly as those mails where a certain time ago that they are no longer i my mailbox i cannot nor can i remember their names (There was alot) I wasnt trying to gloat my theorys are for all i dont want fame just want to help the community.

But enough about that time to head to ETA Carine

you can get new tipoffs but u have to be allied with a minor faction and have that bar maxed, and also u have to do the elite ranked missions and then its a small chance of a tipoff ( i think its also a 50-100LY range from where u are as well)

i cover a lot of ground, some things get forgotten the find was a few days back i did get the right planet this time :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

you can get new tipoffs but u have to be allied with a minor faction and have that bar maxed, and also u have to do the elite ranked missions and then its a small chance of a tipoff ( i think its also a 50-100LY range from where u are as well)

I was talking of forum mails not tip offs :p

This is Mary. Mary only arrived in the Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-5 system today. I'm a liberal man, but Mary scares me. But not as much as Elvira Martuuk scares me...

Surely the disturbing effect this system is having on Mary is another mystery the Canonn should investigate? /s
dpz2zNp.png

Careful CMDRs, the radiation here must be really intense!

Last edited:
This is Mary. Mary only arrived in the Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-5 system today. I'm a liberal man, but Mary scares me.

Surely the disturbing effect this systems is having on Mary is another mystery the Canonn should investigate? /s
http://i.imgur.com/dpz2zNp.png

Careful CMDRs, the radiation here must be really intense!

I'm more interested in seeing that there is an Alliance faction there. Might be time for a takeover.

Remember the 'Blaze your own trail' thing? well, you seem to have built your own reputation then :)

Im not entirely sure what you meant by that ilo? Im only saying that the people who cast me down so many times about something that was just stated true where wrong. I would have told them directly in mail yet i dont remember their names and i also dont have them in my mail box. Please tell me what you entirely mean by that comment.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom