UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the guy who thinks he found an UP in Elephant's Trunk Sector, IS SOMEHOW RELIABLE.

I invite all the Explorers to go and check, PLEASE :D

For Science, for Glory and for your name forever carved in some public bathroom door!

I will check this this night. Keep in touch.
For Xbox players, here my Gamertag : Badstarz

PS: I really hope it's not a joke.

This made me realise something: the UA is intended to be deployed outside Merope because it only points to the star; perhaps the UP is intended to be deployed in the Merope system because it is programmed specifically to point to 5c? That would mean free-floating UPs might be found in the Merope system somewhere but not necessarily close to 5c - they could be anywhere. So where would it be worthwhile deploying UPs to in Merope? Could they be monitoring the worlds hosting Barnacles, perhaps, or is there something else they are keeping an eye on?

I think this is an immensely important realization!
So the UA is looking for something within a specific radius. Is this radius increasing, btw? That would mean the search is expanded and started around Merope. Or working as a relay or satellites of sorts. Or a warning system! It scans ships and if those check out no alarm is sent to Merope where they are pointed at. In the meantime the UP searches for a specific planet or moon or a specific position on those (the transmitted image) in the Merope system. But that doesnt explain why they are pointed to Merope 5C. Maybe they were launched there and therefore move perpendicular to the surface of Merope 5C?

It seems to me that the guy who thinks he found an UP in Elephant's Trunk Sector, IS SOMEHOW RELIABLE.

I invite all the Explorers to go and check, PLEASE :D

For Science, for Glory and for your name forever carved in some public bathroom door!

On the way. And you can carve my name in that bathroom door while I drink craft beer that you paid for and direct proceedings from a safe distance.

Last edited:
I'll go there. In Barnards loop atm, but i get the feeling im wasting time here.

I will check this this night. Keep in touch.
For Xbox players, here my Gamertag : Badstarz

PS: I really hope it's not a joke.

If you read his replies, he seems fair and honest.
I suggest to check the nearby Nebula as well, and to cruise for some time in every system you check, knowing that those kind of spawns have changed (UA like).
There's no need to check every system, just pick them randomly, but accordingly to what we know about the UA Shell.

AND REMEMBER: even if you "simply" find an UA, IT IS IMPORTANT AS WELL!!! No UAs outside the shell so far.

Last edited:
I was also testing this last night. I drove around a couple systems where I had previously bookmarked and Anomaly USSs only appeared when near a "barnacle like world".

- One system had 4 landable within 20 ls of the star, this spawned the most, sometimes within 15 seconds of entering the system. I'm guessing because there was 4 matching.
- Another had 3 inner landable but only the 1st matchted the criteira. Anomalies only showed up around that one.
- Checked 4 other systems without matching planets and no Anomaly USS spawns.
- Somewhere around 500 ls seems to be the threshold. Further away and USSs were only

I mentioned this earlier that I noticed this when doing the Palin requirement. Folks kept saying any planet but I had only found a couple with the USSs in them and in looking at the similarites they had no-ice metal/rock landables.
Probes are delivering artifacts which search for suitable barnacle worlds which signal back their location (morse planet names) MB said the the UAs message was it's purpose.

You can seem screenshots of some the discoveries here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SocraticMammal/screenshots
I was trying things like bouncing between two systems or dropping in and out of supercruise to try and "reset" the instance spawns. Running circles along the orbits and increasing distances.

I searched for the rabbit in the Cambrian for over 3 hours last night and never found an Anomaly USS further than 600 ls away from a "barnacle like world". I also checked Aries Dark Region GW-W d1-52 mentioned on Page1 of the thread here as having high drop rates and never saw one.

I was also testing this last night. I drove around a couple systems where I had previously bookmarked and Anomaly USSs only appeared when near a "barnacle like world".

- One system had 4 landable within 20 ls of the star, this spawned the most, sometimes within 15 seconds of entering the system. I'm guessing because there was 4 matching.
- Another had 3 inner landable but only the 1st matchted the criteira. Anomalies only showed up around that one.
- Somewhere around 500 ls seems to be the threshold. Further away and USSs were only

I mentioned this earlier that I noticed this when doing the Palin requirement. Folks kept saying any planet but I had only found a couple with the USSs in them and in looking at the similarites they had no-ice metal/rock landables.
Probes are delivering artifacts which search for suitable barnacle worlds which signal back their location (morse planet names) MB said the the UAs message was it's purpose.

You can seem screenshots of some the discoveries here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SocraticMammal/screenshots
I was trying things like bouncing between two systems or dropping in and out of supercruise to try and "reset" the instance spawns. Running circles along the orbits and increasing distances.

I searched for the rabbit in the Cambrian for over 3 hours last night and never found an Anomaly USS further than 600 ls away from a "barnacle like world". I also checked Aries Dark Region GW-W d1-52 mentioned on Page1 of the thread here as having high drop rates and never saw one.
The really weird thing here is i was in D1-52 last night and got about 3 anomalys (I wanted to see how clear the morse is when put in Audacity)

It seems you have no luck then. I did all my tests with the UP and a free floater UA in GW-W D1-52 a couple days ago.
Moreover, I've got all my UA's and Fragments for Palin from there and one jump surrounding systems.
Sometimes they spawned rapidly, sometimes I needed to cruise far from the star for 20.000ls or more. It's random, but they spawn in every system of the bubble.

Check the FP for RedWizzard's UA Shell tool.

Last edited:
Will have to do it after work now. I'm leaving in half an hour lol

EDIT: I'm at least making a start.

It's a shame I can't take the anti-corrosive cargo racks with me but the rarity of Modular Terminals means I haven't even been able to get to Qwent yet :(

I remember someone said to check in Daedalus Station, Mercury ;)

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread

A few people have mentioned on the trip to Jacques noticing an odd noise in SC. I noticed this yesterday at random when I had the TV paused. Unfortunately the Windows game recorder had bust so I couldn't record it and I could for the life of me get any other program on my desktop to work. So as a last ditch, I made a very low quality recording with my phone:

http://www.aligrant.com/video/noise.mp4

I dropped out of SC and it disappeared, then rebooted to get the game recorder working again but the noise was gone. I jumped in and out a couple of times but no avail. I haven't heard it again since.

There were no navigation contacts (USS etc) on my nav panel.

Does anybody recognise this? Is it just another sound from something ship like that has bugged out?

A few people have mentioned on the trip to Jacques noticing an odd noise in SC. I noticed this yesterday at random when I had the TV paused. Unfortunately the Windows game recorder had bust so I couldn't record it and I could for the life of me get any other program on my desktop to work. So as a last ditch, I made a very low quality recording with my phone:

I dropped out of SC and it disappeared, then rebooted to get the game recorder working again but the noise was gone. I jumped in and out a couple of times but no avail. I haven't heard it again since.

Does anybody recognise this? Is it just another sound from something ship like that has bugged out?
Honestly that sounds like the detail scanner noise for It get it whenever i point towards non scanned planets...If you just dropped out into SC it may just be a buggy sound

First idea was "birds" (outside), second thought was "oh.. "...

Never heard something like that...

...and as it's already happened in the past, the thread has finally calmed down a bit.
Phew! It was harder then ever, this time.

Let's wait a little, before discovering some other "thing", wont we? :)
In fact I already know the solution, but I'm keeping it for myself until my return from holidays...

***JOKING***

Last edited:
Seeing as we are 113 pages into this thread, can we please have a recap. What is the general consensus surrounding the 'map' and should we stay or leave 5c? I've yet to find anything of significance here.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom