UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How are we handling anything that is discovered in Beta 2.2? There are some intriguing comments in the change log that already have me interested.

How are we handling anything that is discovered in Beta 2.2? There are some intriguing comments in the change log that already have me interested.

We don't. There's will be (or at least there usually is) a beta forum that will be the place to share stuff found in. This leaves the main thread clear of any ambiguity. Not everything in the Beta universe transfers over...

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

In fact, last time we had a beta, many kittens were slaughtered because of loose beta talk. Save the Kittens! Talk about Beta stuff elsewhere.

What happens in beta, stays in beta. That's why there are beta forums specifically as to not spoil any non beta players potential fun. I would have thought the responsible thing would be to adhere to that.

I predict- you won't. I think FD will save aliens until at least a couple of weeks into the main 2.2 release to build the tension & I think it will be a gradual introduction rather than screaming (but in space we can't hear them! ;)) hordes of invading insectoids/crabs/jellyfish

You say we can hear them, but the messages we have seen tell us that they can be heard: "That noise, it can't be..."

I think we will hear them before we see them.

I would not be surprised if people expectations of being dog fighting with Thargoids in 2.2 are massively overblown, and we will not be having that till season 4 or 5.

What I expect is a slow steady escalations in weird stuff happening and people starting to have mis-jumps, and maybe seeing flashes of things in frame shift. I think the impending Imp-Fed war is going to heat up before we meet aliens in space. I hope they have all sorts of war and rts style game play planned over the next few seasons linked to that war. And when things are really starting to get messy, and both sides are depleted... pow! Thargoids come to take advantage (probably causing the end of the war to defend against a common and powerful enemy).

I would not be surprised if people expectations of being dog fighting with Thargoids in 2.2 are massively overblown, and we will not be having that till season 4 or 5.

What I expect is a slow steady escalations in weird stuff happening and people starting to have mis-jumps, and maybe seeing flashes of things in frame shift. I think the impending Imp-Fed war is going to heat up before we meet aliens in space. I hope they have all sorts of war and rts style game play planned over the next few seasons linked to that war. And when things are really starting to get messy, and both sides are depleted... pow! Thargoids come to take advantage (probably causing the end of the war to defend against a common and powerful enemy).

well as it goes 2.2 might have anchient alien cities or something or a new type of "probe"

i have the opinion that the aliens are coming in eiter 2.4 or season 3 start

and it might not gona be thargoids (just hope its not an alien trump race)

+first contact has been made "technicaly" by the 3 dudes wo gave the hunt to us
it was more like a massacre than a first contact but still

also rts like gameplay woudnt be grate dont get me wrong im a rts nerd but elite isnt the best rts material
there are a few way's to make it good but you woud need cmdr's who are willing to lead fleets of ships
and that woud have huge consequences. i woud be the first to sign up to the fleet admiral rank tho:)

Last edited:

Stumbled across a couple systems you discovered on my way out to the rift.. Always refreshing to see a name I recognize.

+first contact has been made "technicaly" by the 3 dudes wo gave the hunt to us
it was more like a massacre than a first contact but still

Are you suggesting those three shot it down? If so I don't believe this is the case. I think it's been there a while, they just stumbled across it.

also rts like gameplay woudnt be grate dont get me wrong im a rts nerd but elite isnt the best rts material
there are a few way's to make it good but you woud need cmdr's who are willing to lead fleets of ships
and that woud have huge consequences. i woud be the first to sign up to the fleet admiral rank tho:)

I don't think there will actually be any new form of game play, however it would be nice if systems were designated as being on one side or another and being on a war footing. There there being a new overlay for the galmap that shows this war footing so you can see where the front lines are (as much as you can have front lines in three dimensional space and the ability to jump way past any perceived borders). Then using existing mechanics to play out that war, with war zones popping up in system after system near the 'front lines' giving players the ability to help flip systems. How that would work with the existing back ground sim I am not sure however. Punctuate this with community goal around key systems and it might be quite compelling (or it might be a big mess).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Stumbled across a couple systems you discovered on my way out to the rift.. Always refreshing to see a name I recognize.

Yay! fame :)

The change log is not in the beta. It's very public.

Not only that, but you guys on PC always get everything way before us lowly Xbox dorks, so we have to sit and drool over all your new interactions anyway. I say just blurt that crap out, maybe put it in a spoiler box so folks that don't want to see it don't have to.

Are you suggesting those three shot it down? If so I don't believe this is the case. I think it's been there a while, they just stumbled across it.

I don't think there will actually be any new form of game play, however it would be nice if systems were designated as being on one side or another and being on a war footing. There there being a new overlay for the galmap that shows this war footing so you can see where the front lines are (as much as you can have front lines in three dimensional space and the ability to jump way past any perceived borders). Then using existing mechanics to play out that war, with war zones popping up in system after system near the 'front lines' giving players the ability to help flip systems. How that would work with the existing back ground sim I am not sure however. Punctuate this with community goal around key systems and it might be quite compelling (or it might be a big mess).

they didnt shoot it down they got shot down by one of those things

also yea its ulikely but the fact that there is place in the game for an homeworld like rts gameplay with like a player controlled cap ship that can build ships for it self with either npc or player pilots
woud like that but also it woud need a lot of restrictions like "cant attack stations" etc just an idea but in a mmo like this it woud be able to shine

Not only that, but you guys on PC always get everything way before us lowly Xbox dorks, so we have to sit and drool over all your new interactions anyway. I say just blurt that crap out, maybe put it in a spoiler box so folks that don't want to see it don't have to.

The Canonn threads have always been No Beta zones. Lord Zolton has been our enforcer for many a kitten shooting spree. Why should we (sorry - they - I'm not officially Canonn, I just bring biscuits some times and they let me sit in occasionally) change?

dont want to start the hype/speculation train but it will start anyway anyone has a theory what the:
mysterious thing and biological entety will be i have my guesses but i dont want to pay for the beta/ruin it with it:(

dont want to start the hype/speculation train but it will start anyway anyone has a theory what the:
mysterious thing and biological entety will be i have my guesses but i dont want to pay for the beta/ruin it with it:(

Well, you know how we've all been out there in our SRVs millions of miles from the nearest duney...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom