UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You're making me feel old. I got both of those. I guess with today being Elites birthday, it's also absurd that I've been playing it for that long, on 5 different systems.

Of course ZZZAP 64 was the most appropriately named magazine ever, if you owned a Commodore 64, or should I say 20 of them because the joystick port 2 would get shocked and die.

Anyone decoded the security breached - Illegal transmission detected message from the Lave Herald posted to day.
LPOO RCILQ TJHH BIAO PJIEW OYBG First line

Any help appreciated
:)

Found at Lave Station Lave Herald

LPOO RCILQ TJHH BIAO PJIE OYBG
NJNR YOKC GRRQ NOAO PBRC JICV
JSGA GCFO RJRY BIFX JSNJ PXJS
PONN JPRQ RJOW KBIA RYOE JSIA
BPCO QJNY SHBI TCUC GCQB RCJI
XJSB POBR PSOK CJIO OPXL SBPO
RYOO GCRO THAP UCPL GRBI IOPR
YOKC GJRQ NOAO PBRC JI.

Solution
GREETINGS COMMANDER ON BEHALF OF THE PILTTS FEDERATION
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO EXPAND THE
BOUNDARIES OF HUMAN CIVIL I SATION YOU ARE A TRUE PIONEER
Y GU ARE THE ELITE CMDR VIRGL TANNER THE PILOTS FEDERATION.

Solved using quipquip

Last edited:

YOKC GJRQ NOAO PBRC JI.

Solution

Solved using quipquip

Well that was anticlimactic, and unnecessarily coded.

YOKC GJRQ NOAO PBRC JI.

Solution

Solved using quipquip

Who is Virgil Tanner?

Some of the testing requested for the beta suggests FD are planning more "encrypted treasure hunt" type events:
MYSTERIOUS TRANSMISSIONS TRIGGER SPECULATION

Strange FSD comms intercepts emanating from Eravate, Gateway, Lave, Achenar and Sol have triggered multiple conspiracy theories, as no-one has publicly acknowledged ownership or deciphered the meaning of the transmissions. Needless to say, a horde of intrepid freelance pilots are descending en masse to investigate.

Specific game play feedback request: we are inviting all Commanders to investigate signals found in the above systems. We require feedback about the sequence flow and results. Did it provide interesting game play? Did it make sense as a sequence? Were there issues with the flow or mechanics? If so, please specify with as much detail as possible.

LISTENING POSTS DETECT ANOMALOUS SIGNALS

A sanctioned listening post in the Col 285 Sector FG-X d1-49 system has picked up fragments of an anomalous signal. Commanders have been authorized to investigate.

Specific game play feedback request: we are inviting all Commanders to investigate the listening post found in the above system. We require feedback about the sequence flow and results. Did it provide interesting game play? Did it make sense as a sequence? Were there issues with the flow or mechanics? If so, please specify with as much detail as possible.

Some of the testing requested for the beta suggests FD are planning more "encrypted treasure hunt" type events:

Perhaps. I'm hoping that they've come up with procedurally generated code-based stuff so that I have a chance of seeing some coded message in the game before I see the answer on the forum.

well and there goes the "no elite beta" rule down the drain

poor kittens

You know, the thing that's surprised me most about 2.2 beta is the Thargoid contact that's been added to all Alliance starports. They keep saying they're considering a war with humanity and are conducting a poll to determine whether or not we're "up for it".

All in all, it seems a great way to all the players in game, but I think the wording could use some refinement...

:D

You know, the thing that's surprised me most about 2.2 beta is the Thargoid contact that's been added to all Alliance starports. They keep saying they're considering a war with humanity and are conducting a poll to determine whether or not we're "up for it".

All in all, it seems a great way to all the players in game, but I think the wording could use some refinement...

:D

That's going to be weird when the war starts and everyone already has a new FDEV-issued Tharglet copilot. Is he/she/it going to be all conflicted or keep on hoping you notice it senpai??
http://chattypics.com/files/IMG_20160919_214926c_tty7g4j1dp.jpg

Last edited:
well its been like 24 hours now and this thread hasn't been flooded with beta-science. Whether that is because you're all too busy, or haven't found any yet I don't know. But:

THANK YOU

(I'm not doing the beta, because there are people more qualified than me to test fighters and passenger missions, and random people joining it just to look for aliens is going to tax the server and make life harder for the people actually testing stuff.)

well its been like 24 hours now and this thread hasn't been flooded with beta-science. Whether that is because you're all too busy, or haven't found any yet I don't know. But:

THANK YOU

(I'm not doing the beta, because there are people more qualified than me to test fighters and passenger missions, and random people joining it just to look for aliens is going to tax the server and make life harder for the people actually testing stuff.)

^^

This.

Yes, pls don't spoiler any 2.2 Stuff in here.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom