UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
and they are related to ua i think, same whale like sounds and blue flying thingies
xBJybp2.jpg

J02vTjh.jpg

Just as expected! Work tied me in,
dragged me away from throttle and stick and bam!

Barnacles, barnacles everywhere!!!!

Time to start the real work, huh?
Next one found will allow comparison of environmental data.

Errrm... My "Strange Alloys" mission disappeared at some point between getting out of my ship and getting back in around the Barnacles.... I mean I don't mind not handing it in really but it just straight up disappeared ¬.¬ no "mission updated" no it still being there but saying "failed" just gone.

well now that we've found some barnacles it seems OO is struggling:
Obsidian Orbital Continuing to Deteriorate
14 JAN 3302
Recent reports from Obsidian Orbital, one of the starports affected by the mysterious malfunctions sweeping the galaxy, indicate that the situation at the starport has worsened. According to the station's technical team, the starport is only a hair's breadth from having to suspend services:

"Despite our best efforts, things are only getting worse. We're experiencing all kinds of malfunctions, and if the situation doesn't improve soon we'll have to start shutting down station services."

We will continue to bring you up-to-the-minute reports on this issue.
I personally am going to sell my Meta-Alloys to OO and see if it helps anything!

That symbol is interesting - it's on 3 faces of the barnacle, equally spaced. Definitely artificial IMO. Like an ownership mark, i.e. a brand. Oh dear.. somebody owns these and farms them.

And purrs eh? Anyone dropped a UA nearby to see what happens yet?

PS- I said it would be in a crater or canyon, and I said Merope, but MB threw us off with that 'good thinking' comment. Tsk tsk. Bad Michael!

Well you cant communicate with the Organic Structures using the data scanner (at least it doesn't seem to do anything) and you can't select the main 'Barnical' feature ... By the looks of it that might open up at some point (like a barnical) to 'feed' as it were ... maybe at night?

Going to try communcating with all of them first ... then gonna blow them all up to get at the loot :)

That symbol is interesting - it's on 3 faces of the barnacle, equally spaced. Definitely artificial IMO. Like an ownership mark, i.e. a brand. Oh dear.. somebody owns these and farms them.

PS- I said it would be in a crater or canyon, and I said Merope, but MB threw us off with that 'good thinking' comment. Tsk tsk. Bad Michael!

I also thought it would be in those "deposits" that you can see from orbit and it was, I think that is the key to the recognizable feature that can be seen from orbit that they are found within. those different coloured sections. Spent hours looking in them and didn't find any Barnacles though lol, even this exact place, they really are buggers to find!

EDIT: Ok important information here

leaving the instance and coming back causes the spikes to regrow, so they can be farmed!

Last edited:
Thanks to Mr A Hole who blasted my ASP to bits, thanks for waiting till I was in my SRV though :D

Thanks for the invite Zeph, its cool stuff like this that keeps it interesting.

2016-01-14_00032.jpg

Last edited:

dropped mine and had a CTD. so if anyone else can drop one and see what happens it would be great.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom