UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here is a cropped screen grab of the marking on the barnacle. Reverse Image search didn't come up with anything.
zhkJMOo.jpg

Here right now in the canonn group....

This thing makes CRAZY sounds!

quick notes:
-Same purr
-Same particle effects
-Constant hum/closest thing I could compare it to is Close Encounters

Going to pick up a UA and bring it back

Edit*
It also makes a sound like....wait for it....barnacles scraping under a boat

16122228977677893632_2016-01-14_00001.jpg

Last edited:
A fragmentary signal has been received by the flight operations team at Obsidian Orbital in the Maia system. The source of the signal has not been identified, but the strength of signal indicates it originated from a star system approximately 23 light years from Maia. Unfortunately, interference from a local black hole has made it impossible to determine a vector for the transmission.

The signal, which lasted only a few seconds, had degraded so much that only a small string of numbers could be extracted. Some have speculated the numbers may be coordinates of some kind: b?n?r? ??a??t L??: 27??3 ??n?: 9?.??

Pilots in the region are advised to keep on the lookout, and to offer assistance if needed.

Binary Star....something something

So there you go, congrats again to this awesome community. We did discover what the sounds meant in the UA and now we found something almost impossible to find in a very wide area.Congrats to all commanders especially to CMDR Octo and be careful, now they know that we located them; be prepared, the space is a bit more dangerous from now on.

The discover was posted on this thread, Pal, exactly like your nonsense ;)
Canonn is just a name to join all the lovely people loving the lovely Science, nothing more.
Sorry.
Another Canonn conspiracy theorist. If I recall, the name Canonn was taken from Arcanonn's name by a player who dumped a hundred tuns of biowaste in front of a station as a form of protest. Canonn was originally a terrorist group.

Has anyone seen the galnet news about the signal ~23Ly from Maia?

b?n?r? ??a??t L??:27??3 ??n?:9?.??

I'm fairly certain it translates to binary planet Lat:27??3 Long:9?.??

So we should focus on systems ~23Ly away from Maia with binary planets. I'm 500Ly out and have not much time. So happy hunting.

Ninja'd ...

Last edited:
A fragmentary signal has been received by the flight operations team at Obsidian Orbital in the Maia system. The source of the signal has not been identified, but the strength of signal indicates it originated from a star system approximately 23 light years from Maia. Unfortunately, interference from a local black hole has made it impossible to determine a vector for the transmission.

The signal, which lasted only a few seconds, had degraded so much that only a small string of numbers could be extracted. Some have speculated the numbers may be coordinates of some kind: b?n?r? ??a??t L??: 27??3 ??n?: 9?.??

Pilots in the region are advised to keep on the lookout, and to offer assistance if needed.

Binary Planet Lat:27??3 Long:9?.??

Where is this from? GALNET?

Last edited:
Here is a better look at what they look like on the wave scanner:

Screenshot_0022.png
As you can see there are 3 lines close together similar to Bronzite mineral drops but in the upper middle of the scanner, then one line further down.

Also yes they emit a similar purr to the UA's but much lower and slower.

I'd been focusing on Maia 7, using process monitor I keep seeing the barnacle assests loading but I can never find them when I look around. Sounds like next time I see that happen, I should try relogging a few times.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom