UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, this is what we get about Merope 5 C from the spreadsheet:

System: Merope
Dist From Star: 5,096.47
Orbit Parent: 5
Orbit Parent Type/Atmosphere: Class Y Dwarf/267K
Surface Temp: 297
Tidally Locked (to orbit parent): Yes
Type: Rocky body
Gravity: 0.18
Volcanism: None
Volatiles: Lost most
Ice:
Rock: 86.00
Metal: 14.00
Notes: Barnacles found at -28.3507, -156.4025

Now we'll have to extrapolate from what we have.

Can you re-post with axial tilt and orbital inclination?

Ok, the barnacle looks as it has protruding tendrils that could be attached to the main barnacle head. The tendrils are shooting spores and appear to have small barnacles on them. I think this is a living plant, moreso like a mushroom, that is growing here. However, the mystery is not over. The barnacle is making the same sounds and spores as the UA. I don't think the barnacle made them but something else, something more intelligent.

Nicely done to the commanders that found this.

Once we find another one, ideally two, we can start to theorise about planetary conditions that suit their existence. That's the next fun part. After that we can start looking into the origins of them. An introduction of a UA to the site would be good too.

Refreshing news that they aren't only found in the dark or on high G worlds. Makes finding them a lot easier!

Maybe other barnacles will have other symbols on them that form a clue or jigsaw. We'll know more the more we find.

Last edited:
Well, this is what we get about Merope 5 C from the spreadsheet:

System: Merope
Dist From Star: 5,096.47
Orbit Parent: 5
Orbit Parent Type/Atmosphere: Class Y Dwarf/267K
Surface Temp: 297
Tidally Locked (to orbit parent): Yes
Type: Rocky body
Gravity: 0.18
Volcanism: None
Volatiles: Lost most
Ice:
Rock: 86.00
Metal: 14.00
Notes: Barnacles found at -28.3507, -156.4025

Now we'll have to extrapolate from what we have.

I think it's also important to note that it was found in one of those brightly colored canyons that seem tof be fairly common on the nebula planets

Which is the point at which, like many, I left Merope. :D
Same here. What the heck? Next time I'll know better, just stick with your gut.
I take one days break from ED and it figures that's when the first Barney was found.
I must admit, I'm rather unimpressed by it. MB said we couldn't help noticing them if we were in the right area. I'm prepared to call on that - I could have flown right by that thing and never saw it.

I'm afraid not - the nebula that they can be found in relates to their origin and I can't talk about that.

Michael
I'm going to go on that "I'm afraid not" Applies to all questions I asked, specifically the last one.
I was fairly certain the Barnacles where found more rim-ward(because the barnacles are not from this galaxy dun dun dun) anyways, so core-ward nebulae are off the list.

I think we should expand the search efforts to another nebula, but focus one nebula at a time(without forgetting that there are more than one placed site in Pleiades). California seems a good next step.

1 - Found on a Thursday.......mmmmm I wonder why that rings a bell wink wink

2 - Found after a spate of reported crashes..........mmmmm

3 - Confirmed that barnacle in open clearing in broad daylight is difficult to find..........mmmmmmm.........pray tell where are the easy ones hiding?

4 - I definitely need my tinfoil hat to be reinforced with aluminum.......somethings hinky.....

Oh yes, congrats to the discoverer :D

What exactly am I supposed to do there, not being able to land on a planet and thus not seeing anything? Sounds great!

xbox players can do orbital cruise. you're right though, probably not low enough to see anything.
do like I did, switch to PC :)

Last edited:
I've tried to rotate this symbol, but still it doesn't ring a bell:
0NvuDuK.jpg

I'm afraid not - the nebula that they can be found in relates to their origin and I can't talk about that.

Michael

Perhaps the Pleiades is unique in that it's the only nebula where meta-alloys are created? Maybe due to the star type or the elemental makeup of the nebula cloud. Different factions could also be something to think about. Different barnacles in different nebulas might produce their own unique material or operated by different factions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom