UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about what free floater means.. it doesn't have to alone, or even an anomaly, it can be a floating probe surrounded by religious ships, combat ships, or .. other.. ships. we really don't know what are we looking for.

slarty, if it was in Sirius it would have been found by now.

Can we please have a better term than "free floater". We at the Turdetani Board of Tourism wish to advise you that use of this term is illegal in our beautiful system.

If UP's were free floating in or around the Merope system then the convoy locations would probably be the same as they were for the UA convoys, so i am sorry to say i think you may well be looking in the wrong place.

Yeah I went to Maia thinking I would do some exhaustive searching. Then I saw the traffic stats for the system and stopped. There is a *lot* of traffic in these systems. If there's anything that can be randomly tripped over in near space it would certainly have been tripped over by now.

Planetary surfaces are different though, and the "thing" we think we are looking for is likely to be small (or we would have seen it) and possibly deliberately concealed. You probably *need* to decipher the UP diagram in order to have any real chance of finding it.

Last edited:
The interesting thing is this.
Palin has messed about with UA's and he is now an engineer. you get acess to him through Qwent, who resides in Sirius. now these 2 must be working together.
All UP convoys so far have been around Sirius and they all look to know what to do with them
So are these thins a man made adaption of a UA, with the sole purpose of finding something on Merope 5c.
Now FD did not actually say there were free floater but did say there were other ways of obtaining them, is Qwent growing these things do we need to get really chummy with him?
I don't have the invite for Qwent yet (GRRR still waiting ) so i have not been to his station. does it make UA noises like some of them do?

I think Sirius corporation is after Palins MA materials, because they are resistant to antimatter annihilation.

They need it to get their military fuel on the market again.

A war would be perfect to boost sales. :)

I don't know if Core Dynamics have a competing thing going on or if they are trying to sabotage it?

Perhaps the UP is just showing us what it sees when looking at Merope (5c?) After all they all point there. Symbols at bottom left and right give us the axis of rotation ( one being the mirror of the other l-- --l )

If the ends of the single curved line are focused into the middle of the sphere they meet the top end of the diagonal line in the bottom right quadrant, as do the two line ends at the bottom left edge of the sphere.

Maybe the two symbols at the top mean night and day.

The focus would be the edge of light from the sun on the equator, which is not a constant but are two points, which move with rotation.
Time for medication, I'll get my coat.

If UP's were free floating in or around the Merope system then the convoy locations would probably be the same as they were for the UA convoys, so i am sorry to say i think you may well be looking in the wrong place.
Absolutely. As you will see, I am entirely happy for Commanders to search wherever they feel their efforts will be best served. The point though is to coordinate and record our efforts so that a) people can see what is being done, and b) can avoid replication, and c) we can get a feel for the reliability of 'no luck' reports (on the basis of time)

Can we please have a better term than "free floater". We at the Turdetani Board of Tourism wish to advise you that use of this term is illegal in our beautiful system.
hHow about a "LENDU"

[h=1]Definitions for Pythagorean NumerologyThe numerical value of lendu in Pythagorean Numerology is #2[/h]
DHU

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

and funnily enugh lendu is a turd in hindi or maharastran

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
i have an idea :)
So who on here is good at getting posts up on Galnet.
Because we can test this.
We make a post going into the details about Paling and Gwent being linked and about the whole murky world of the engineers,UA's and barnacles and shadowy experiments, state that Cmdr has become aware that something is going on around the Sirius system With regards to the same tech as the UA's, and more or less insinuate that this is something to do with Qwent.
If it gets posted then it's not in contradiction with whats going on, but it has to be worded right and i am definitely not the best person for that.

Last edited:
Maybe the four corners are the morse key to which an UA will respond. Did someone tried that?
If anybody is willing to try, it should be tested with both a UA and a UP in space, near Merope 5c and while recording.

Maybe the four corners are the morse key to which an UA will respond. Did someone tried that?
If anybody is willing to try, it should be tested with both a UA and a UP in space, near Merope 5c and while recording.
We tried sending morse to the UA in many forms to no result. using the lights on the ship don't know if numbers were ever done though

Perhaps the UP is just showing us what it sees when looking at Merope (5c?) After all they all point there. Symbols at bottom left and right give us the axis of rotation ( one being the mirror of the other l-- --l )

If the ends of the single curved line are focused into the middle of the sphere they meet the top end of the diagonal line in the bottom right quadrant, as do the two line ends at the bottom left edge of the sphere.

Maybe the two symbols at the top mean night and day.

The focus would be the edge of light from the sun on the equator, which is not a constant but are two points, which move with rotation.
Time for medication, I'll get my coat.

I tried to 'fold' the image in Photoshop yesterday, along the vertical axis of the circle.

I failed, because of lack of PS skills.

It would be interesting to see how it looks.

The I-- and --I would overlap and the bottom right line would fall perfectly between the two 'limiters' on bottom left.

well here have some fed red chatter from merope
hsMmHna.jpg

and damaged feds

AWuELFX.jpg

Last edited:
What if the Unknown Probes are probes send to scan down our ships so the "aliens" know what they are dealing with?
I looked at the picture that became visible out of the sound sequence due to the advanced scan and what I see is a reprecentation of the target radar in our cockpit.
The --|, -|-, |-- are indicating the probes wants to do more scans of the ship.

The first time the ship is scanned frontal, which results in the soundwave providing the picture.
The probe ask to repeat the detailed scans starting at --| meaning turn you ship in such a way that the targeted UP is in the lower right corner position of our target radar, the press the detailed scan (Ships right underside gets scanned by probe).
Next -|- turn your ship till the targeted UP is at upper left part of target radar. (Ships left topside gets scanned by probe)
Next |-- turn your ship till the targeted UP is at lower left part of target radar. (Ships left downside gets scanned by probe)
The last scan is turn your ship till targeted UP is at upper right part of target radar and with ships shield down like someone stated before. (Ships right topside gets scanned inclusive the ship internal parts)

After this sequence maybe the probe sends results to Aliens so they know our strenghts and weakneses.
Or they are looking for our technology to build their own ships. Maybe they are looking for a way to easy travel them selfes. And get a bigger reach to spread by building ships according our technology.

why not, but then the message wont be a map of the system where the Aliens live and everybody will be disapoited :/

Last edited:
What if the Unknown Probes are probes send to scan down our ships so the "aliens" know what they are dealing with?
I looked at the picture that became visible out of the sound sequence due to the advanced scan and what I see is a reprecentation of the target radar in our cockpit.
The --|, -|-, |-- are indicating the probes wants to do more scans of the ship.

The first time the ship is scanned frontal, which results in the soundwave providing the picture.
The probe ask to repeat the detailed scans starting at --| meaning turn you ship in such a way that the targeted UP is in the lower right corner position of our target radar, the press the detailed scan (Ships right underside gets scanned by probe).
Next -|- turn your ship till the targeted UP is at upper left part of target radar. (Ships left topside gets scanned by probe)
Next |-- turn your ship till the targeted UP is at lower left part of target radar. (Ships left downside gets scanned by probe)
The last scan is turn your ship till targeted UP is at upper right part of target radar and with ships shield down like someone stated before. (Ships right topside gets scanned inclusive the ship internal parts)

After this sequence maybe the probe sends results to Aliens so they know our strenghts and weakneses.
Or they are looking for our technology to build their own ships. Maybe they are looking for a way to easy travel them selfes. And get a bigger reach to spread by building ships according our technology.
That's good nice and simple easy to test once we get someone with a UP.

I apologize if this has already been covered so if it has, please ignore.

The circle with the line through it: could it be a graphical representation of Pi? I'm not sure where to go from there with this line of thought but the line extending from the center of the circle could be interpreted as a measure of radius.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom