Unable to deploy SRV

Hello,
i have some problems to deploy my srv
i have an asp explorer with a hanger vehicle and a bay with one SRv inside
the total power is more than I need
the cargo hatch is activated and priority 1
I land on a planete without any ground base
landing gear is deployed and the ship is correctly land (blue line ok)
so tried a lot of combination nothing help me to deploy the SRV
please if you have ideas thank you

So what happens? Essentially, you open up the menu below your feet and deploy the SRV that way. Do you see the SRV deploy menu?

^^^ this. If power is an issue put it to a low priority so it's turned off most the time.

When you land your thrusters power down and it should come back on automatically after a few seconds.

When we first had planetary landings, someone on this forum had to tell me to "look down", i.e. default key 3, to find the menu to launch the SRV. I couldn't find it anywhere without that tip !

Have you actually got an SRV available?
Have you lost it and not restocked it?
:unsure:

(I was keeping an eye on your original thread, but my French is terrible.)

Hello,
i have some problems to deploy my srv
i have an asp explorer with a hanger vehicle and a bay with one SRv inside
the total power is more than I need
the cargo hatch is activated and priority 1
I land on a planete without any ground base
landing gear is deployed and the ship is correctly land (blue line ok)
so tried a lot of combination nothing help me to deploy the SRV
please if you have ideas thank you
You saiy you are correctly alígned with the ground, but have you actually landed? Like, ship powers down thrusters and you sit firmly on the ground? As long you can still move your ship it's not landed.

hello to all thanks for your message
i try to answer to all
first on the role menu I have the SRV module and 3 options "deploy" always in grey, "details" it's ok to click it on and also the "back". So I cannot select the deploy option
2nd the power of the SRV Vehicle Hanger is always on (activated) and prioriry is 1
I land several time and I'm sure to be correctly align and all thrusters down. Landing gear deployed
hello Speedcuffs thanks to survey my post but my english is very poor
On the module panel the vehicule hangar is actived and the priority is 1
so I'm little bit lost

Hey OP. Of you've got power and tried landing in several locations then my last guess is what's already been suggested.

Do you have an SRV?

When you buy the bay you need to buy the SRV seperately (Scarab). Beyond that i can't help as those are the 3 likeliest reasons in my experience.

Hm.
There are only two things needed in order to deploy the SRV:
  • you need to be landed, completely (which sometimes can be tricky on uneven ground)
  • the SRV bay must be powered.

The Pilots' Federation guide on Surface Recon Vehicles, and how to use them.

Dock to a station and go to outfitting, then go to optional internals and click one of the slots in your surface vehicle hangar. If it's empty, then buy an SRV. If that hasn't worked, or you already have one, then go to 'restock all'. After that, ensure your vehicle hangar is on and orange instead of red, go to a planet, deploy landing gear, find a spot that says 'slow down' or has the alignment arrows/'alignment correct' text, then touch down and wiggle about until your ship latches to the surface. Press 3 (default) to go to your roles panel, press Q or E (default) until you get to the 'all' or 'SRV' section and click an SRV. Press 'Deploy'. Once on the surface, you can go to your roles panel, press the SRV button and press the button that says 'dismiss ship' and have it take off until you recall it in the same menu.

Thankyou for reporting back ..... it could just have been a strange bug then. Good to know in case others find the same issue.

Depending on the terrain, the four-leg undercarriage of the AspX can sometimes cause problems. Easier to get all legs on the ground with a tripod undercarriage (e.g. Krait). Though switching off Flight Assist can help a ship settle onto uneven ground.

Top Bottom