Ships Ungankable iCourier

Please help me with an iCourier. I remember reading about a pretty awesome iCourier once and I can't seem to find the thread anymore. I need this ship for BGS courier work as well as traveling to Shinrarta in style, I live on the outskirts so it needs a scoop and fair jump. I can live with about 28LY but hope for higher. It needs to be ungankable but also allow for a fight so I can bloody the nose of a ganker. Please help! I came up with this but not sure. I don't put docking computer or sca on my PvP only ships, but this one is BGS courier and I kind of use those QOL modules for this particular task. I'm 100% fa off in battle. Please comment on using guardian shield booster.

Ungankable?

Please help me with an iCourier. I remember reading about a pretty awesome iCourier once and I can't seem to find the thread anymore. I need this ship for BGS courier work as well as traveling to Shinrarta in style, I live on the outskirts so it needs a scoop and fair jump. I can live with about 28LY but hope for higher. It needs to be ungankable but also allow for a fight so I can bloody the nose of a ganker. Please help! I came up with this but not sure. I don't put docking computer or sca on my PvP only ships, but this one is BGS courier and I kind of use those QOL modules for this particular task. I'm 100% fa off in battle. Please comment on using guardian shield booster.

Ungankable?
Does the Courier also charge twice as fast as the FSD ?

Don't bother with weapons, and get rid of all the shield reinforcements to get your speed over 700m/s and simply boost away. At those speeds anything that can comfortable catch you will not be able to get through your shields before you jump away..

Most of the ships in this thread will be hard to gank and they just go so fast.. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fast-battle-courier.508740/
Ahh, the iCourier I was looking for was buried in there! Page 4, Na'Qan. I will definitely study that build. It seems a bit slow but I like the analysis.

I don't want to just run in a gank, I want to boost off then come back and joust a few times. I'm concerned the shield reinforcements are doing more harm then good. The overwhelming use of class 2 shield in that thread and even the class 1 shield has me thinking to perhaps downrate. I'll theory craft some more

With a fast build you can't have both high shields and heavy hull both will slow you down. The shields buff would suit better less weight. I'll link a rails build below.
That way you can just then take off when it suits you.
Be wary...some gankers use a fast FAS. I have one and they run very cool and are hard to target.

Note:: 726ms she will do but I've left optional modules mainly empty so you can add what you want. But everything you add will slow you down.

o7 cmdr

With a fast build you can't have both high shields and heavy hull both will slow you down. The shields buff would suit better less weight. I'll link a rails build below.
That way you can just then take off when it suits you.
Be wary...some gankers use a fast FAS. I have one and they run very cool and are hard to target.

Note:: 726ms she will do but I've left optional modules mainly empty so you can add what you want. But everything you add will slow you down.

o7 cmdr
Nice @Dragsham Any heat issues with the two rails? How do you think 3 would do? I kind of like the idea of the turreted heat vent, I guess that mitigates the heat issue? Very cool. How well do those shields hold up, say perhaps against a volley or two from rails or plasmas against a krait or fdl?

Enuff so that you run..u can modify em to recharge quicker..you've some surplus power..just be careful. Cargo hatch can be disabled along with any auto docks supercruise etc.
Heat is an issue with all rails but the turret weight is well worth it as it mitigates the heat generated. Keep the turret. A third rail would seriously over heat. Make sure you build then TEST before combat.
Yeah it's a nice ship

Well here is what I'm kind of sort of thinking of now. I've never done any remote flechette pvp before, so that would be new. I thought that Oath of Carthage build is pretty sweet. Please don't give me too much crap about SCA and docking assist. I like those for my BGS craft because I can kind of zone out and multi-task. The jump range is livable here too, 31 LY. It might be gankable at this point though. Thoughts on gankiness?

Not sure I am qualified to assess that build. It is interesting. My first reaction is it is too slow to avoid attack and too fragile to withstand it. Good integrity but the shields (111 thermal mj) are gone first volley.

Class 1 Bi-weave, three heatsink launchers

My second reaction is to go more fully one way or the other. Either make is super fast or better protected. It's a tweener as is. I would go with super fast. I bet few things annoy a ganker more than a ship they cannot catch.

That said I've been wrong before and my blaze ain't your blaze, so blaze your own! :)

Yeah, it's definitely more fragile than the Oath of Carthage build, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fast-battle-courier.508740/post-7781259
I love the idea for sure, but upping the jump range to the required 28 LY and the addition of SCA and docking assist and fuel scoop really gimp it.... When I do BGS work, I kind of go into auto-pilot. I mean, I get some missions, and SCA to it, once I get there, I auto dock and in that time I'm doing other things like theory crafting hah, or whatever else, looking at galmap, etc... I make use of the time when I'm in SCA and auto docking, so I kind of need them for that ship. I guess I'm still not sure where I'm headed. I have a nice iCourier here just waiting to be modified. Would love to put a hurt on a ganker in it too if possible! Any other ideas on getting through shields with an iCourier? That was the first I've learned about kinetic munitions getting through shields. I thought only energy weapons with phasing mods could get through shields. Would love to glitch out a power plant in the iCourier

... Any other ideas on getting through shields with an iCourier? That was the first I've learned about kinetic munitions getting through shields. I thought only energy weapons with phasing mods could get through shields. Would love to glitch out a power plant in the iCourier

You could get their drives to stall with ion mines.
Blow through their shields and fritz random modules with Scramble Spectrum mod on a Cytoscrambler.
Ping their gimbals/turrets with a PA mod too. Dispersal Field.

Turreted cannon can shoot backward from the pods I think. Does Dazzle Shell work on NPCs?

There are many builds with an Imperial Courier from a dedicated VERY fast ship to a
support ship in a wing with PvP combat with weapons to take out shields, FSDs and
modules then the others go for the kill. A fast Courier excels at this. But any ship can
be defeated in the game going Solo.

There are two requirements. One a great ship build specifically for a dedicated play style.
Two a pilot with the experience playing ED to take advantage of the positive abilities the
ship they are currently flying and knowing the negatives. Weak on either one when going
into serious harm's way and be prepared for a rebuy.

Still it doesn't hurt to have a great paint job! You decide...

courier93.jpg

Last edited:
This is the sort of machine you'll be up against. Supercruises at just 15% heat. In battle those rails generate 65-75% per volley. The beam and 20 heatsinks cool her along with her low ambient heat. Super pen experimentals with one feedback cascade.
I use this for PvP and soloing combat zones (Just 1 synth)
She is designed around 4 nasty short range rails which I'm currently upgrading to g5 short range imperial hammers making her even nastier.
Power plant low emissions.
She's carrier based hence the small light frameshift drive.
Lots of hull and a small quick charging (45 seconds) shield..
Can one shot alot of smaller craft with just a volley.
With a good pilot it would be a fab fight vs a quick courier or fas.

Last edited:
@S0rkvild , I don't have any power play yet, working on it. The flight assist is necessary because this ship is dual role, BGS Courier/ungankable transport. The BGS Courier part means that I'm doing missions that just take time. I'm often doing other things during those missions, like surveying the galmap mostly, or research of some sort or another. Because of that, I rely on autopilots. I know it gimps my ship. I just want to be able to stand my ground somewhat, and escape last minute. I'd like to get a good few volleys in, put a bit of a hurt, and then leave, that's all.

@Hooplah , My present iCourier is pretty much ungankable too. It's boosting at 850m/s and easily escapes. I just want to make it have more teeth and I want to put the hurt on a ganker, not necessarily destroy.

@Dragsham , because I use the iCourier for more than just strictly PvP, it won't be as good. It's goal is to mostly be ungankable, but also put up a fight too.

I was working on this iCourier last night. I don't think a hull tank will work for my needs because it wouldn't jump as well as I need and it would be a bit too slow. This seems fast enough to avoid a gank, and put up a bit of a fight. I'm still deciding, I'd hate to spend all the mats on something I will regret

@CptArcher Good direction with your build. Take a look at my "3x800" Courier. 800 of shields, hull and speed, hence 3x800. I love this ship, beast to fly with cruise speed over 600m/s , boosting up to 850m/s. I never died in this ship, she is ungankable, amazingly well protected and tested in pvp. Gankers in Shinra seeing Couriers are aware of super speeds so they will leave you alone in most cases. Their fdls are fat cows with ugly strut across the canopy. Instead you can gank :) ruin their day by interdicting them, try hitting with weapons, exchange first blows, with that speed you will be always safe by leaving your opponent far, far behind when things take the wrong turn. This is a perfect platform to accustom yourself to player vs player combat where there is always panic button under - boost to 850 m/s. And if you're bored go to Buckyball Racing and show them how that racing ship doesn't have to be made of glass. Funny thing, the Courier can have it all!
At first you will notice smallest reinforced shield (with very balanced resistances from, four SB's), smaller fuel tank, small and overcharged power plant, D class distro and D class fsd - properly adjusted for jump range and recharge intervals, she is not wheezing in combat while waiting for another boost. And with that speeds you're resistant to most weapons due to attacker not being able to hit, nevertheless hitscan weapons like lasers and railguns might be problematic. In combat I fly with 1,4,1 or 2,3,1 pip profile. Lightweight weapons are pretty much like efficient, so distro drain is really low allowing you to divert more power to eng and sys.
Two main weapons are kinetic, lightweight frag cannons with incendiary ammo, highly effective against shields and with that speed I can always get up close and personal. Third weapon is interchangable - depending on the situation, I mostly use a trademark Imperial weapon, a lightweight imperial hammer with penetration rounds (no distro issues whatsoever).Generally I have a set of lightweight weapons for this baby from pulse lasers, cytoscramblers, multicannons, plamsas to railguns.
To maintain 800m/s and above speeds at least two weapons have to lightweight, but even with 100 m/s lower when three non-lightweight weapons are mounted the speed my ship is still very good. The hammer, the prismatic shield and the ship itself. Grace, power and performance - the synergy. Arissa would have approved.
PS. You can take off two HRP's and fit those flight assists or anything - like small cargo racks. Also regular 1A shield (reinforced with hi-cap) should give you ~650 MJ of shield. You can also take off one shield booster, but remember to balance out the resistances. There is definitely space to work with fsd and distro, but if you want to be a speed demon leave them as they are.

84615x2114.jpg

Last edited:
@CptArcher Good direction with your build. Take a look at my "3x800" Courier. 800 of shields, hull and speed, hence 3x800. I love this ship, beast to fly with cruise speed over 600m/s , boosting up to 850m/s. I never died in this ship, she is ungankable, amazingly well protected and tested in pvp. Gankers in Shinra seeing Couriers are aware of super speeds so they will leave you alone in most cases. Their fdls are fat cows with ugly strut across the canopy. Instead you can gank :) ruin their day by interdicting them, try hitting with weapons, exchange first blows, with that speed you will be always safe by leaving your opponent far, far behind when things take the wrong turn. This is a perfect platform to accustom yourself to player vs player combat where there is always panic button under - boost to 850 m/s. And if you're bored go to Buckyball Racing and show them how that racing ship doesn't have to be made of glass. Funny thing, the Courier can have it all!
At first you will notice smallest reinforced shield (with very balanced resistances from, four SB's), smaller fuel tank, small and overcharged power plant, D class distro and D class fsd - properly adjusted for jump range and recharge intervals, she is not wheezing in combat while waiting for another boost. And with that speeds you're resistant to most weapons due to attacker not being able to hit, nevertheless hitscan weapons like lasers and railguns might be problematic. In combat I fly with 1,4,1 or 2,3,1 pip profile. Lightweight weapons are pretty much like efficient, so distro drain is really low allowing you to divert more power to eng and sys.
Two main weapons are kinetic, lightweight frag cannons with incendiary ammo, highly effective against shields and with that speed I can always get up close and personal. Third weapon is interchangable - depending on the situation, I mostly use a trademark Imperial weapon, a lightweight imperial hammer with penetration rounds (no distro issues whatsoever).Generally I have a set of lightweight weapons for this baby from pulse lasers, cytoscramblers, multicannons, plamsas to railguns.
To maintain 800m/s and above speeds at least two weapons have to lightweight, but even with 100 m/s lower when three non-lightweight weapons are mounted the speed my ship is still very good. The hammer, the prismatic shield and the ship itself. Grace, power and performance - the synergy. Arissa would have approved.
PS. You can take off two HRP's and fit those flight assists or anything - like small cargo racks. Also regular 1A shield (reinforced with hi-cap) should give you ~650 MJ of shield. You can also take off one shield booster, but remember to balance out the resistances. There is definitely space to work with fsd and distro, but if you want to be a speed demon leave them as they are.

84615x2114.jpg

Ooh. That is about the speed I want and the DPS and with the weapons I'm somewhat more familiar with. I of course can't build it with the prismatic yet, but should be able to in a couple weeks or so hopefully if I can scrounge up the money. I can't do the imp hammer either but I can certainly do a rail. Even if I change the FSD to a class A, it puts the jump right where I want it! Thank you for that!

Top Bottom