Ungulate Talk

I would love to see more ungulates. Kirks Dik Dik is my most wanted one which is also in my top 3 of all animals I want. But I would also like to have some other antelopes like the blackbuck, the gerenuk, the Addax, the Sagt and the nilgai. So I would be in for a DLC just with antelopes 😀.

In case of horses the przewalski horse and the Somali wild donkey would be great. But I would not say no to a second zebra species, too.

In case of bovids the guar and the yak would be my favourites.

Rhinos: I would not conplaint about the Integration of the black rhino and/or the Sumatras rhino.

Giraffe: I do not need another one but if we getting another one than I hope it will be the massai Giraffe.

In case of pigs the red river hog is again one of my top wishes but also the peccary would be a good welcome for me. In case of the wild boar I would not say no to extend the Wildpark animals.

Sheeps and goats. I would say the Barbary sheep would be nice as a hot climate goat. And the musk ox and the taking also would be nice.

In case of deers the most wanted for me is the muntjac but I somehow still would like to have the red deer.

The dromedary as the second camel is also one of my hot wishes as I really like camels 😀.

I need no further Tapir but a better version of my be loved malaysian tapir would be awesome.

It's very baffling that, somehow, ungulates (28 as of 1.8) are outnumbered by carnivorans in Planet Zoo (30 as of 1.8). Ungulates are the cornerstones of a zoo, so more of them would be in very high order.
I would like to see a DLC for once without a member of the order Carnivora.
There has been at least one often two in every pack. Of course there are always more good choices to add, but so many other areas are far more behind by now.

I would like to see a DLC for once without a member of the order Carnivora.
There has been at least one often two in every pack. Of course there are always more good choices to add, but so many other areas are far more behind by now.
I get that, but they are just very appealing animals and usefull for both ingame and diversity in the dlc itself.
If you ask me, australia was the only dlc that should not have added it carnivora, but rather something else, but we have 2 packs with bears as headliners, 1 with a mustelid and 2 with a cat, with the carnivorans in the other packs being a seal and otter for aquatic and the cougar, arctic fox and sealion in na.
All of these animals were really good choices and its not that carnivora are overrepresented, but everybody else neglected so to speak.
This dlc had a nice ballance and i just hope moving forward thag now that most of the really popular ones are released, atleast more oh the headliner spots go to the other animals.

I get that, but they are just very appealing animals and usefull for both ingame and diversity in the dlc itself.
If you ask me, australia was the only dlc that should not have added it carnivora, but rather something else, but we have 2 packs with bears as headliners, 1 with a mustelid and 2 with a cat, with the carnivorans in the other packs being a seal and otter for aquatic and the cougar, arctic fox and sealion in na.
All of these animals were really good choices and its not that carnivora are overrepresented, but everybody else neglected so to speak.
This dlc had a nice ballance and i just hope moving forward thag now that most of the really popular ones are released, atleast more oh the headliner spots go to the other animals.
I agree with most of your points and I just started a thread about it to not go too much of topic here.

And I think the rooster is fine and logical in the new DLC but I wouldn't call it a nice balance. It is 50/50 ungulates and carnivores, they could have given a spot to a bird or rodent in my opinion.

28 ungulates isn’t so bad - there are only 2 marsupials… not that I disagree, more ungulates would be good.
As they said before, the dingo was such a wasted slot... A 3rd marsupial in an Australian pack wouldn't have been too many.
And the only good thing about the dingo was that little pool it came with, but it only works as enrichment for too few animals 😩

So everyone of you could only pick one more ungulate to add in PZ what would it be? For me it’s a toss up between Saiga and P Horses I really want central/ northern Asia to get more representation

Just one is oof, there are still so many out there, but honestly that might sound boring, but i would choose either the red deer or the wild boar, as both are corner stones of eurasias fauna and especally for my local wildparks. Also their are both very unique from the other cervids and pigs in the game, so thats a + aswell.
I mean, who wouldnt want the red majesty and black death of the european forest in their zoos?

Can we talk about deer? I really hope they don't stop at Fallow deer. I know people are happy that there are now 3 in game but they all have palmate antlers and only appeal to Western-centric audiences.

The real diversity of deer species is in Asia and they're a staple of the ecosystem. The next majority is in South/Central America.

If there is only going to a few more deer, Sambar would be best to represent most of Asia. Then Pudu would represent South America being the most common one found in zoos.

Truly, I think Asia deserves as much hoofstock attention as Africa does, and a majority of it are deer. Barasingha are my favorite. Pere David's is a staple for East Asia. Muntjac are the cutest and would add another deer. There are others but I think that would round out deer at a minimum and decent level.

Can we talk about deer? I really hope they don't stop at Fallow deer. I know people are happy that there are now 3 in game but they all have palmate antlers and only appeal to Western-centric audiences.
I agree that we should have more animals from more areas fullstop. But I disagree with your framing of the question. Just because someone is in the “west” doesn’t make them “western-centric” and the appeal of any species isn’t limited only to those with first hand experience or cultural familiarity with it.

The real diversity of deer species is in Asia and they're a staple of the ecosystem. The next majority is in South/Central America.

If there is only going to a few more deer, Sambar would be best to represent most of Asia. Then Pudu would represent South America being the most common one found in zoos.

Truly, I think Asia deserves as much hoofstock attention as Africa does, and a majority of it are deer. Barasingha are my favorite. Pere David's is a staple for East Asia. Muntjac are the cutest and would add another deer. There are others but I think that would round out deer at a minimum and decent level.

I agree that we should have more animals from more areas fullstop. But I disagree with your framing of the question. Just because someone is in the “west” doesn’t make them “western-centric” and the appeal of any species isn’t limited only to those with first hand experience or cultural familiarity with it.

Just saying that reindeer and moose live in Asia too...

I agree that Asia needs more hoof stock badly it’s so underrepresented there. Yesterday I visited animal kingdom and they had a asian grassland/ good stock yard with Asian water buffalo, blackbuck, and elds deer and it made me want asian grasslands all the more! I really hope we get more hoofstock

I updated the OP to remove the animals added in the Europe pack and I added some animals to the deer section and bovine section like the pudu, asian water buffalo and yak.

Top Bottom