Update 1.2.4 out now!

My trade centre animals are now all on one page! It's the little things that make me happy. :D

Now, that was a surprise! I just had an ostrich run instead of an elephant, when starting the game. How cool is that?

Wait when are we talking here? Loading a zoo or before the game menu?

UPDATE: I just saw the answer to my question...

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the update, did this also fix the waterfalls made before the south america patch being too high all of a sudden, that we talked about here ?

If the waterfalls haven't been moved or adjusted, they'll now be fixed.

If the waterfalls haven't been moved or adjusted, they'll now be fixed.

well not really as I just checked. See attached screenshot, after the patch that came with South America all previously created waterfalls were moved up for some reason as reported by multiple people. For some it was fixed but not for every creation for some odd reason. But thanks for the ones that were fixed
not fixed.png

Last edited:
I realy love the update, but when will the notifications from the timeline be updated? You still recieve every second a notification, even though you turned the notifications off for some species in the timelinesettings (to test I turned them off for baird's tapirs and springboks, but still you recieve a notification for litterly every animal that is (about to) mature/expexting or having offspring etc.. or when I released like a moment ago almost 100 animals (due to the fighting bug I had lots of babybooms), the 'has been traded out of the zoo' is popping up 100 times.. )

Edit: even with 'disable animal alerts' all the timeline notifications keep popping up

I'm all for that they introduce more options for the timeline, but I hope that they don't remove anything from it as all of it (exept the fighting, glad it's back as an alert!) is crucial for how I play the game. And the notification of animals beeing removed from the zoo is a great thing, as it makes it easier for me to see where in the timeline I am (I use it as timestamps when navigating the timeline, so after a few births and adult animals I usually release an animal and then I know that I don't have to look at events that happened before the release of that animal)

Hey guys, thanks for the update as always. I've noticed that there are some changes with the compatibility of enrichment items, so i'm asking if it's possible to add the natural termite mound to the aardvark habitat items. It would be perfect. Thanks again

Just found a bug in the notification timeline. It seems to only happen to animals affected with the change to fight alerts (had it happen for aardvarks, snowleopards and lions so far). When an animal becomes an adult and you click on the event in the timeline, it should take you to that animal. But for these animals it seems to have broken. I had for example three lions grow up. When I clicked on the first one in the timeline, nothing happened. When I clicked on the second, it took me to the third. And when I clicked on the third, it took me to one of my bongos -.-

Another thing that I'm just curious to. It seems like all animals have gotten a little brown ring around their age notifier (the ring that shows if it's juvenile, adult or aged). Does this ring do anything or is it just a cosmetic update?

Another thing I just noticed. The change to the tradecentre is pretty nice, that all animals are shown on a single page. This does however seem to cause extreme lag in the tradecentre if you have lots of animals in it. If I load the tradecentre with only one species shown, it works fine, but when I select all of the species I have there (a few hundred animals right now, since I'm working on alot of projects this week), it causes it to freeze for about 3-5min when loading :(

Last edited:
Things not fixed yet after the latest updat that i hope gets fixed in the next patch, im sure there is many many more things not fixed but these are just some of the bugs I noticed still there.

Guests Spawning at Entrances instead of only at the spawn location

Large Food Cages like those the Giraffes use do not get filled with food

Shops showing wrong training level

Short freezes but no FPS drops

Animals escaping by using enrichtment boxes, was reported for just monkeys but can confirm its the same problem for other animals using those boxes close to fenced and barriers.

lag closing screens

Audio Guides not being sold if you set the option "Maximize Guest Education and Hold it there" to on

Not mentioned in the update notes but the bug with Ambience Speaker 2 not being able to recolor it has finally been fixed so Thank you Frontier as it was a bug since launch.

Last edited:
I'm all for that they introduce more options for the timeline, but I hope that they don't remove anything from it as all of it (exept the fighting, glad it's back as an alert!) is crucial for how I play the game. And the notification of animals beeing removed from the zoo is a great thing, as it makes it easier for me to see where in the timeline I am (I use it as timestamps when navigating the timeline, so after a few births and adult animals I usually release an animal and then I know that I don't have to look at events that happened before the release of that animal)
I agree that it should be an option to toggle individual notifications on or off :)

New bug as of this update, Animals like the lemurs have a climbing down bug, when they climb down a log it gets a weird animaltion and they slide sideways and if they are close to a wall they get through them and escape. see screenshot and ticket.

climbing bug.png

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
well not really as I just checked. See attached screenshot, after the patch that came with South America all previously created waterfalls were moved up for some reason as reported by multiple people. For some it was fixed but not for every creation for some odd reason. But thanks for the ones that were fixed
Hey @FunGaming, we are unable to reproduce this issue that you've screenshot. Without any reports since 1.2.4 to give us some more information, we can't look into it further. Feel free to send us this save file. What item(s) have you used here? If we get more Issue Tracker reports from more players, we'll be able to look into this. For now, I'd recommend moving the VFX item down to where you'd like it (after sending us your save file).

Thank you so much for the update. Hopefully the male lion model gets addressed in a future update.
@Murray, the team currently have no intention to change the Lion model.

Hey guys, thanks for the update as always. I've noticed that there are some changes with the compatibility of enrichment items, so i'm asking if it's possible to add the natural termite mound to the aardvark habitat items. It would be perfect. Thanks again
Hayo @Antmar97, the team are currently looking into adding the natural termite mound to the Aardvark habitat items, and I'm pleased to say we're working to do this in a future update.

Just found a bug in the notification timeline. It seems to only happen to animals affected with the change to fight alerts (had it happen for aardvarks, snowleopards and lions so far). When an animal becomes an adult and you click on the event in the timeline, it should take you to that animal. But for these animals it seems to have broken. I had for example three lions grow up. When I clicked on the first one in the timeline, nothing happened. When I clicked on the second, it took me to the third. And when I clicked on the third, it took me to one of my bongos -.-

Another thing that I'm just curious to. It seems like all animals have gotten a little brown ring around their age notifier (the ring that shows if it's juvenile, adult or aged). Does this ring do anything or is it just a cosmetic update?

Another thing I just noticed. The change to the tradecentre is pretty nice, that all animals are shown on a single page. This does however seem to cause extreme lag in the tradecentre if you have lots of animals in it. If I load the tradecentre with only one species shown, it works fine, but when I select all of the species I have there (a few hundred animals right now, since I'm working on alot of projects this week), it causes it to freeze for about 3-5min when loading :(
Hey @Arrakai, please make Issue Tracker reports for these two problems you've come across, and then post them in this thread so others can contribute if they're experiencing the same issue. We will begin looking into it asap, but the Issue Tracker reports and contributions will really help us out.

Minor bug / issue found. My climbing animals don't register the climable structures already placed and therefore get low welfare under the space category. It's an easy fix where I just have to select the climbing frames and edit them (without actually changing anything) and then they are calculated again if anyone is also experiencing this issue.

Minor bug / issue found. My climbing animals don't register the climable structures already placed and therefore get low welfare under the space category. It's an easy fix where I just have to select the climbing frames and edit them (without actually changing anything) and then they are calculated again if anyone is also experiencing this issue.
Having the same problem only it doesnt always gets fixed when doing this, hope they can fix this in the next update as in my one zoo the lemurs now dont go into their sleeping areas anymore

Hi ! Thanks for this amazing update ! I just noticed that the new fight alert, instead of bringing me to the fighting animals, brings me with a nice zoom... to the entrance of the habitat. The door is indeed beautiful, but I have a huge habitat for all compatible african animals, and it's hard to quickly find the fighting buffalos (and with 225 animals in my zoo, it is quite long to go look in the animal tab to know who is fighting who)

Edit : THANK YOU for the trade center ! To have all my animals on one page, not a single bug, each click correctly responded. I tried the market tab, and everything works fine, I tried a looot of animals, what I just did in less than 2mn would have take me one hour before. I am sooo happy, I won't fear the market anymore haha

Last edited:
That's good that the albinos can now be bred in Sandbox (I was planning on setting up a jaguar farm to try and get a melanistic one, so this makes it much more worth it).

I'm hoping an option still arrives in the future to make them more easily obtainable in Sandbox, too, though (or at the very least, the black jaguar ought to appear far more frequently than any of the other mutations).

That's good that the albinos can now be bred in Sandbox (I was planning on setting up a jaguar farm to try and get a melanistic one, so this makes it much more worth it).

I'm hoping an option still arrives in the future to make them more easily obtainable in Sandbox, too, though (or at the very least, the black jaguar ought to appear far more frequently than any of the other mutations).
I agree, would be nice if in samdbox we could have an option to turn a selected animal into an Albino and vice versa. Just like it would be nice if in animal trading we could just refresh the list without having to adopt an animal first so we can get the animal we want, because lets be real sandbox is for all of us that wants to play the way we want without many restrictions so the more options the better

I agree, would be nice if in samdbox we could have an option to turn a selected animal into an Albino and vice versa. Just like it would be nice if in animal trading we could just refresh the list without having to adopt an animal first so we can get the animal we want, because lets be real sandbox is for all of us that wants to play the way we want without many restrictions so the more options the better

Yes, the refresh button problem is one that has been raised many times without much in the way of response. I wonder if this is something that even can be changed, given that the sandbox market isn't updated in real-time like the Franchise market. I think if they could make it so the refresh button just completely refreshes the list upon clicking, it would be a huge step forward for sandbox players.

That brings up another point, actually - I haven't experienced this myself because prior to the jaguar I never paid much mind to albino animals, but I believe others were reporting that animal pictures in the sandbox market don't show albinos even if the animal is an albino. All I can report on this is that many, many updates ago I found an albino boa constrictor sitting in the market, but I've seen nothing like it since.

Top Bottom