Update 1.2.4 out now!

does anyone miss the button that is here in the sandbox in FRANCHISE mode?
3.jpg

Thanks for the update! I'm unfortunately noticing a new bug since updating. I made new work zones, and assigned staff to them accordingly, but now my Keepers won't attend the habitats. I had a notification for hungry flamingos, so I called a keeper to the habitat. The keeper just walked around and said the animal wasn't hungry. This is my first time experiencing this particular bug.

I tried assigning a different keeper, but nothing worked. Going to try deleting all work zones, and removing/replacing the feeding stations to see if it helps.

EDIT: It was the work zones. I deleted them all and the issue went away. Now the issue is that I can't create work zones for each habitat because the keepers can no longer access them once the habitat is in a work zone. Vendors seem to be unaffected.

Last edited:
EDIT: It was the work zones. I deleted them all and the issue went away. Now the issue is that I can't create work zones for each habitat because the keepers can no longer access them once the habitat is in a work zone. Vendors seem to be unaffected.

Have you re-assigned the keepers to the new workzones?

Have you re-assigned the keepers to the new workzones?

I did try that before deleting the work zones, but not since. I'm going to try making completely new work zones to see if it works.

EDIT: Recreating the work zones, then reassigning the staff worked great!

Last edited:
Food grade now shows incorrectly for all animals.
When grade 2 is selected it shows as "grade 3" in the drop down list.

I just noticed in a Career mode zoo that the grades are reversed, i.e. grade 3 shows at the top, then 2 and 1 is at the bottom of the list. And my elephant had 50% only for his food quality, although grade 3 was shown as selected. Maybe the grades got mixed up, and my grade 3 is actually grade 1.

I did try that before deleting the work zones, but not since. I'm going to try making completely new work zones to see if it works.

EDIT: Recreating the work zones, then reassigning the staff worked great!

It wasn't the work zones after all. It was totally my fault, I had the keepers actions set up a certain way, and it got out of whack when I reassigned keepers. 🤦‍♂️

With each update Planet Zoo just gets better😄

Its really great the guests can now walk in with the llamas(y)
And I am really happy that the animal names are finally alphabetical sorted in franchise aswell🥰

And I am really happy that the animal names are finally alphabetical sorted in franchise aswell

Was mainly the reason why I switched from Dutch to English, on the first or second day after release.
Not switchin back, but glad they updated this.

This happened already in aprevious update, but thank you so much for adding the highlight feature to the enrichment items to make them easier to find!!!

I've had a few issues since this update I play sandbox and my zoo is so laggy. I've had my capuchin monkeys just walk through glass barriers. But the lag and crashing to desktop is becoming awful. I have used the issue tracker but I came back to playing during the lockdown after a break because of the refunds issue. Now i'm playing scared to do to much without saving in case it freezes and crashes to desktop.

We're working on 1.2.5 now, and we're aiming to have it out within the next few weeks. We'll be able to share more info on it, such as a smaller timeframe, closer to the time.

Is there any chance it will address the hitbox/traversable terrain issue or at least that the team's looking into that as well? It reduces the habitat space by a whole lot and prevents animals from reaching places they should have no problems accessing, and that in turn takes away the fun in playing and designing beautiful habitats for me and quite a few others. I know there's already a topic for that here but we didn't get a response there so far, though it'd be greatly appreciated, so I thought I'd ask here :)

Top Bottom