Update 1.2.4 out now!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

Update 1.2.4 is now available to download! Thanks to all the community who made Issue Tracker reports and sent in their save files; this update contains a range of fixes for bugs that were reported to us directly. Please continue to use the Issue Tracker for any bugs you come across, and make sure you read the Issue Tracker FAQ to understand how you can benefit from it best. Without further ado, here's the Update Notes for Update 1.2.4:

Planet Zoo - 1.2.4 Update Notes
  • Animals
    • Loading older saves with invalidated habitat navigation is now handled in the loading screen instead of compiling it in-game; a loading screen tip has been added to notify you when this is happening. It alerts you to save afterwards so the rebuild doesn't need to take place again. Animals get boxed and reopened at the habitat gate if navigation is regenerated.
    • Updated fight notifications:
      • Animals that are likely to injure each other are now back in the animal alerts, and marked as 'Dangerous Fights'. Moving some alerts to the timeline is intended to be more forgiving to deliberately non-perfect social setups, such as Reindeer fighting for mates.
      • Fixed a bug that caused each fight to be reported twice in the timeline.
      • To make the timeline easier to browse, older matching fight notifications are automatically removed; only the most recent and relevant one remains.
    • Albino genetics are now inherited in sandbox (or any non-franchise mode)
    • Drinking station access improved for animals.
    • Guests can now walk through Llama habitats.
    • Food quality options are now always correct for species in mixed habitats with different levels of research.
    • Komodo Dragons can now physically interact with Large Ball or Large Snow Ball again.
    • Giant Anteaters now physically interact with the Rubbing Pad enrichment item.
    • Fixed an animal data issue that could cause significant consequences:
      • Fixed an issue where a small number of animals were sized either extremely large or small in Franchise mode.
      • Fixed an issue where juveniles could be born with injuries in Franchise mode.
    • Fixed an issue that lead to the Saltwater Crocodile defecating incorrectly.
    • Giant Anteater will now attack the habitat barriers.
    • Improved Giant Anteater juvenile's neck movement when eating.
    • Improved Jaguar juvenile interacting animations with the Scratching Post.
    • Improved Jaguar juvenile interaction with the Rubbing Pad.
    • Fixed Giant Anteaters clipping when male and female fight.
    • Fixed juvenile Giant Anteater tongue flailing when returning to mouth after eating.
    • Fixed Jaguar male and female floating when sitting on top of the Rubbing Pad.
    • Fixed female Jaguar being offset when using the Rubbing Pad enrichment item.
    • Fixed juvenile Tiger and Bear animation issues which caused the animal to deform.
    • Fixed the Jaguar adult deforming when interacting with a Jaguar juvenile.
    • Fixed Bengal Tiger juvenile deforming when interacting with Cardboard Box or Gift Box enrichment items.
  • Scenery
    • Art improvements made to ivy assets.
    • Improved LODs on Black Spruce Tree 03.
    • Fixed waterfall particle effect emitting in the wrong direction.
    • Fixed an issue where the "Palm Thatch Roof Dormer Small would " would hover off the ground/structure when placed.
    • Fixed a number of art quality issues on the Palm Thatch Roof Set.
  • Staff
    • Fixed an issued where Staff sometimes become stuck when boxing animals and when entering Trade Centre.
  • Transport Rides
    • Fixed an issue where single station transport rides would have guests stuck on them.
    • Fixed Gondola removing snow and rain from below each carriage.
  • UI
    • Heaters, coolers and exhibit temperature modifier can now be displayed in Fahrenheit.
    • Plants with a correctly matching biome will no longer incorrectly show as incompatible on animal info pop-up.
    • Plants with incompatible biomes can now be removed all at once from the animal info pop-up, in line with incompatible continents.
  • General
    • Stability and Crash fixes.
    • Improvements to the crash reporter.
Make sure your game is up-to-date via Steam! Let us know if you have any feedback down below. :)

Thank you for this update! <3

I love the Llama and the ivy update :D

Edit: and it seems like the stutter is gone when moving the camera! thank you! 😄

Last edited:
Thx for the update and all the hard work! (Looling slightly forward to 1.3 ;) )

One question: "Albino genetics are now inherited in sandbox (or any non-franchise mode)" what does this mean for the sandbox gameplay in general? Does this increase the chance for albinos in sb?

Oh yeah, thank you! I haven't had time to play the past two weeks, but maybe I can squeeze in a session on the weekend. What sounds most amazing to me are the following things:

• Animals
    • Updated fight notifications:
      • Animals that are likely to injure each other are now back in the animal alerts, and marked as 'Dangerous Fights'. Moving some alerts to the timeline is intended to be more forgiving to deliberately non-perfect social setups, such as Reindeer fighting for mates.
      • To make the timeline easier to browse, older matching fight notifications are automatically removed; only the most recent and relevant one remains.
    • Albino genetics are now inherited in sandbox (or any non-franchise mode)
    • Guests can now walk through Llama habitats.
  • UI
    • Plants with a correctly matching biome will no longer incorrectly show as incompatible on animal info pop-up.
    • Plants with incompatible biomes can now be removed all at once from the animal info pop-up, in line with incompatible continents.

The change about the fight alert was really annoying, but this sounds like a very good solution.
Really cool that the guests can walk through the llama habitats now! Wouldn't it make sense to change the Giant Anteater to a non-walkthrough animal then? With it now attacking the barriers, this would sound even more logic to me.

Sounds like a really useful update, I'm curious to try it out! And I hope that for those players who had crashes and stuff, the issues are fixed of course :)

Nooow... back to work!

Fixed an issue where a small number of animals were sized either extremely large or small in Franchise mode.
So no giant pandas or tiny zebras anymore? Noooooooooooooo... 😭

Plants with a correctly matching biome will no longer incorrectly show as incompatible on animal info pop-up.
Does this apply to plants with more than one biome? For example I wanted to place a coconut tree in a habitat for a animal that lives in the tropic biome, but I got a warning because the plant also occurse in another biome (desert).

Thanks for the Update and the hard work. 🙂

Updated fight notifications:
Awesome, looks like a good update

Fixed an issue that lead to the Saltwater Crocodile defecating incorrectly.

Seen this issue many times, forgot about this one..

I realy love the update, but when will the notifications from the timeline be updated? You still recieve every second a notification, even though you turned the notifications off for some species in the timelinesettings (to test I turned them off for baird's tapirs and springboks, but still you recieve a notification for litterly every animal that is (about to) mature/expexting or having offspring etc.. or when I released like a moment ago almost 100 animals (due to the fighting bug I had lots of babybooms), the 'has been traded out of the zoo' is popping up 100 times.. )

Edit: even with 'disable animal alerts' all the timeline notifications keep popping up

Nice, now I don't miss those entertaining events:
7wdtCni.png

Thanks for the update, did this also fix the waterfalls made before the south america patch being too high all of a sudden, that we talked about here ?

Top Bottom