IMPORTANT: Update 1.6.2

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

We've updated Planet Coaster this morning to version 1.6.2!

This update features numerous fixes for UI issues, Scenery Piece issues, and more! The full details can be found below:

Staff, Guests and Facilities Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where some guests using hotels would leave needing the bathroom
  • Improved the thoughts for Hotels cleanliness
  • Improved guest thoughts for hotels
  • Fixed an issue where Mechanics could get stuck in a loop of changing tasks

Ride Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where moving the station for tracked rides would cause the cars to not disappear

UI Bug Fixes

• Improved localisation of items in the Studios Pack
  • Fixed an issue where statistics were missing from Transport Rides
  • Fixed an issue where the number of trains field was listed twice for some tracked rides
  • Fixed an issue where obtaining a third Hotel perk would rename other perks
  • Fixed an issue where the colours for triggerable flexicolour were in the wrong order
  • Fixed an issue where colour channels on the Brownstone Eave Corner Outer were not consistent with the rest of the set
  • General improvements to text for scenery items in the Studios Pack
  • Fixed an issue where the game camera could clip below the terrain

Scenery Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where animations where stunt people would not offset their animations on placement
  • Fixed placement and timing issues with the Alley Scene blueprint
  • Improved the animation for the Fairytale Fall 40m animations
  • Fixed an issue where items would not revert to their original colours if Activate on Trigger was disabled during a fade
  • Fixed an issue where the Small Truck Box Storage item was lit
  • Fixed an issue where the Tank Explode would not revert to its original colours
  • Fixed an issue where the Warehouse Door would not revert to its original colours
  • Fixed an issue where the Movie Camera Crane would continue to animate even if set to Activate On Trigger
  • Fixed an issue where some Stunt people animations would clip through their support poles
  • Fixed an issue with textures on Stunt people
  • Fixed an issue with texture seams on the Stuntman Business animatronics
  • Improved the texture that Stunt people appear from
  • Fixed an issue where the Dive animations on Stunt people were incorrectly named
  • Fixed an issue where the Helicopter Rotors were missing geometry
  • Improved culling volumes on Studios Pack assets
  • Improved occlusion in the mouths of the Shark animatronics
  • Fixed an issue with missing geometry on some Stunt people
  • Fixed an issue where lights on Studios Pack cars were not correctly placed
  • Improved the textures on all effects nozzles
  • Improved the naming of Studios Pack special effects
  • Improved the text for Stucco Rounded pieces
  • Fixed an issue where Window smash assets would not loop properly
  • Improved the icons for Glass Window scenery items
  • Improved the LODs on Brownstone Trim pieces
  • Improved snapping points for the Street Light Arm
  • Improved the ability to select Electricity Arc special effects in the Studios Pack
  • Fixed an issue where the Box Truck Chassis was missing lights
  • Fixed an issue where the Studios Pack Train had no lights
  • Improved snapping points for the Train Tracks
  • Fixed an issue where the Clapper Board textures did not line up
  • Fixed an issue where Car animatronics were missing geometry
  • Improved snapping points for the Fire Truck
  • Improved snapping points on the Stucco Rounded Pillar Thin set
  • Fixed an issue where Fairytale Fall 40m and Fairytale Fall 8m were missing audio
  • Fixed an issue where the Stuntwoman Western Fall 8m did not have any audio

General Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where terrain shadows were appearing completely black
  • General stability fixes and improvements

What about the Hyperspin Flat Ride not opening after testing it? Will that ever get fixed? I reported it as a bug.

Nope, i just checked and unfortunatly not. Hopefully it will be fixed in a next update.

They are aware of the issue right? They have to be right? Please let the delay on this be because they're moving into a new office and they just need to hook up their computers before they get back to work on fixing this stuff...

Last edited:
Thank you for the update and the listing of what's been fixed! Good work!

The white parts, I am sure they are aware of it. Maybe it is harder/more time consuming to fix.

• Fixed an issue where terrain shadows were appearing completely black

Awesome. Those black shadows were creeping me out, I'm glad they're gone! That's a relief.

I hope the iron chimney and other few pieces that have turned white will get some attention next update.

Awesome. Those black shadows were creeping me out, I'm glad they're gone! That's a relief.

I hope the iron chimney and other few pieces that have turned white will get some attention next update.

And also no mention of the autosave problem either being fixed. So if your game crashes from the advanced move issue.. And the autosave didnt kick in for the last three hours you lose all your work. Its sad that ai have to make a timer on my tablet every 15mins to manually save just in case the game doesnt

Fixed an issue where terrain shadows were appearing completely black

Yep -- one of the two issue making the game outright unplayable for me since they were introduced in the 1.6.0 update has now been fixed, thanks Frontier. The other one hasn't, nor the ones making it unpleasant enough not to bother. [rolleyes]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
They are aware of the issue right? They have to be right? Please let the delay on this be because they're moving into a new office and they just need to hook up their computers before they get back to work on fixing this stuff...

They are aware, It has been acknowledged by Frontier in the bug forums [wink]

they've known about the same issue with other items in the game for over a year now and not bothered to fix those.. However thats two patches in about .. what.. 3-4 weeks.. so that's decent. better than 4 months. I can't help but notice all the patch notes seem to be things with Studio. Which makes me think that the DLC was rushed for sure. Not many mentions.. if any of issues fixed that have been in teh game for even longer. Like sound triggers, the auto save not working as it should, and of course the white colors on scenery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom