IMPORTANT: Update 1.6.2

Because the same issues exist unfixed in the same places. [rolleyes]

It's a thread to report what HAS been fixed, not what hasn't. To make it seem like they're just ignoring the other issues as they're not included in this patch is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's a thread to report what HAS been fixed, not what hasn't. To make it seem like they're just ignoring the other issues as they're not included in this patch is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous to ignore obvious errors that have been reported several times.

Last edited:
I think any place where we can get them to pay attention to what the players needs are where they will actually take notice and read and realize the problem is a good thing. If that means posting it here. then yes.. we are going to post here. What we don't need is someone telling us we should be praising them instead. If you want to be all happy and cheerful about it than you can be. But some of us are not.. and no matter how many times you and other cheerleaders, try to tell us we should be quiet, is just making things worse. We are allowed our opinion. Us saying what we have to say is JUST as important as you saying YAY! Frontier Great Job! I would actually say pointing out the flaws is MORE important. DO they deserve a pat on the back.. sure.. why not this time. More so than the last patch. and as I said.. at least we got two updates in about 3 weeks or so.. which is a much better improvement than getting a patch after 4 months of nothing. But.. still issues persist. We post them in the bug reports, and get generic cookie cutter replies that seem very robotic and copied and pasted. So we want to let it be known that its not good enough.

On the auto save feature not working, they first told me It was my computer because no one else was saying ti was an issue, even though I have found several instances of it being mentioned here on the forums and on steam, even though I had brought it up at least a few times before, and I also know others who have the same issue. After they basically said its not a problem its on my side, they then edited it and added that they can reproduce the problem.. thats great it only tooka year of telling them before they realize its an issue. Then there are other problems that have been around for a year as well. There are problems they said they fixed in 1.6 that were not... so its all Relative.

Again we have every right to say our opinion about the patch, without someone telling us we do not, or calling us whiners or anythign else that you or others say. You say you aren't surprised to see the same people complaining.. I say I'm not surprised of seeing the same people bringing it up that we are complaining to make it seem like we're wrong to not praise them for every little thing they do.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
It is ridiculous to ignore obvious errors that have been reported several times.

Bugs are usually fixed on a priority basis, depending on what other work needs doing, how long they would take to investigate and fix or how serious they are (e.g. how many users are prevented from using the software etc.) in my experience in development. Some bugs will stay at the bottom of the list for a while in any dev project, though of course customers talking about them often make them higher priority, but it isn't ignoring the bugs, just managing a project. A team only has a limited velocity to get work done.

Last edited:
Bugs are usually fixed on a priority basis, depending on what other work needs doing, how long they would take to investigate and fix or how serious they are (e.g. how many users are prevented from using the software etc.) in my experience in development. Some bugs will stay at the bottom of the list for a while in any dev project, though of course customers talking about them often make them higher priority, but it isn't ignoring the bugs, just managing a project. A team only has a limited velocity to get work done.

Ok.. so then by this statement its actually mismanagement on the devs behalf then since they priortized fixing the names of scenery pieces in 1.6.1 was obviously more important than fixing bugs that were more critical..

looking over most of the things in this patch... kinda the same thing. These don't seem any more important that gamebreaking things.

Of course.. you just basically formalized what I've been saying anyway.. mismanagement and mispriortizing.

With a look on the list of fixes, they have just fixed things from the last update. But once again they have removed textures from older objects (https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...neys-now-white?p=229436&viewfull=1#post229436) . This is in my opinion not okay. When they fixed something, then they should not create other problems.

BTW: Dear Devs ... have you ever checked the Shared Textures folders for the missing textures. I knew we had several problems partely with the RCT3 object editor, when shared textures are used. Maybe that helps.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Ok.. so then by this statement its actually mismanagement on the devs behalf then since they priortized fixing the names of scenery pieces in 1.6.1 was obviously more important than fixing bugs that were more critical..

looking over most of the things in this patch... kinda the same thing. These don't seem any more important that gamebreaking things.

Of course.. you just basically formalized what I've been saying anyway.. mismanagement and mispriortizing.

Devs generally don't prioritse the bugs in Agile project management. A product owner does that, (which would be a business person or person(s) in the business who make the decisions, based on various factors. Bugs are usually given a low, medium or high (or critical) scoring and decided their place in the backlog of tasks. Each sprint planning session or backlog grooming they would be reordered based on the current priorities. On my dev team, this is done once a week. In sprint planning devs would take part in assigning a story point (usually using the fibonacci sequence, but it is important that these do not represent hours) in how long it might take to complete the task to be ready for release. Often the product owner(s) will change priority based on this scoring too. I can't 100% be sure that Frontier do Agile, though I know the word sprint has been mentioned in a stream, and it is the most effective project management methodolgy for software development, (it is probably likely) though they may implement it a bit differently for their needs. [happy]

Last edited:

I'm sceptical of most Agile processes. Not only do they not confirm with the original agile concept, but they can interfere with creative people getting in the zone and using their own intuition and steam to make decisions. You need to let people go "rogue" in a sense for the genius stuff to emerge, otherwise you're working in a factory production line. Quite a cynical thing to say, sure, but I've seen it first hand.... over-processed work environments serving the wrong needs.

One place I worked at allowed "one day" a month for developers to work on anything they wanted, and they considered that generous! The "anything" still needed to be stuff for the business. The rest of the time, project managers would fire off emails every 10 minutes virtually, or drop by dev desks asking for updates even though we had a meeting 10 minutes ago. Now I'm sounding jaded, I'm sure Agile is like a fluffy white cloud of productivity in most places, just not the places I've worked [big grin]

I'm beginning to wonder if I am ever going to see any in game use of the picnic tables. Ever since they were added, my guests completely ignore them. Is this a common issue? Or are my peeps just seriously opposed to sitting down?

Thanks for another great update - the gameplay is smoother than ever, best game ever - although JWE looks brilliant as well - i think best two games ever might be in order. Thanks DEV teams for all of your hard work and bringing much enjoyment and stimulation into my life, G[big grin]

Interesting to see insight in how it works. It is quite different from indie developers I must say! Of course money must be had and control. (maybe a reason of why studios get fixed and not the basegame because studios = dlc?) indie do whatever they want. But less efficient and easier to get overwhelmed.

I hope some devs at frontier are given chance to be free sometimes to put love!

. . . When they fixed something, then they should not create other problems . . .
THIS! It's not quite one-step-forward-two-steps-back, but nearly every not-just-bugfixes update seems to break things! How are they ever going to clear the issues if they keep making more?

I'm sceptical of most Agile processes . . .
Also, we've been diverted from blaming the devs to blaming their bosses -- how much does it matter which department at Frontier is keeping the issues in the game we paid for (and paid, and paid, and paid) from being resolved? Okay, if it's not the devs fault, if it's Frontier's Powers That Be, then the devs have been unfairly maligned. Sorry. But if, for whatever reason, they're not gonna do it? The game should be opened so we can do it ourselves. RCT3P kept going for over a decade on community support.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if I am ever going to see any in game use of the picnic tables. Ever since they were added, my guests completely ignore them. Is this a common issue? Or are my peeps just seriously opposed to sitting down?

they sit at my tables.. but I have enver caught them eating there. I did find some leftovers on a table.. once... ONCE....

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I'm sceptical of most Agile processes. Not only do they not confirm with the original agile concept, but they can interfere with creative people getting in the zone and using their own intuition and steam to make decisions. You need to let people go "rogue" in a sense for the genius stuff to emerge, otherwise you're working in a factory production line. Quite a cynical thing to say, sure, but I've seen it first hand.... over-processed work environments serving the wrong needs.

One place I worked at allowed "one day" a month for developers to work on anything they wanted, and they considered that generous! The "anything" still needed to be stuff for the business. The rest of the time, project managers would fire off emails every 10 minutes virtually, or drop by dev desks asking for updates even though we had a meeting 10 minutes ago. Now I'm sounding jaded, I'm sure Agile is like a fluffy white cloud of productivity in most places, just not the places I've worked [big grin]

It depends I guess. I prefer it to waterfall for sure, or no project management at all!

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Interesting to see insight in how it works. It is quite different from indie developers I must say! Of course money must be had and control. (maybe a reason of why studios get fixed and not the basegame because studios = dlc?) indie do whatever they want. But less efficient and easier to get overwhelmed.

I hope some devs at frontier are given chance to be free sometimes to put love!

I would think Indie were more likely to use something like Agile than a big corperation. It is more flexible that traditional methods, and allows everyone the oportunity to speak, but of course there are still decision makers.

Last edited:

they sit at my tables.. but I have enver caught them eating there. I did find some leftovers on a table.. once... ONCE....

I have multiple instances of peeps sitting and eating. I think that the tables have to have a certain range from the food or drink stall in order for the peeps to "see" them. I have ten tables near a stand, but only a couple of them are used, the ones closest to the booths. They usually do not sit for very long, but they do sit. They also throw away their trash if a can is nearby. I deleted the can, and they left a mess on the table. I think they operate on proximity control for lesser needs, but they seem to have a map built in when they enter the park, so they know where all the attractions and stalls are, but not lower level things like tables and trash cans. I think!!! [happy]

Last edited:
I would think Indie were more likely to use something like Agile than a big corperation. It is more flexible that traditional methods, and allows everyone the oportunity to speak, but of course there are still decision makers.

Right, but I was more thinking of the tiny 1-3 people group. :) Hobbyist and starting indies.

But nevermind. It is their thing to do as they want with their company. We can just ask and hope for what we want.

Probably not the thread for this I know but since the update has anyone else had rides completely ignoring dispatch delays during testing and just leaving when restraints are down? I can't tell if this is a bug or in fact a thing now. :L

How to get in touch with Planet Coaster???

How do you get in touch with the planet coaster if you have any questions???

I have had some questions that I have long wanted to ask, but I've never got through it because I have not had this opportunity.

Is there anyone who can help me with some questions

Sincerely Jammin16.

:pc::blue:

Probably not the thread for this I know but since the update has anyone else had rides completely ignoring dispatch delays during testing and just leaving when restraints are down? I can't tell if this is a bug or in fact a thing now. :L

That's happened since 1.4. I reported it but it's still there.

Top Bottom