Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

OK, so in a pretty "mission critical" environment, where people's live may be endangered if you mess up?
Top dog, your boss!

If a game isn't 'bug free' nobody is likely to be killed because of it (apart from the odd person who may expire due to apoplexy, of course, as they have lost any perspective over what is important) but a bug or two may be inconvenient in meaning a work around has to be found, or a feature ignored until it is fixed. No big deal, really!

EDO has had issues since launch, it isn't likely to recover in the forseeable future going by the new issues introduced with each fix. But, it isn't important, it is just an expansion to a piece of entertainment software. If Frontier really cannot get it working as intended, it should be removed form the game and purchasers refunded, but, sadly, that is unlikely to occur.
IMO you're missing what's Ethic, and also what i meant when i said "I may understand that EDO got F.U.B.A.R.", but this could be my fault: my english is self-taught, i know it is bad, and this (i mean, my bad english) is the reason i won't go further in this argument.

Last edited:
I also wish that my favorite game of many years still finishes. I'm just wondering what I can realistically expect. There are always only costs that arise for further work on the DLC. If sales don't go up, there will probably be decisions we don't like at some point.
I hope things are still going in the right direction.

IMO you're missing what's Ethic, and also what i meant when i said "I may understand that EDO got ", but this could be my fault: my english is self-taught, i know it is bad, and this (i mean, my bad english) is the reason i won't go further in this argument.
Your english is perfectly understandable, well done for making the effort to learn it, there are many native speakers who produce less understandable comments.

I am not being disrespectful, comparing a piece of entertainment software to 'serious' software is not a fair comparison - which is the point I was making - the gaming industry is founded on lies and deception, some studios are less underhand, but none produce a perfect product, and the GAAS MMO model is particularly vulnerable to buggy updates, owing to the nature of the software, EDO has been broken since release, it is improving, but very slowly, and further errors introduced and needing to be addressed along with the fixes.

Like many before me I would like to bring up the idea of a public test server, where every patch is tested before the release on the live servers. Also, Fdev could put their WiP patches on there after every workday, just to see if what they worked on has the desired effect (performance boost) on the different hardware of the players.

Something is still wrong with the engine, preventing a lot of people from smooth gameplay and I think it would help if there would be faster more agile iterations to find the root cause.

If one approach (f.ex. shadow optimisation) isn't cutting it and a lot of players still report bad framerates on the test server, they could switch to the next possible issue, instead of spending a whole patch cycle on a possibly non-substantial fix. Continue this until you find the shader/particle that causes the bad performance. After that I would fix all the other minor performance issues.

But I don't think everyone was aware at the time that the productive environment would be used as a test environment.
If anything that's an argument for less frequent releases.

If every time Frontier do a release, something important and apparently unrelated gets broken, and then needs hotfixing a few days later ... we get far more days of "approximately working" gameplay if there's only a release every six weeks.

If they released something each week we'd probably spend over half our time saying "hey, why can I only plot routes to systems beginning with a vowel?"

Nice more fixes \o/

@Sally i have a question just for my information :LOL:
Is there any information about the Shop Issue with the fleet carriers livery? (the problem that once you changed the livery you are doomed to not go back to the Base layout if you want)
I hoped for a fix this patch because the support told me they hoped to fix it soon, or is it on hold because of other priorities? :unsure:

Glad to see we're already on to the Patch 11 hype train.

So are we skipping the 10.1 "Why can I not scoop?" train completely? 🤔 tell us oh wise watcher of tubes!
I just wished I could just actually not have Ody insta ctd the moment it shows me the main menu -.-
And then scoop some blood out of omnipol agent's thr- gEt OfF mE nO i WoN'T tAkE tHe PiLls!!

Top Bottom