Update 12 graphics

Also.
Interact, Reload and Select tool mode no longer work with the keybinds used on my Xbox Controller (PC).
They work on Keyboard but not the controller, does anyone else have this issue.

(Sorry Flimley Old boi... ive hijacked your thread) :cool:
yes this is a known issue (even stated at the bottom of the patch notes), the X button does not work yet.

Hmm... at least my orbit lines seemed to look somewhat better... referring to the messy behaviour before (AMD card...)
But there are still AA issues with them and they still vanish when you get them to be aligned with the "horizon" 🤷‍♂️

Oh and the icons on the station terminals don't look like 1980s Defender ships any more when you first approach them 👍

My commander looks smoother in the thumbnail now.. no hair or eyebrows...
(even a different face..) :(
Don't remind me...
download (3).jpg

Do the graphics look smoother to anyone today?
Note in particular the centre HUD display. I'm sure that was more blocky before.

Flimley
I was able to turn up the FSR to quality while getting better / solid 60 FPS which made everything noticeably better.

But the lighting/shadows has also improved and are no longer distractingly glitchy all the time which improves the overall look and feel of the game a lot.

Note in particular the centre HUD display. I'm sure that was more blocky before.

Flimley
As there were graphic bugs at the station, they remained :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_0002.jpg
    Screenshot_0002.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 92
Performance is so far about the same for me but I've noticed some nasty micro stuttering that wasn't there before (or at least not as pronounced). Seems to happen on scene changes (entering/exiting SC, disembarking, leaving the lift, etc.).
The eyebrows thing I find quite hilarious tbh, my CMDRs profile smug shot looks even more tortured then before. But the upshot is that I've seen EDO cap out at the 144 fps limit for the first time - during the fade-to-black disembark transition 😂

Anyone remember Bespin, the city in the clouds ? Looks like I happened to stumble over it... :cool:

20220609200136_1.jpg

Watch the height indicator...

20220609200427_1.jpg

Shadows below the buildings included...

The "surface" port itself felt pretty normal though.

Btw all gone after a relog...

An odd but funny experience but on the other hand this form of misalignement of a whole surface port shouldn't happen imho...

Flimley

Not even a little bit. Was running full Ultra at 144fps and now I'm poking along at ~10fps with crap AA

EDIT: Problem only exists running in Borderless display mode. Runs fine in Fullscreen. Notable that the problem exists without regard to quality settings (e.g. Low / Ultra).

Last edited:

Flimley
I haven't noticed any difference in the HUD, it's always seemed Ok to me (playing in VR).

But it occurs to me that approaching planets now I am getting a poor experience, very blocky, popping into 'better' focus multiple times as I get closer, and only becoming clear when I'm really quite close - as in after orbital cruise and glide. And now I'm wondering whether it's always been this poor, or whether it's only started to happen recently... Not like my eyesight is the greatest anyway, or my memory for that matter... 😝

Top Bottom