Update 15.01 Release Imminent

WAAAAAYY too fast !!! (n) Ridiculous !!! :mad:

600m/s at worst case scenario.

With 800m/s only racing ships can outrun them. And nobody is going to use racing ships to do any type of AX mission !!
My courier is not a racing ship, it is armed, yes its untested against Glaives, but took it to a Haz Rez and it performs very well. It runs at the hard coded limit for courier.

My courier is not a racing ship, it is armed, yes its untested against Glaives, but took it to a Haz Rez and it performs very well. It runs at the hard coded limit for courier.
So strong shield, but paper-thin Imperial Courrier with guns? Are you sure that taking that ship, to test it against Glaives, is a good idea?

Just now I completed some experiments about Glaive - I jumped around in Dolphin (580 m/s boost) and was hyperdicted by Glaive, of course he was faster, I turned back and boosted to pass nearby him, but then he used lightning attack, my FSD disabled, and then I turned again, boost, heatsink, and finally I jumped away with 78% hull. Then I tried iCourier (780 m/s boost) and jumped around only to thargoid controlled systems, and after 4 - 5 jumps it was Glaive again, and still he was faster! I was able to jump away with same tactics, and then I changed loadout (unfortunately I removed planetary vehicle hangar which I need for restoration missions) to reach 848 m/s boost, and this is faster then Glaive! So his speed must be 800 - 820 m/s. Maybe this numbers are already known, I don't know.
Well, that’s just ridiculous … the speed required to escape from an AX hyper/interdiction just went from circa -500m/s to 850m/s? There are VERY few ships that would be capable of that, especially if kitted out for actual use for, I dunno, running an AX CZ …

I’m genuinely confused with the direction FDev are taking … I had thought with the “Thargoid War” becoming the main narrative, the approach would be to make AX combat more accessible in order to get more CMDRs involved and hence allowing humanity, ultimately, to win - or at least push back the Thargoid advance.

But now it seems the aim is to make it both harder and more complicated with these new super fast Thargoids, complex mechanics and more and more modules involved.

Looks like I may be sitting this one out for a bit - not sure I’m up for risking a rebuy just to get to the place where I would normally risk a rebuy …

Last edited:
So strong shield, but paper-thin Imperial Courrier with guns? Are you sure that taking that ship, to test it against Glaives, is a good idea?
No, it has about 1- 1.5k armour, not a lot, but more than you might think. It is an experiment for certain, and has been 98% min maxed. The ship that should do better with the best turn rate (not top speed) in game is the Vulture. However RL has prevented me from building one yet.
The main goal was to experiment with off beat builds concentrating on speed and manoeuvrability. The other ship on the manoeuvrability front is actually the Asp Scout lol.

No, it has about 1- 1.5k armour, not a lot, but more than you might think. It is an experiment for certain, and has been 98% min maxed. The ship that should do better with the best turn rate (not top speed) in game is the Vulture. However RL has prevented me from building one yet.
The main goal was to experiment with off beat builds concentrating on speed and manoeuvrability. The other ship on the manoeuvrability front is actually the Asp Scout lol.
I see. Experiment away, then!! (y)

At the end, there's no need to outrun Glaive. I just tried to jump around in shieldless Krait, which is fast enough to escape from bigger interceptors and strong enough to kill Glaive, even two of them, without problems, with 5 gimballed enhanced AX MCs. Caustic sink launcher is required. Point defence can help a little bit, but not a lot. There are other mid-sized
ships which can do the same - Chieftain, Phantom, Mamba, FdL.
Our small ships can outrun Glaive but to reach this speed >800 m/s you must sacrifice something, and then this ship is not good for anything but speed.

At the end, there's no need to outrun Glaive. I just tried to jump around in shieldless Krait, which is fast enough to escape from bigger interceptors and strong enough to kill Glaive, even two of them, without problems, with 5 gimballed enhanced AX MCs. Caustic sink launcher is required. Point defence can help a little bit, but not a lot. There are other mid-sized
ships which can do the same - Chieftain, Phantom, Mamba, FdL.
Our small ships can outrun Glaive but to reach this speed >800 m/s you must sacrifice something, and then this ship is not good for anything but speed.
Yeh - the issue is that to kill a Glaive you need non-Guardian weapons … but if you’re headed to an AX CZ to take out Interceptors …

Yeh - the issue is that to kill a Glaive you need non-Guardian weapons … but if you’re headed to an AX CZ to take out Interceptors …
this might be the attempt to get people off meta builds. I have been running a mixed Mk.II build very sucessfully - It brings two large MCs along with two gauss cannons; in a planetary CZ without swarms, it shreds Cyclopses, and I can deal very well with Basilisks. The MCs do a sufficiently good job dealing with Glaives, and the build does not rely exclusively on guardian weapons.

That's PITA, you're right! Now we must wait for "Ax Ship Stabiliser" which will allow us to control our ships during interdiction, and to evade it. Or even better - "Ax Shield Generator" which will stop all this damage to guardian tech.
Till then, FDev will successfully waste our time, as usual :)

in relation to the glaive's (which pay 4.5 mill each) I have been very successful using 5 class 2 modified shard cannons on a krait, glave explodes with one or maybe two 5 round mags at the most. their annoying and not as profitable as the cyclops (6.5 mill) or the bassi's (20 mill). last night defending a planetary we (3 in team) made some serious $$. didn't have an issue with them shutting us down.

Attachments

• 5-18-23.png
    5-18-23.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
in relation to the glaive's (which pay 4.5 mill each) I have been very successful using 5 class 2 modified shard cannons on a krait, glave explodes with one or maybe two 5 round mags at the most. their annoying and not as profitable as the cyclops (6.5 mill) or the bassi's (20 mill). last night defending a planetary we (3 in team) made some serious $$. didn't have an issue with them shutting us down.
Nice - I need to get me an AX Team!

As was mentioned before by MVBanks, if we go faster we'll need to sacrifice the build and it won't do anything else AX related, but escape.

I was being a bit sarcastic. I have great doubt that it will serve for anything other than running...
Maybe, who knows? My thoughts are that if Frontier are starting off an arms race with the Thargoid war that requires us to build faster ships, then perhaps we may be in store for some outfitting options that allow for both speed and strike capability, in the same way we now have the AX Stabilizer. If that were the case, then I would welcome it very much. o7

Update 15 has great new content but dont forget the already existing content.

New update and old, and sometimes maybe already fixed bugs are back again:

• Booking Apex shuttle over systemmap not working correct
  • Settlement missions show the mission icon on several locations and objects if you go out of terminal and in again
  • and I have still missions in settlements or on planets which have items but do not have the needed item I should look for. Relogin in game can help but und covert missions this is more than stupid.

Would feed the issuetracker (which I did several times) if I would have the hope that it will ever be noticed and fixed.
Lot of those issues are closed because they do not even get to confirmed status before beeing closed while time expired.

I know the focus is on bugs occuring with new content but there should be someone who also takes care about old ones.

One mission... three bugs... Not the gameplay that makes fun :-(

1. Apex shuttle: (Focus on sun if selected from right menu)
Select Apex taxi dropoff from left side.png

2. Terminals show mission icons in multiple locations:
Mission Icon Multiple 1.png

3. Locker without needed content: (Took all items in the locker...)
Steel Weapon Schematic Locker 5 not completed.png

@sallymorganmoore Do you tell me what we have to do to get this noticed by the devs?

As was mentioned before by MVBanks, if we go faster we'll need to sacrifice the build and it won't do anything else AX related, but escape.

I was being a bit sarcastic. I have great doubt that it will serve for anything other than running...
Or we can think out of the box. I am an engineer in game, with a few non standard ideas.
For example I theory crafted and built one of the first Shard Condas. I demonstrated the advantages of Guardian Hull and its capabilities to which some now realise help in many ways against Thargoids.

The biggest thing in game is the inability to build/engineer variants quickly to test. I have learnt that sometimes people build ships and they have unusual properties which frustrate meta ships, yep I got frustrated by one such build lol.

I have built a few other ships to experiment with extra properties be it speed/firepower or protection. Or just for the giggles.

An example of this is the forgotten double potential engineering of the small power play weapons.

So remember that some of the engineering is neglected because of the lack of transparency and also ignorance of what they might mean in new types of combat.

Although for some when I say I face hugged a Hydra with minimal damage by lightning means very little, the fact this test ship survived indicates some potential routes.

For a laugh I built a ship that took several minutes to kill when stationary by 14 members of our squadron by using some of the more unusual aspects of the engineering technology.

A long post to ask why are you are being sarcastic 😆 lol. I wish we all could experiment more tbh.

Top Bottom