Update 17 Release Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just checked and all my 2e/3c racks are working fine on my anti-Orthrus Cutter. Just adding info. Thanks
I think it affects different missile types differently on other ships, but the effect is the same missiles stop working after a few shots. I am experiencing it on my Anaconda with 6 AX Enhanced Missile Racks 4x 3C and 2 x 2E, the last 2 the 2E Missile racks stop firing after a few shots typically 4
and nothing except a relog gets them going again at which point they stop after 4 shots again

here is the issue tracker with the various effects on other ships

It shouldn't surprise anyone with user support experience that most people don't use things like the issue tracker, even if they complain in public. And I understand that this circumstance is very demotivating to write anything in the issue tracker at all, I've seen this effect already in corporate environments.
Even for very easily reproducible issues there would have to be regular advertising, which rarely happens here in the forum, on reddit or wherever. After all not everyone reads everywhere, so where to announce an issue to voters?
But as we're talking about such things here, here are two issues as examples that are easy to reproduce within minutes and still need confirmation:
Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the idea of confirming an issue on basis of user votes. But I don't think that a quick and easy reproducible issue needs to be confirmed by players. This unnecessarily leaves players alone with obvious bugs for a too long time.

Here are other examples of annoying but not that easy to reproduce issues (especially the second one):

@sallymorganmoore : Maybe it would be possible to pre-test issues @FDev? That would need a person with skills just to play the game.
The task would be something like try to confirm a new issue for not more than five minutes and if it's not confirmable within this time, leave the confirmation to the issue tracker.
There are by far not enough issues that would make an full-time job out of this! ;)
I have 1 serious issue with issue tracker, tho.
Vote limit.
If I can vote at onl 6 bugs at once, and I see 10/20 good reports... 🤷‍♂️

Indeed, I shouldnt vote for broken carrier transfer or for returning to mission board after taking 1 mission, if I'm in deep space with only ship for month /s
And when I think about that.
Broken cargo transfer.
Broken buying stuff from carrier (you have to reopen market)
Mission board issue
Allied NPCs started randomly shoot at you
NPC wingmates don't attack you, if you attacked one of them
2 old issues, and 3 new, U17 issues
Some people also reported missiles, which not reload and weird NPC crew behaviour, so if this 2 are true you can easily encounter more than 6 bugs, simply by doing mission :D

Oh, and I forgot about one of my favourite bugs, which is so old, that I don't remember, when it appeared-when I take missions against some high rank pirates (usually condas and vettes) if they have plasmas they shoot with ONLY plasmas untill first hit. So if you can evade plasmas you can basically kill "deadly" pirate in vette without taking single damage.

Last edited:
My guess of fixes will include:
  1. NPC ships firing their weapons while scanning you
  2. Othruses warping in at spires not triggering their anti guardian field when under attack
  3. Issue with transferring cargo from ship to FC
  4. Crossfire FAS paintjobs

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Closed as update 17.01 has been initiated.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom