Patch Notes Update Update 2.1.03 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks FD I know you guys are working hard to get it right, keep up the good work,
Any status on the questions around storage for modules and Cargo?
And any changes coming to the RNG for engineers?

Last edited:
Some great fixes. just need 1 more modular thingy and i'm good to go

doom monger hat on...
We better not lose a reputation level for every enhancement we want...
doom monger hat off

- Main game power distributors were too good on eng/sys across the board and have been brought back to 2.0 levels

Please no :/ Now its back to never boosting in a shielded ship kind of :/

Some great fixes. just need 1 more modular thingy and i'm good to go

doom monger hat on...
We better not lose a reputation level for every enhancement we want...
doom monger hat off

Yep. If you don't get an effect naturally, it's two levels to get the one you want. If you do get one, it's one level to choose it.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to see an update but still no fix for the black shapes at resource extraction sites on Xbox one is a bit ridiculous.

I understand the reasons, for example wanting to match player rank to provide an equivalent challenge; but up until 2.1 achieving combat Elite was simply a matter of endurance.
Surely it would make more sense to base the ship ranks generated on economy and state of a system?
Wouldn't this empower players with the choice to experience what they want?

While usually I am first to drop an eponymous "Git Gud" I think this is actually an excellent point. Up until 2.1 Combat rank has been a matter of numbers, the NPCs were phenomenally easy to deal with allowing players to essentially "farm" their way to the top ranks. Now with the changes to the AI shifting the focus onto skill as the primary determining factor, those who rushed to Elite (and many did so in order to win the competition of "first to Elite and 3lite") are now facing enemies they have not developed the requisite skill to face down. Having NPC rank spawns based upon the combat ranks achieved prior to 2.1 and the AI upgrade is going to massively frustrate those players, and I think that should have been taken into account.

**Disclaimer**

I'm not high ranked in ANY of my PF ranks. I AM enjoying the challenges I face now. However I can see this from the other side and do believe that this is a valid issue.

I understand the reasons, for example wanting to match player rank to provide an equivalent challenge; but up until 2.1 achieving combat Elite was simply a matter of endurance.
Surely it would make more sense to base the ship ranks generated on economy and state of a system?

Absolutely agree with this.

Quite why people moaned about not being able to choose special effects is beyond me. The while point was that they were special. Not liking that part at all.

Because they have specific functions that are new. Functions that can be used for specific way to play the game.

If you go to an Engineer with the intent to improve damage but instead get "healing beams" (or the other way around) the effect will go completely against what you were trying to achieve.

- Reduced the number of engineer mods on AI ships substantially, now only Deadly & Elite rank ships are guaranteed to have mods and any below Master are guaranteed to have none

Does that mean every single NPC Deadly or Elite Ship will have ENG Weapons, or is there still some randomness?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator

Exactly my feelings on the matter too.

As any player who can destroy Expert NPCs will (eventually) reach Elite Combat - how soon before players find that their NPC opponents are less "fun"....?

Agreed, this would be far more immersive and much better for the players

- When determining the rank of NPC ships, use the player's combat rank, rather than their highest PF rank, although add 1 rank if their trade or exploration rank is higher than their combat rank
- Improvements to turret tracking: When evaluating confusion the turret will now take into account the apparently linear acceleration of the target actually caused by angular acceleration of the firing vehicle.

Yes. All of this. Much better. [up]

Because they have specific functions that are new. Functions that can be used for specific way to play the game.

If you go to an Engineer with the intent to improve damage but instead get "healing beams" (or the other way around) the effect will go completely against what you were trying to achieve.

But the specials should be just that. Anything else is a bonus. What should happen now is every effect should get "rebalanced" so that they aren't as good since people are now able to choose. Or have it that naturally occurring ones are better than player picked as a way to rebalance. Also the rep gain with engineers needs to be looked at as it is way to easy to gain rep.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

- Reduced the number of engineer mods on AI ships substantially, now only Deadly & Elite rank ships are guaranteed to have mods and any below Master are guaranteed to have none

Does that mean every single NPC Deadly or Elite Ship will have ENG Weapons, or is there still some randomness?

Guaranteed.

While usually I am first to drop an eponymous "Git Gud" I think this is actually an excellent point. Up until 2.1 Combat rank has been a matter of numbers, the NPCs were phenomenally easy to deal with allowing players to essentially "farm" their way to the top ranks. Now with the changes to the AI shifting the focus onto skill as the primary determining factor, those who rushed to Elite (and many did so in order to win the competition of "first to Elite and 3lite") are now facing enemies they have not developed the requisite skill to face down. Having NPC rank spawns based upon the combat ranks achieved prior to 2.1 and the AI upgrade is going to massively frustrate those players, and I think that should have been taken into account.

**Disclaimer**

I'm not high ranked in ANY of my PF ranks. I AM enjoying the challenges I face now. However I can see this from the other side and do believe that this is a valid issue.

Maybe, we should have an option to make a One Time drop to our combat Rank. Say, down two levels.

Its a One time thing per account, and should not be allowed if you currently have the Combat Rank of Elite AND have ships parked at Founders World.

Other than that, if this patch lowers the interdictions that I have been having (not the levels of the NPC's but the Raw Number of times) then it will be much better for me. Get one tonne of anything in your hold and it puts a sign on your back to "Kick Me" and every NPC in the area can read it and does :p

Brett C

Frontier
Excellent! Can we have some clarification on how the engineer favours thing works please?

When you go to create a blueprint, after the normal experimental effect chance, you'll get an option in the UI to change (or force) the effect.

It costs one level to choose an effect, and another level to force one. It's free to remove an effect.

Hopefully this makes sense? :)

Pretty much. It's one level if you've naturally received an experimental effect to choose one, if you haven't then it's two - one to force the experimental effect, and the second to choose what it is. It's free to remove an effect.

Michael

So if I am level 5 with say todd and I don't get a special I will be demoted to level 3 and will then need to craft 3 level 3's and 3 level 4's to get back to where I was?

What if I craft a level 1 upgrade, do I get demoted back to level 3 ?

Sorry to be a grumpy git, but with so many people protesting about the material acquisition and RNG mechanics if it is how I describe it hasn't that just thrown a whole load of petrol onto things?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom