Patch Notes Update Update 2.1.03 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hope something is done about the AI as the current skill of the AI even for the elite ranks is about that of ''easy'' on most other space-shooters from the 90s and 2000s

I hope something is done about the AI as the current skill of the AI even for the elite ranks is about that of ''easy'' on most other space-shooters from the 90s and 2000s
i think that if elite npcs are nade even harder than now, its more incentive for below average players like me not to risk tangling with them. if an elite npc interdicted me for cargo im almost 100% likely to drop it if its made harder. similarly, if i take a mission rashly and get an elite npc on me. but i would like them to wait for a few minutes before firing after demanding cargo, no matter what their level is. give us time to dump cargo. and if we dont dump it all, say trying to fob them off with the cheapest stuff only, let them say something encouraging either 'surely you can do better/i know you have more/no i want the good stuff you can keep that trash'. but they wont open fire for longer if you dumped something, to give a chance to dump the expensive stuff you were trying to hang onto... unless they are stupid, if they were generated as stupid they will either take what you dropped assuming its what you had, or just shoot if you dont drop what you wanted. but stupid npcs would give you a chance to escape also.

smarter pirates and for mission npcs, where its not a transport cargo mission, they can also not open fire immediately but demand you give up on the mission if you want to live. again it could be for any level, unless the npc was generated as a stupid one. some might even try bribery, paying you a sum that covers the cost of any fine plus a small profit for abandoning the mission. lots of possibilities.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Man, FD need to hire yo ass.
thanks :D. but im not consistent enough with my ideas i think. i have sort of time periods where things come together in my head and then i have to write it all down orr i cant stop thinking about it. i call them ideas blurts, because occasionally i am literally typing as im thinking.

Last edited:
i think that if elite npcs are nade even harder than now, its more incentive for below average players like me not to risk tangling with them. if an elite npc interdicted me for cargo im almost 100% likely to drop it if its made harder. similarly, if i take a mission rashly and get an elite npc on me. but i would like them to wait for a few minutes before firing after demanding cargo, no matter what their level is. give us time to dump cargo. and if we dont dump it all, say trying to fob them off with the cheapest stuff only, let them say something encouraging either 'surely you can do better/i know you have more/no i want the good stuff you can keep that trash'. but they wont open fire for longer if you dumped something, to give a chance to dump the expensive stuff you were trying to hang onto... unless they are stupid, if they were generated as stupid they will either take what you dropped assuming its what you had, or just shoot if you dont drop what you wanted. but stupid npcs would give you a chance to escape also.

smarter pirates and for mission npcs, where its not a transport cargo mission, they can also not open fire immediately but demand you give up on the mission if you want to live. again it could be for any level, unless the npc was generated as a stupid one. some might even try bribery, paying you a sum that covers the cost of any fine plus a small profit for abandoning the mission. lots of possibilities.

thanks :D. but im not consistent enough with my ideas i think. i have sort of time periods where things come together in my head and then i have to write it all down orr i cant stop thinking about it. i call them ideas blurts, because occasionally i am literally typing as im thinking.

If you can't tackle real Elite NPC's, then don't. If all you want is to shoot fish in a barrel so that you can rank up as quickly as possible, then this *really* isn't the game for you.

Elite ranks are very rare.
Not only that but in lore they are seen as the best of the best.

The idea is we should need to adapt , flee when need be.

The game lost about 60-70% of gameplay as now we dont need to think , adapt or infact do anything anymore

Elite ranks are very rare.
Not only that but in lore they are seen as the best of the best.

The idea is we should need to adapt , flee when need be.

The game lost about 60-70% of gameplay as now we dont need to think , adapt or infact do anything anymore
i think both you and marc hicks misunderstood what i was getting at. i was saying yes they should be very rare unless mission generated, and yes unless you are in a combat ship and gunning for elite rank, when confronted by an elite npc you should probably be either trying to high wake or just give them what they want unless you are prepared for almost certain death, i was merely advocating more interaction.

and the rest of my interaction points was a request for something better than gimme your cargo (whether or not you HAVE any) and immediately opening fire, for ANY pirate. i have never met one in game who didnt open fire after about 2 seconds and thats not enough time for me to drop anything and often i had nothing TO drop. maybe a dumb pirate would do that but an elite pilot probably isnt stupid and they would know they had you over a barrel so they can afford to spend more time before the cops arrive (if they do) waiting for you to drop what they want. especially if they know what you already dropped isnt the best stuff you have. another option if you ignore the demand would be for them to fire but stop before your ship is destroyed, or disable the ship by destroying thrusters and then hitting the cargo hatch while you are rebooting the system. then they scoop what they want and leave with a warning it would cost less next time if you just dropped like you were told.

im saying elite npcs should be fearsome, even to someone whos a good pilot in a combat fitted ship. they should be rare and most likely smart and that includes not destroying someone unless they have to - its not exactly smart to risk spending more to repair and resupply ammo than they get in the cargo they can scoop, and i say they would think of these things. they are supposed to be the best. i wasnt saying dumb them down. i was saying make them even better than now but also smarter and logical. they would b thinking how to limit any bounty if a pirate.

and i dont agree that to make the AI better they should be able to make their ships do impossible things unmodded like anacondas outflying a sidewinder and staying on its tail no matter what the player can do. thats just not realistic or fun. thats not AI thats the npc being able to fly a ship beyond its supposed flight profile, like a jumbo jet flying the same way as an F16 - its not possible and should not be possible in this game. the AI is still better they just have to obey the same laws of physics now as the rest which means that FD can work on making the AI better.

Last edited:
i think both you and marc hicks misunderstood what i was getting at. i was saying yes they should be very rare unless mission generated, and yes unless you are in a combat ship and gunning for elite rank, when confronted by an elite npc you should probably be either trying to high wake or just give them what they want unless you are prepared for almost certain death, i was merely advocating more interaction.

and the rest of my interaction points was a request for something better than gimme your cargo (whether or not you HAVE any) and immediately opening fire, for ANY pirate. i have never met one in game who didnt open fire after about 2 seconds and thats not enough time for me to drop anything and often i had nothing TO drop. maybe a dumb pirate would do that but an elite pilot probably isnt stupid and they would know they had you over a barrel so they can afford to spend more time before the cops arrive (if they do) waiting for you to drop what they want. especially if they know what you already dropped isnt the best stuff you have. another option if you ignore the demand would be for them to fire but stop before your ship is destroyed, or disable the ship by destroying thrusters and then hitting the cargo hatch while you are rebooting the system. then they scoop what they want and leave with a warning it would cost less next time if you just dropped like you were told.

im saying elite npcs should be fearsome, even to someone whos a good pilot in a combat fitted ship. they should be rare and most likely smart and that includes not destroying someone unless they have to - its not exactly smart to risk spending more to repair and resupply ammo than they get in the cargo they can scoop, and i say they would think of these things. they are supposed to be the best. i wasnt saying dumb them down. i was saying make them even better than now but also smarter and logical. they would b thinking how to limit any bounty if a pirate.

and i dont agree that to make the AI better they should be able to make their ships do impossible things unmodded like anacondas outflying a sidewinder and staying on its tail no matter what the player can do. thats just not realistic or fun. thats not AI thats the npc being able to fly a ship beyond its supposed flight profile, like a jumbo jet flying the same way as an F16 - its not possible and should not be possible in this game. the AI is still better they just have to obey the same laws of physics now as the rest which means that FD can work on making the AI better.
I never said the NPCs should have super powers.

They should use the same rules as us. however currently they have restrictions on them making it impossible for them to put up a good fight.

I want the high ranked NPCs to be the best FD can make them without making them cheat.

It's not a code ;) Much like 'buff' & 'Nerf' and plenty of other of examples, it's a phrase that has come into common usage because it captures the posters intent neatly, in this case better than PBKC ever did. 'You are not as good as you thought you were' might be a long hand way of putting it :)
Mostly used in the Dark Souls community

however currently they have restrictions on them making it impossible for them to put up a good fight. I want the high ranked NPCs to be the best FD can make them without making them cheat.

Someone brought up a good point in another thread - in every other MMO in existence ever, there are tons of cannon-fodder orcs, undead, etc etc. to polish your moves on, gain experience & rank. They are not all boss-level.

Someone brought up a good point in another thread - in every other MMO in existence ever, there are tons of cannon-fodder orcs, undead, etc etc. to polish your moves on, gain experience & rank. They are not all boss-level.

Elite has next to nothing in common with an MMO despite claims to the contrary made by marketing :p, pretty sure combat is supposed to be occasional but meaty not super spammy and cheap

It seems, but the post is not up yet. Can't wait to see it.

Could it be the surface scanner with the ability to detect materials on planet? Or just minor fixes today?

EDIT:
Patch notes

Stability Fixes
Fixes for crashes when Hyperspace jumping
Fix for crash when entering Supercruise from a Conflict Zone
(Xbox) Fix for title entering unresponsive state after disconnecting the WAN Network cable
(Xbox) Fix for title crash from launch

General Fixes
(Xbox) Fix for loss of Horizons access after launching from Engineer Base
Fix for Docking Computer and NPC’s drifting off target landing pad
Various text updates

Last edited:
Elite is not one of those silly games.

Its a spacesim thats ment to be set in a dark universe were life has nearly no value unless its a bounty

It was pitched as an evolution of the normal space-sim , without stupid tropes holding it back.
NPCs have as much value as us , at least its ment to look and feel that way.
Yes we get to pull the BGS and they dont , but that is not something you are ment to notice

Last edited:
I see that galaxy map is still not fixed. Un-ticked fastest routes automatically default back to the ticked economical routes next time you get into the galaxy map. I cannot stand those lines on fastest routes because it clutters the view so much that it looks like a cobweb so I untick them. Just checked this, still there.... (if you not careful, you could end up doing 10 fold more jumps without even realizing it. Should be option to show/hide lines.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom