Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings Cmdrs. I know I asked this yesterday, but I am still unsure of the answer. What was the name of the new populated system FD mentioned during the live stream? I can't seem to find it. It sounded like they said Leesee or some such thing. Thanks.
For those that are wondering, the new populated system in Colonia is called Kenesi. Many thanks to Cmdr S100py !

[h=1][/h]

PS4 players confirmed the SRV bug is still happening in the latest patch:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...still-broken?p=6956725&viewfull=1#post6956725

Two CMDRs landed with SRVs deployed. Third CMDR lands ship (so far so good); deploys SRV; a few seconds where we text chat; then PSN Blue Screen of Death, and everyone kicked to XMB.

I can't believe a bug like this has lived so long. Why can't Fdev fix game crashing errors like this in a timely fashion?

I really hope they fix it before Distant Worlds II.

I can't believe a bug like this has lived so long. Why can't Fdev fix game crashing errors like this in a timely fashion?

I would assume that they are finding it difficult to track down otherwise they would have fixed such a major bug already if it was easy. I could be wrong though and maybe the just don't care about their customer base, but I doubt it though.

verminstar

Banned

Some believe it only appeared since 3.0 but the SRV camera view bug was actually first reported last september on xb1. Much as I love this game, as a console player I cant help but feel like a second class player in the eyes of the bug fixers. If it doesnt affect the master race then there is no urgency...thats the thought I take with me while I fire up NMS again...aint even bothered to update the ED update cos theres literally nothing in it...certainly not enough to get me back thats fer sure.

As the mantra goes, roll on the jesus patch which is Q4...this ¨update¨ (sic) is just one step closer to that...nothing more nothing less ^

New player here, started to day after the downtime. Can someone point me to the most current manual for newcomers? Am a bit overwhelmed with this game hahaha[woah]

Sadly keeping the manual updated seems to be low priority. I feel sorry for newcomers as a lot has changed since 3.0 (C&P, engineering etc.)

Yeah I have to agree with this sadly. I have spent a lot of time reporting bugs in the past and honestly feel that they have just been ignored even when I've proven that something isn't working right/well. So I now don't bother reporting bugs because I have very little time spare in my life and can't spend it doing anything unproductive (like writing this message!). Clearly we're the testers which is one approach, but if that's the case, then all reported bugs must be fully addressed and not just ignored or these testers will quickly lose faith and invest their time elsewhere.

Feel exactly the same way, anything to do with bug reporting and dealing with QA has become an exercise in frustration so now I just take a selfish approach and only raise a bug report if it's something that affects my gameplay directly and I can't find a workaround.

Dear FD,

In spite of the salt, and tears, and grief, I would like you to know that some of us appreciate your efforts.

I have enjoyed the game since launch. I was enjoying the game last week and I am enjoying the game post update. Well done, and keep up the good work. Thank you!

Sometimes Sugar gets lost in the salt.

Has anyone managed to find surfaced based wing missions?

I and others have sent hours looking and found 0.

Are these missions bugged?

Thanks FDev ! Nice update :)

Spent last evening going ot the Guardian beacons (it looks AWESOME and the animation is amazing). Met a lot of CMDRs there.

Then, I went to the new Guardian sites...lot more of sentinels than usual...was a nice challenge ! I don't use the SLF but I wanted to unlock the Javelin to see how it fly. As always, your sound team did an amazing job !

Only downside is the planetary crash bug in SRV...I'm on PS4 and we were like 7-8 CMDRs at the Guardian ruins...I wasn't in a wing but as soon as I took my SRV out the game started to be choppy and few seconds after the game crashed. Tried another time but after 30 seconds the game crashed again...PLEASE fix this as soon as possible...I was having a lot of fun to see all those CMDRs around fighting Guardian sentinels but I had to go in solo and do it alone because of the bug =(

I would assume that they are finding it difficult to track down otherwise they would have fixed such a major bug already if it was easy. I could be wrong though and maybe the just don't care about their customer base, but I doubt it though.

What do you meant by tracking down?

Well then

I've been playing Elite for 2 years, first year on pc then switched to ps4. Love the game, played it initially on Spectrum and loved it then as well.
It's just disappointing playing on a console tbh. The srv bug, for the most part, makes a multiplayer game into just a game. It really needs fixing.
Besides that, I'm waiting for the juiciest of the updates.
Love the guardian beacons. Wish they had more gameplay around them, besides just scanning.

What do you meant by tracking down?

Finding the bits of code that actually cause the problem when multiple people are in an instance and using SRVs which works fine when running when no others are present.

Code doesn't always behave the same way in a game build as it does with diagnostic tools also running.

the crusader has multiple hardpoint animation faliures. when deploying and restowing. and have quite lackluster firepower. noice.

the guardian spacestations looked menacing but where pretty much completly useless. but a cool as lightshow.

cant do the ground thingy because 9001 guardian sentinels keep spawning everywhere, everytime, cleared an area thinking: ''yeah nah, i just killed that one it wont come up'', yeah sure it does together with teammates now and instantly blast me away like team rocket.

Fixed antenna that could only be seen from inside the cockpit

Literally unplayable.

:D I'm actually rushing back to the bubble to do some much needed guardian upgrades. Looking forward to all of it. Thanks!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom