Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.02

erm yes.
the difference is that you can see what modules that npc has turned off to continue fighting you.
its called power management.

there is another long topic about this, but i am not entertained enough to dig it out (well, i just posted in there a few days ago)

I have yet to be able to put together a build on Coriolis that can run all of its weapons, plus shields, plus thrusters, on 50% power plant, without having g5 overcharged PP and high-grade efficient weapons and everything else E-rated. Switching off other modules is unlikely to change that.

You could also watch the video in the thread I linked to, which shows no modules being switched off. The thread also shows FDev responding and saying they're aware of the issue, rather than telling us it's working as intended. But I guess it'd been a while since I heard 'but NPCs have power priorities!', so at least I can mark that off the bingo card :p

Last edited:
I have yet to be able to put together a build on Coriolis that can run all of its weapons, plus shields, plus thrusters, on 50% power plant, without having g5 overcharged PP and high-grade efficient weapons and everything else E-rated. Switching off other modules is unlikely to change that.

You could also watch the video in the thread I linked to, which shows no modules being switched off. The thread also shows FDev responding and saying they're aware of the issue, rather than telling us it's working as intended. But I guess it'd been a while since I heard 'but NPCs have power priorities!', so at least I can mark that off the bingo card :p

that topic is from almost a year ago, even that video linked into that topic is 11 month old, like 3 major patches ago.

The BGS doesn't need minor balancing - it needs a complete overhaul.
(1) The "bloodbath" of conflicts needs to be severely mitigated.
(2) Trying to create player exhaustion is a childish and ruthlessly malicious policy. That's right, "malicious." Grow up, FDev!
(3) Grinding factions down to 30%Inf creates unnecessary conflicts.
(4) Missions need to never, ever give negative influence. I can see no influence unless a benchmark is reached, but negative influence is an idiotic joke, and gives players the option of visiting each system and buying and selling 1 tonne of biowaste as a BGS tactic. Pathetic!
(5) Where the hell have outbreak and famine gone?
(6) Incredible difficulty for expansion, and incredibly ease for retreat is just a way of negating players' dedicated efforts.
Right now the BGS is a deal breaker, and I still don't give a flying about the glacially slow moving story arc.
Clean up your act, FDev! None of the recent to changes to BGS are in any way positive.

Last edited:
Never once had a CTD because a system state was out of wack. Never had buttons stop working, or UI elements fail, because the BGS broke. Only time it ever affected me was when I had to sell ore to another station because this one had terrible sell prices all of a sudden.

That's what I mean by the BGS not being a game-breaking issue. If the majority of players in the game can log in, play the game, and log out without failure, it's not broken, just imbalanced. BGS states being all over the place and prices being out of whack, etc: that's a balance issue.

nice empathy there. For quite a large chunk of the playerbase the BGS is the game. and its not just imbalanced, its imbalanced AND bugged.

EOSpoZ7.png

(4) Missions need to never, ever give negative influence. I can see no influence unless a benchmark is reached, but negative influence is an idiotic joke, and gives players the option of visiting each system and buying and selling 1 tonne of biowaste as a BGS tactic. Pathetic!

Wasnt this one patched out a looong time ago?

Exploration

Fixed various biological sites not scanning correctly

Given that the issue with the Anemones will be fixed, can you tell us if you're going to award the cmdrs who reported it their first discoveries in their reported systems? I posted this issue together with a support ticket (and supporting evidence) and I'd like to know if I'll be given the first discovery for the sector/system/anemone variant I previously reported buggy. It was my main goal with the support ticket AND forum post.

Last edited:
I didn't see it in the patch notes so it probably wasn't fixed or it wasn't considered important enough to list, but s/o to the NPC SLF crew voice bug that changes their voices upon mode switching.

Apologies if this is a silly question, but is it right to say that none of these fixes cover the DSS bug whereby sometimes bodies appear surface scanned (i.e. blue/grid thing) when in fact they haven't been scanned?

Apologies if this is a silly question, but is it right to say that none of these fixes cover the DSS bug whereby sometimes bodies appear surface scanned (i.e. blue/grid thing) when in fact they haven't been scanned?

Is this what you are asking?

Updated '% System Bodies Mapped' to '% System Bodies Discovered' in the FSS mode for clarity

Is this what you are asking?

Updated '% System Bodies Mapped' to '% System Bodies Discovered' in the FSS mode for clarity

I'm not sure! This sounds more like a semantic thing, though, simply altering some text on the FSS screen, rather than addressing the display bug.

VR

• Fixed pulse wave scanner effects not rendering correctly

A lot of Void Opal miners aren't going to be happy about that!

That's VR users specifically, who were having trouble seeing what monitor players see, isn't it? It's not what you're thinking, although if it was, then I'd say to learn how to use the tools without a glitch present to find fissures.

I don't see anything about the game breaking passenger bug that locks passengers in your cabins and they cannot be removed without self destructing. You also cannot switch ships. This bug renders the game unplayable for anyone who experiences it, and there are many pages worth of bug reports on it as we speak. This has been in game for almost a month and fdev had promised that this issue would be elevated. Apparently not elevated above fixing typos.

Thank you for the fixes but the best quality of life improvement in 3.3 was to allow bounties to be handed in at any starport..... only to find out it was a bug and changed back. Boohoo

Last edited:
Top Bottom