Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

Once again I wonder how such an easy to test thing like the system scan bug goes through playtesting.

Probably because originally it wasn't part of their test vectors.

How it could get through in a patch which specifically mentions fixing it is another thing. A decent QA team should always add the situation which caused a bug report to their regression test suite, and the entire regression test suite should be applied to the actual release candidate build(s).

Personally I'm happy to finally see another update, even if it didn't (appear to) fix much. Still hoping for Codex, VR, and other exploration-related fixes. I'm sure most people have their own pet-bug-lists which they'd like to see eradicated. But it seems to me as if the FDev team is concentrating on the "next big release" instead of patching the current one. Hopefully that means it's not too far away..

My game crashes 75% of the time I come out of FSD. I have been playing for hours so this is off of a huge sample size. I have sent lots ofcrash reports so please developers havefun withmy notes.... and use me to fix this

I have to say I am in the same situation. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the state of the game right now. 75% is no exaggeration. In my case I am allowing interdiction so that I can get the pirate lord I am hunting and the game crashes pretty much every time I drop out from the interdiction. I've sumbitted all the crash reports so you FD folk must know what a disaster the game is in right now. Unbelievably bad. I can't believe you have allowed it to get this bad. Again I say - disappointed.

EDIT. And - another crash. So I think I'll cancel all the missions I have right now, take the hit in rep and just go bounty hunting for the CG. <sigh>

Last edited:
I have to say I am in the same situation. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the state of the game right now. 75% is no exaggeration. In my case I am allowing interdiction so that I can get the pirate lord I am hunting and the game crashes pretty much every time I drop out from the interdiction. I've sumbitted all the crash reports so you FD folk must know what a disaster the game is in right now. Unbelievably bad. I can't believe you have allowed it to get this bad. Again I say - disappointed.

Yeah - while I understand fdev not telling us about future plans, they could at least update us on the CtD that are locking out many mission types at the moment.

I love the last one, we fixed something that did something that could have caused something under the right something...

Fdev...I truely love Elite Dangerous but I find it kinda sad that the last piece of "information" we had about the roadmap of this game was the "next era" annoucement in august 2018...along with fleet carriers & icy planet being "reprioritised"...

I mean...we're 2 months from 3.3 release now and still a lot of bugs going on and still not a single words about what you're planning for 2019...I hope you understand that it can be disappointing for your community and that it would be nice to have some updates about what exciting[SIZE=1]TM[/SIZE] stuff is coming.

o7

Last edited:
Fdev...I truely love Elite Dangerous but I find it kinda sad that the last piece of "information" we had about the roadmap of this game was the "next era" annoucement in august 2018...along with fleet carriers & icy planet being "reprioritised"...

I mean...we're 2 months from 3.3 release now and still a lot of bugs going on and still not a single words about what you're planning for 2019...I hope you understand that it can be disappointing for your community and that it would be nice to have some updates about what exciting[SIZE=1]TM[/SIZE] stuff is coming.

o7

The most exciting update for me will be patch .06 - oups no, make it patch .07 - I just realized that patch .05 has just been rolled out.
Seriously do you think that the game is in a state that can accept major updates? I'd much prefer if we have small patches and minor QoL improvements instead... at least for 2019.. then we'll see..

Exploration

• Stopped the 'System Scan Complete' message spamming the player

Nice try but...No. Still getting multiple hits - looks like i get a SSC message for each discovered sun on entry - 2 suns: two voice hits, 3 suns: 3 voice hits etc. I mean it isn't game destroying or anything - just saying....hasn't worked.

very sorry to hear that but i am glad hear that i am not the only one i can fix mine as well but being old (60) i have short term memory problems thou i can remember some but not all. i will just have to do my best guess like spock
cooo you are talking yourself to death - 60 is Young, I'm coming 82 and still plugging - if I can remember where I came from just before the upgrade ....

Exploration

• Stopped the 'System Scan Complete' message spamming the player

Well, this is not fixed, I just got it three times in a system with 5 stars only. I'm on patch 3.3.05.

I also had to remap every camera keys on my Xbox One controller on my custom profile, something changed as it is now displayed differently, as if it was a new controller. Old assignments were there but empty and not working.

cooo you are talking yourself to death - 60 is Young, I'm coming 82 and still plugging - if I can remember where I came from just before the upgrade ....
keep on spacing but life is about having fun and at the moment with the new bugs elite is not fun.

to FD you told me in another thread that you have found the interdiction bug and are working on it thats what you told me about the SRV bug and that took 8 months to get fixed will this take as long as well. i worked hard to get my 100% and 14 billion in asset's shame to throw it all away over sommat that should never of happened in the 1st place

Last edited:
With a finite number of developers you have to prioritise and I guess that is what they have done.

For me there is a single fix in this release which should've been the number 1 priority bug fix above all other issues in the game.

Network
  • Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing

Blueprints missing?
Faction balancing?
FSS scanning issues?

All completely irrelevrant if you can't join a server or were constantly getting disconnected.

So personally, if this fixes that problem, I'm a happy bunny as it moves things forward and the game is better with the fix than without. Thanks FDev. [up]

(Fixed many situations that could lead to disconnection of players during the game.)
still throws out of the game, before the update was not like this and now just awful .....

Still getting 'System Scan Complete' spams even after 3.3.05. The cases seem to be star systems with multiple stars but no other objects to find. The game then announces one "System Scan Complete" for each star found.

:D S

STILL getting System Scan Complete voice spamming. Happens when there are only stars to discover and no planets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom