Update 5 Deep Dive

In honor of more personality to small dinosaurs, I’ve more species to make this useful: Microceratus (obviously), Masiakasaurus, Mononykus (give it its own unique design, not those dioramas), Heterodontosaurus, Hypsilophodon, Zalmoxes, and Stegoceras.
Not so sure about Zalmoxes... and I'm pretty sure Masiakasaurus is closer to Troodon or Coelophysis, not these little guys... totally agree with the sentiment though. Other good options to consider:
  • Lesothosaurus
  • Scutellosaurus
  • Bagaceratops
  • Sinornithosaurus
  • Sinosauropteryx
  • Eoraptor
  • Yinlong

I'm loving the addition of skin variants for the variant models, I always wished that they had more skin variety ever since the reveal of the Kentro and Orano in the CC dlc :] Thank you so much for giving these amazing models more life.

However I'd like to ask if there are any plans to give the TLW Stego, JP3 Raptors, JP3 Pteras , and the JWD Paras the same treatment? Or if those variants are too similar to their default counterparts? I personally just really like those models in particular and hope to see more skin variants for them :]

Last edited:
This update sure looks like it’s going to be amazing! But Frontier, do you think you can fix the sizes of some of the large carnivores in the game? The in game database blatantly lies about the size of these dinosaurs, and I think it should be fixed, along with Spinosaurus getting the size buff it deserves.

Spinosaurus: 15 meters and 5.45 meters tall, should be changed to 16.5 meters and 5.8 meters tall. Should be changed to reflect the Camp Cretaceous Size.

Tyrannosaurus: 14.5 meters long and 5.8 meters tall, should be changed to 13.5 meters long and 5.2 meters tall to reflect the size of Rexy, the largest Tyrannosaur in the series.

Giganotosaurus : stays the same, size is good.

Carcharadontosaurus: stays the same, size is good.

Acrocanthosaurus: 14 meters long and 5 meters tall, should be changed to 12.5-13 meters but but the height should stay the same.

Please take this feedback into consideration frontier. The dinosaurs should reflect their canon sizes and you guys fixed it in the first game, please do this someday down the line! It would make franchise buffs like myself very happy! I also know that you guys fixed the JP3 pteranodon and I have hope you will do it for other dinosaurs as well! And it won’t take long to do! :) Can’t wait for the future of this game and I’m looking forward to seeing what else you guys do!

They already fixed the size of the Rex and Spino in the first game. I imagine that fix carried over to the new game. I have seen both models in game and they look fine. They are based on the movie CGI models used in JP and JP3. They aren't going to make the Spino some kind of huge monster and make the Rex really small.

They already fixed the size of the Rex and Spino in the first game. I imagine that fix carried over to the new game. I have seen both models in game and they look fine. They are based on the movie CGI models used in JP and JP3. They aren't going to make the Spino some kind of huge monster and make the Rex really small.
I would like to have a 2001 T. rex varient that scales better with the JP3 Spino.

No they aren’t fixed. I checked in blender and the JWE2 Rex model is 14.5 meters long and 5.8 meters tall when it should be 13.5 meters long and 5.2 meters tall. I just want the Rex to reflect the size it is in canon, as Rexy is the size it says in the database, so yes they still need to fix the Rex size.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
However I'd like to ask if there are any plans to give the TLW Stego, JP3 Raptors, JP3 Pteras , and the JWD Paras the same treatment? Or if those variants are too similar to their default counterparts? I personally just really like those models in particular and hope to see more skin variants for them :]
Hey Apostro!

There's a difference between skins and Variants. A Variant is considered a major change in dinosaur design, with a new model and size differences. Sometimes there are also new animation sets and audio because of those changes. The dinosaurs you mentioned are considered skins, not Variants, and we don't have plans to introduce body/pattern colour options for them.
Will there be any new options for Sandbox, like infinite feeders?
There won't be new Sandbox options added in this update
No they aren’t fixed. I checked in blender and the JWE2 Rex model is 14.5 meters long and 5.8 meters tall when it should be 13.5 meters long and 5.2 meters tall. I just want the Rex to reflect the size it is in canon, as Rexy is the size it says in the database, so yes they still need to fix the Rex size.
Hey again Snieves! We've mentioned this a few times already, but we don't have plans to make any changes to the size of the Spinosaurus and T. rex.

Last edited:
Hey Apostro!

There's a difference between skins and Variants. A Variant is considered a major change in dinosaur design, with a new model and size differences. Sometimes there are also new animation sets and audio because of those changes. The dinosaurs you mentioned are considered skins, not Variants, and we don't have plans to introduce body/pattern colour options for them.

There won't be new Sandbox options added in this update

Hey again Snieves! We've mentioned this a few times already, but we don't have plans to make any changes to the size of the Spinoraptor and T. rex.
Why? Why won’t you change the size? You guys fixed the Rex size in JWE so it should be fixed in JWE2, especially since you guys fixed the JP3 pteranodon. There’s no excuses…

Top Bottom