***Urgent alert to all pilots*** Megaship attacked by caustic enzymes 40 LY from Achenar

I was doing a routine megaship scanning mission in the Negrito system some 40 ly from Achenar. I dropped out of supercruise and lo and behold discovered a derelict ship ravaged by corrosive damage. When I scanned the ship uplink all I got was the cryptic message:

"All efforts to communicate have failed. The ship scanned us and then became aggressive. I know we won't make it out of this. Consider this a warning message. They are......"

I don't know whether or not this has anything to do with the current ACT investigation but I'm seeking the aid of any and all Commanders in uncovering this mystery.

unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png

Video of my discovery

Stay safe out there,
Victor Dangerstar

Last edited:
I think it's a permanent fixture:

Does anyone know if it's new?

The most recent update on Inara puts it at February 4th. Interestingly on Inara it still shows it as an active megaship, and I was able to get a mission as though it were, but when I looked for it on the side panel it showed up as a signal source not a megaship.

Attacked megaships don't ever get cleaned up. There's one in Deciat. This could be new, but I'd bet it's an old one.

Also, if anyone is investigating, check the cargo. They've probably got smuggled Thargoid tech in there.

Update: Yeah, the system has been targeted in the past. 25th Oct 3304. Apparently the defence was a success, but iirc the megaships burn anyway.

Amaethon Class Agricultural Vessel
Are unlandable It does not have landing pad assets, Has nice figher bay launchers...
There are 4 cargo racks and 1 pod launcher rack on normal bulk crusier... cargo count is lower after attack..
The Bulk cruiser is not in its home system as the Three letter code matches it birth system... and thats not MCD.. so its jumped route was from else were..

Top Bottom