Valve Index VR headset

Hopefully Elite will get support for it quickly. I'm excited for this one. My Vive was solid so far, but I want a proper ugrade.

Elite works with steamvr

Elite engine is "stupid" not to recognize wider FOV, which requires enabling parallel projection in pimax, which is a shame because it's a big performance hit. There are other games which are coded like there was only one narrow screen and render accordingly. We'll see what specs will this headset have and then we will know for sure.

Well it's highly unlikely steams self made and wouldn't support steam VR.

How well that support is going to be is anyone's guess.

Worrying about perf hits like parallel projections is honestly at this point like killing your chickens so the foxes won't get them.

Valve has given no official word outside of May and this one PR photo.
Other previously guessed features i would consider at a 6/10 likelihood.

We are simply going to have to wait for a few months.

Well it's highly unlikely steams self made and wouldn't support steam VR.

How well that support is going to be is anyone's guess.
Yeah of course it will be steamvr, but I am pointing out the fact that games don't adapt to the hardware so well, case in point pimax and it's wide fov because it is using two screens.

The cv1 and all vives have two screens so that's not the cause.

I don't think it's even because of the wide fov on the pimax but because the two screens in the pimax is mounted at such an angle that they require this option.
I could be mistaken there though.

gjhfg1x0kun21.jpg

SUDDENLY!

tc49vdeqt7p21.jpg

As I read it.
That includes tracking stations and the new controllers.

The vive pro package containing the same is $300 more.
Pimax 5k+ about the same as the pro if you also need base station and wands.

This is honestly not a terrible deal looking at it's chief contenders.

And so far the performance primarily and the low comfort, already scratched my glasses with it, the Pimax leaves me seriously considering going back to the cv1, cause apart from lower end experiences the fps is so abysmal it's unplayable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom