Visit the Braintrees to earn RAW material - no more blasting rocks

Last time I harvested G4 (Phloem Excrete) in this area was about 2 weeks ago.
But had to drive a bit around with SRV. First after landing found only Polypourous fruits.

Last edited:
But had to drive a bit around with SRV. First after landing found only Polypourous fruits.
The ONLY thing I'm finding are those Polyporous growths. I flew around to 5 different planets, drove for a dozen kilometers, no change.

I just tested what you said; I went back to the brain trees and traveled in a straight line for well over 20 minutes. Again, nothing but polyporous growths.

1673542609794.png

I've tried relogging, relogging to desktop, and using Horizons instead of Odyssey, and nothing works. It's gotta be bugged, there's no way my luck is THIS bad.

I just tested what you said; I went back to the brain trees and traveled in a straight line for well over 20 minutes. Again, nothing but polyporous growths.

That's just a pity. 😣 Only thing I can say in this case, to try a different planet with braintrees.
It may be, if a planet is visited and farmed much from many players, that then only these Polypourus are left.
Just my guess about this.

Similiar to the Barnacles, which are dead after intense farming from players.

That's just a pity. 😣 Only thing I can say in this case, to try a different planet with braintrees.
It may be, if a planet is visited and farmed much from many players, that then only these Polypourus are left.
Just my guess about this.

Similiar to the Barnacles, which are dead after intense farming from players.
thanks for this writeup Rob,
never used the braintrees to collect raw´s, wasn´t even aware that this is possible. it adds a new gameplay aspect to me and enjoyed two playing sessions to fillup my raw storage. was pretty successful with all grade materials on your first proposed system. really not difficult to find on the surface.

ry jumping back into SC and land at a different part of the planet, that seemed to work for me.

The last series of patched fked all the high grade mats, let's be fair - I used to go once / twice a year to crystalline shards places, in 2-3 boring hours I could farm ALL the high grade mats. But a "smart" muppet on dev team decided the bio signs should not show up on the ship scanners anymore, ( now not even in Horizons ! ) instead, one should fly blind and do the lottery on random places where you could find a dozen crystals...
Conclusion: what before one could accomplish by a relative "short" dumb gameplay, of 3-4 hours, now only can do in double-triple the time / pain, since ( and only thanks to dedicated, good heart players, who put the effort in ) since you only can use now a set of coordinates, that is, is taking 10x more time to get on the spot - and the supply is half as rich in best case.
I give up of this dumb, stupid grind - I got my raw the old way, mining constantly AND trading low grade in high grade.

The last series of patched fked all the high grade mats, let's be fair - I used to go once / twice a year to crystalline shards places, in 2-3 boring hours I could farm ALL the high grade mats. But a "smart" muppet on dev team decided the bio signs should not show up on the ship scanners anymore, ( now not even in Horizons ! ) instead, one should fly blind and do the lottery on random places where you could find a dozen crystals...
Conclusion: what before one could accomplish by a relative "short" dumb gameplay, of 3-4 hours, now only can do in double-triple the time / pain, since ( and only thanks to dedicated, good heart players, who put the effort in ) since you only can use now a set of coordinates, that is, is taking 10x more time to get on the spot - and the supply is half as rich in best case.
I give up of this dumb, stupid grind - I got my raw the old way, mining constantly AND trading low grade in high grade.

Crystal sites really aren't bad with the new system. Yes, you can't go to one specific site anymore, but you really don't have to; I've gone to crystal planets and just wandered around and found everything I needed just as fast.

Crystal sites really aren't bad with the new system. Yes, you can't go to one specific site anymore, but you really don't have to; I've gone to crystal planets and just wandered around and found everything I needed just as fast.
"just wandered around and found everything I needed just as fast." allow me to doubt your statement : do not tell me in just 3-4 h you got ALL high grade mats ! I did both methods, and I know your statement is not true.You lose AT LEAST 2-3 x time for the same result with this "new" method.
It was introduced in order to force us to go on foot and scan things.

"just wandered around and found everything I needed just as fast." allow me to doubt your statement : do not tell me in just 3-4 h you got ALL high grade mats ! I did both methods, and I know your statement is not true.
It took me about 30 minutes to max out one of my G4 raws; I didn't do them all, admittedly, but it was definitely on the same timescale.

The thing is, while they're not as dense on any one location, they just keep going and going and going, so you can just drive a quarter mile and bam, more.

It took me about 30 minutes to max out one of my G4 raws; I didn't do them all, admittedly, but it was definitely on the same timescale.

The thing is, while they're not as dense on any one location, they just keep going and going and going, so you can just drive a quarter mile and bam, more.
"but it was definitely on the same timescale." then "while they're not as dense on any one location, they just keep going and going and going, so you can just drive a quarter mile and bam, more." I admire your logic :p

"but it was definitely on the same timescale." then "while they're not as dense on any one location, they just keep going and going and going, so you can just drive a quarter mile and bam, more." I admire your logic :p

Density isn't always a good thing. Many times the old crystal sites were so dense you risked getting stuck, and had to be much more careful navigating. Whereas with the smaller clusters you find today let you basically shoot off everything, circle it to collect them, and then move on to the next one.

There are costs to everything, I'll admit, but I do think that the new version is fine once you get used to it. The only real downside is that it's not quite as simple as before, but that's both a downside and an upside. Before it was very much a grind with no real skill involved, but now you do actually learn some skills, and learning how to do exobiology and drive your SRV across a planet can be pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

Density isn't always a good thing. Many times the old crystal sites were so dense you risked getting stuck, and had to be much more careful navigating. Whereas with the smaller clusters you find today let you basically shoot off everything, circle it to collect them, and then move on to the next one.

There are costs to everything, I'll admit, but I do think that the new version is fine once you get used to it. The only real downside is that it's not quite as simple as before, but that's both a downside and an upside. Before it was very much a grind with no real skill involved, but now you do actually learn some skills, and learning how to do exobiology and drive your SRV across a planet can be pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
Yeah, sure, are some peoples who enjoy grinding...

Anyone know of brain tree planets near Colonia? They must be quite rare because I've only seen them a few times in the years I've been doing exo.

Top Bottom