Vote Elite Dangerous for Best VR Game in the 2019 Steam Awards

Only if you have a Steam gaming account, obviously :D (Elite doesn't have to be on Steam though)

Go here to vote: https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations

The award categories available (and my nominations) are:
  • Game Of The Year = Monster Hunter World
  • VR Game Of The Year = Elite Dangerous
  • Labour Of Love = Warframe
  • Best Developer = Paradox
  • Best Environment = Subnautica
  • Better With Friends = Rocket League
  • Best Alternate History = Civilization 6
  • Most Fun With A Machine = Stellaris

What are your choices for games and devs in the above categories? Is Elite Dangerous a worthy winner (YES!) of Best VR Game? What other categories would you nominate Elite Dangerous for, and why?

Sorry. there are other games that deserve this title more this year. Last year and the year before ok - but this year nope

haha already did this morning

in my language the nomination for Labour of love (amour indéfectible) could be traduced by "unwavering love".. so i choose this one :)

Last edited:
Only if you have a Steam gaming account, obviously :D (Elite doesn't have to be on Steam though)

Go here to vote: https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations

The award categories available (and my nominations) are:
  • Game Of The Year = Monster Hunter World
  • VR Game Of The Year = Elite Dangerous
  • Labour Of Love = Warframe
  • Best Developer = Paradox
  • Best Environment = Subnautica
  • Better With Friends = Rocket League
  • Best Alternate History = Civilization 6
  • Most Fun With A Machine = Stellaris

What are your choices for games and devs in the above categories? Is Elite Dangerous a worthy winner (YES!) of Best VR Game? What other categories would you nominate Elite Dangerous for, and why?
No, it doesn't deserve that title.

You can't even interact with the ship in vr! You have to use the mouse, keyboard, controller or hotas. The vr manipulators is a no go. That fact alone disqualifies ED.

Sadly Frontier doesn't hold up to their end of "If they use VR, we will build on it further" principle.

No, it doesn't deserve that title.

You can't even interact with the ship in vr! You have to use the mouse, keyboard, controller or hotas. The vr manipulators is a no go. That fact alone disqualifies ED.

I Just use my hotas, and that is interacting with your ship in VR.

But I do agree that I there are other games that probably deserve the title this year.

I am using Vive VR + X52Pro (somethimes just monitor and Kb/M also) and ED is best VR experience I had. I can say it is just one step before Project Cars and Assetto Corsa which are also great.

Regarding Labour of Love I voted for Path of Exile, but Warframe guys are also close.

Best developer - Rockstar Games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is just masterpeace in many areas. Amount of small final details they've put in the game is amazing.

I would definitelly vote for Blizzard as a total failure this year if I could.

HAL.jpg

I'm afraid I can't do that, Stuart.

Unless you keep your right eye constantly closed, the VR situation isn’t terribly compelling in Beta currently. ...I’m sad to say.

Flimley

Unless you keep your right eye constantly closed, the VR situation isn’t terribly compelling in Beta currently. ...I’m sad to say.

Flimley

When did you last run Beta? Am not seeing any issue like that. What scenario are you seeing the glitches? I'd like to test! Thanks

@Op, Voted, by far the best experience, and I have spent a lot on VR titles. Probably next in line would be Aerofly, that is insanely good with the Vulcan rendering and Photo realistic terrain, the closest you can get to actually being on the flight deck, still blows my mind everytime I use it (a friend of mine who is scared of flying just couldn't handle performing a take off on-board an A320) it freaked him out.. It's just nuts that sims have become that real, didn't expect it in my lifetime.

Lone Echo should probably win though in all fairness, it's just that it is not an open world sim.

2zzlsol.jpg

2u9nazr.jpg

Last edited:

sollisb

Banned
When did you last run Beta? Am not seeing any issue like that. What scenario are you seeing the glitches? I'd like to test! Thanks

@Op, Voted, by far the best experience, and I have spent a lot on VR titles. Probably next in line would be Aerofly, that is insanely good with the Vulcan rendering and Photo realistic terrain, the closest you can get to actually being on the flight deck, still blows my mind everytime I use it (a friend of mine who is scared of flying just couldn't handle performing a take off on-board an A320) it freaked him out.. It's just nuts that sims have become that real, didn't expect it in my lifetime.

Lone Echo should probably win though in all fairness, it's just that it is not an open world sim.

Aside of the VR... Aerofly good ?

Top Bottom