VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

If Big - why dump the VR players now?
I don't think they did. I think they dumped VR back in 2018, when they were deciding what would go in the Next Era, and conventional wisdom was that VR was a damp squib and would be dead by 2020. And 2018 is when the infamous David Braben interview occurred:

Since then, of course, VR has recovered a little of its momentum. I think so anyway. Fingers crossed that Frontier can be persuaded to agree.

I think we matter a bit more than a player who has played the game for a month
Come back when you have played for 4000 hours, all in VR
Sorry, I don't spend money on quickly dying fads. Especially ones that after trying them failed to impress me in any way, shape, or form after the first 5 minutes. Then again, I didn't buy into the VirtualBoy, Power Glove, or 3D ( in any of it's attempts ). But thanks for the idea anyway.
Also, pretty sure I've played more than a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll just leave this here. It's far from dying out. It's growing.
It's interesting that the largest vendor for VR is Sony. Meaning the largest VR market in the world by far. Prolly means price, accessibility in company trust is a huge factor in this thing going forward. If Sony was out of the race it would be a bleaker picture.

I

Playstation VR isn't the best VR setup out there, but I think it says something about making it more accessible (easy setup etc ..).

I'm excited to see what the true second generation of headsets brings. You can see why Facebook has got behind the Quest as it's main offering.

Playstation VR isn't the best VR setup out there, but I think it says something about making it more accessible (easy setup etc ..).

I'm excited to see what the true second generation of headsets brings. You can see why Facebook has got behind the Quest as it's main offering.

Yea I'll be interested in seeing what the next gen resident evil 7 vr experience will be. It was the game that got me to pay attention to the tech and buy a psvr.

Back
Top Bottom