Newcomer / Intro Vulture - pulse, burst or beam?

Usual wisdom is that you should engineer the Power Distributer using Charge Enhanced with Super Conduits.

+1

A few other observations on the build.
No chaff?

Unless you are planning to run shield cell banks (and you should consider it) you should fill almost all of those optional slots with hull reinforcement packages and at least one large module reinforcement package.

AMFU is a waste since you won't have the range to stray far from a station anyhow, so just repair there.

Use thermal or reinforced* engineering on the shield gen, and consider a thermal biweave generator instead.
*For reinforced you will probably want to use your boosters to even up the resistances, but that requires more engineering.

The A rated sensors are overkill for your build, I'd suggest D rated to save power and mass.

Thanks again. Mr. Bojangles is only going to HRESs: I have no intention of fighting with him anywhere else. I also don't have all the engineers open yet so I'll need to establish what I can and can't do.

This is my Vulture. Engineered in Colonia to shave of some mental fatigue due to thousands of clicks while pushing the research there
Really liked it. Damn effective killing wings of wanted locals in a nav beacon. Did not tried it in a CZ tho.

Now i'm wondering if it's worth to transfer it to bubble or to make him a clone.

I started working on a Vulture last night. I'm not really a fan, but I wanted to give it a second look. I'm settling into a fixed efficient beam and a double shot pacifier.

My question is about how to engineer the distributor. I usually g5 charge enhanced with super caps but I noticed that maybe an engine focused distributor might be better. What blueprints are you using on your vultures?

Beam and Pacifier on vulture, whats the intended use ?
If its PvE go with Overcharged Multi cannons and efficient pulse or dual oc MC's works great too, no need to dive too deep into it.
If its PvP go with dual efficient Plasma's with target lock breakers and Dispersal field alternatively Dual fixed frags / Pacifiers are good but i'd stick with efficient plasma's mostly.

As for the distributor, its charge enhance with super conduits experimental effect all the way.

Don't go double shot, it empties ammo fast, unless you could afford synthesis, Overcharged is better.

I was running dual pacifiers but was having a little trouble downing Annie's and bricks, so I added a fixed beam. Shields go down quicker now.

Your build is very similar to mine. Only difference really is I'm using a size 4 and size 5 SBC.

I had no PACs in Colonia :/ and the blueprint pinned for frags was doubleshot hence the G3 only... which reminds me that i should change that to overcharged.
Anyways, I help my frags by ramming everytime the opportunity is favorable. It really drops enemy shields faster.
Having gimbaled means that i can fly a little more evasive without paying too much attention to aim. And chaffs do not really matters since i fire those frags at pointblank.

The hull is strong enough so i can keep fighting even after my shields drop.

For RES bounty farming, long range pulse lasers all the way if your goal is to make money as fast as possible and/or to get a fast kill rate for ranking up. forget about the hull reinforcement. Instead, fill all spare slots with module reinforcements to stop your canopy getting blown out.

One thing to consider when using efficient beams, is that they suffer from some pretty killer damage fall off.

By 1 kilometer, their damage is roughly equal to a standard, unmodified beam laser. [...]

This is true, but you use the Vulture's strength here. It is very agile and excellent at closing that gap while keeping out of your enemy's fire arcs. Then fire to your heart's content with efficient and enjoy that DPS boost.

I dont accept anything as "best", its all down to flying style and engineering levels. The more someone raves about how brilliant a load-out is, the less notice I pay to them.
Virtually ALL weapons are pretty damned good if they suit who and how you fight (or you fly to suit the weapons). Rather go to back to first principles:
1) In a fight, you want your PD to be constantly recharging but not empty. If your PD is full, you are wasting energy that should be applied to the enemy. If your PD is empty, you are wasting time on target. All the weapons fit somewhere on a sliding scale from Turreted Beams that will munch your PD through to Fixed Canonns which wont touch it.
2) Check what range you fight at. If you ninja about flying at 10m from the tail pipe of your enemy, then go for the short range weapons or engineering they will pack a real punch. If you snipe from 2km, then you want the long range weapons with good or no fall-off and mods to suit.
3) Balanced Damage. Maybe not so much of an issue in Rez, but something to consider esp in CZ. No point in stripping shields in 5 seconds if it then takes 5 mins to chip away the hull, and no point in having 1 shot hull destruction if you cant get throught their shields. Vultures are particularly sensitive to balance as you only have the 2 hard points, its hard to fine tune.

I have mats for any engineering I like, so would start off with the boring "Meta" Efficient Beam and a OC Corrosive MC, but I would be happy to consider a Frag or maybe a Canonn instead of the MC, or maybe drop the Corrosive if I was restricted by PD to not firing both.
My flying style (its rubbish) means Rails and Plasma are just out of the question.

I forgot to mention that beams will also get you unfriendly fire bounties against you, which are a real pain, so definitely something not something to use in a high RES for bounty farming.

I forgot to mention that beams will also get you unfriendly fire bounties against you, which are a real pain, so definitely something not something to use in a high RES for bounty farming.

Think I have a couple of thousand NPC kills with beams and I have never had an issue with that. If anything beams are fairly forgiving as it is very easy to see where you will end up firing.

Think I have a couple of thousand NPC kills with beams and I have never had an issue with that. If anything beams are fairly forgiving as it is very easy to see where you will end up firing.
Really, you need to spend a bit more time there. I have a bit more experience than you, having claimed 82,792 bounties and earned 6,697,220,747 Cr from them. I spent literally thousands of hours testing different ships, weapons and strategies to establish optimal ways to farm bounties. I'm a tier 5 bounty hunter in Inara, which puts me in the top 10 out of 16,000 players. I'm probably number 1. Maybe all that fighting has made me punch drunk, so I can't see things for how they are.

Really, you need to spend a bit more time there. I have a bit more experience than you, having claimed 82,792 bounties and earned 6,697,220,747 Cr from them. I spent literally thousands of hours testing different ships, weapons and strategies to establish optimal ways to farm bounties. I'm a tier 5 bounty hunter in Inara, which puts me in the top 10 out of 16,000 players. I'm probably number 1. Maybe all that fighting has made me punch drunk, so I can't see things for how they are.

Well, you're the one that hits friendly ships.

Top Bottom