Water is not getting cleaned

Hi!
I am currently playing the (4th? 5th?) scenario (the Africa crater one) where there is a big lake in the middle of the map, spreading to multiple habitats. I've got a problem with that lake - it is not getting cleaner. I do have (multiple) working water cleaning stations covering the water area. The habitat cleanliness goes up for a bit but it will decrease again, causing me to constantly get messages that my habitat is dirty and my animals are at risk of getting ill. I am really fed up with this right now, what am I doing wrong?!
A picture of my map: Source: https://i.imgur.com/i2zUvfC.png

Is there poop or rotten food in the water?
I can’t check right now cause I just down my laptop, but I’ll check tomorrow. I’ve read about that problem though and the solution is to remove the water and add it in again when it’s cleaned, but I can’t remove the water here.

I can’t check right now cause I just poopoo down my laptop, but I’ll check tomorrow. I’ve read about that problem though and the solution is to remove the water and add it in again when it’s cleaned, but I can’t remove the water here.

Yeah still curious if this is what is causing it though.

I have finished this level now and had the exact same problem, the two enclosures on this had medical problems every year. I put 4 water treatments in range but no change, I think it was poop in the water and the keepers not being able to reach it as I had the same on the previous level.

I have found no way to remove/add water in career mode on this level as it is locked for a reason. If you just get more vets and vet buildings and research the disease you can get through it. I am loving the level after this one so far.

Hooray, another player with the problem. I thought I was the only one. It must be a bug. It occurs to me as soon as I bring a new species to my zoo. It also doesn't matter which animal species and in which enclosure I put it. I've installed 16 water filters and the water stays dirty, all animals get sick, the doctors are overwhelmed and I lose this level. I have now restarted the level 6 times and always the same problem. So the game is no longer playable for me at this point. -.-

🤔 I had the same problem (water never clean) but I was still able to complete the level on gold stars. I had to hire some more vets but they were pretty efficient at healing all the sick animals, even with at least 3-4 of them sick at the same time, constantly. I even had 1-2 new species in each habitat as well, so extra poop.

This definitely needs to get fixed, but it is also still possible to finish the level on gold.

Just got gold on this level. Very annoying level. Had issues with keepers getting stuck and the dirty water, despite having plenty of filters.

I was just looking for this because I'm experiencing it right now. Deleted everything in the entire enclosure to see if maybe there was something hiding under a rock, but it's all clear. Seems to be inside of the water.

Having that issue right now and it made me rage-quit the game, tbh. Third tutorial scenario (the one with the pandas) it tells me the Macaques enclosure is dirty, when I click the notification it sends me to the enclosure in water heat map. the water filter is displayed orange, the water blue, according to that it's clean. I sent the keeper in, they stand, look around and leave. Enclosure is not being cleaned. Animals are getting sick, the cleanliness is stuck at 48% and nothing I do, does change anything. I have then taken the water out of the two pools, which raised cleanliness to 50% but that's where it is stuck now. Again, calling in the keeper does NOTHING and I don't actually SEE any poop or anything around the enclosure.

I've given up now. I guess I won't touch the game again until at least some bugs get fixed, because I'm not keen on playing the early access game with this title.

Having this same issue with this scenario! And also an issue with increasing the education. Maybe there is something buggy with the heat maps/radiuses for things?

Well, my water was suddenly clean again, for a while, then it just dropped right back down while I did not change anything about the water refreshment installations. This scenario was a pain in the ... really. I just made sure to focus on the objectives (they aren't too hard) and not focusing on the animal welfare anymore. So I 3-starred it, park is an absolute mess but I'll gladly move on to the next one ;)

Having that issue right now and it made me rage-quit the game, tbh. Third tutorial scenario (the one with the pandas) it tells me the Macaques enclosure is dirty, when I click the notification it sends me to the enclosure in water heat map. the water filter is displayed orange, the water blue, according to that it's clean. I sent the keeper in, they stand, look around and leave. Enclosure is not being cleaned. Animals are getting sick, the cleanliness is stuck at 48% and nothing I do, does change anything. I have then taken the water out of the two pools, which raised cleanliness to 50% but that's where it is stuck now. Again, calling in the keeper does NOTHING and I don't actually SEE any poop or anything around the enclosure.

I had this problem too and, in my case, the poop was hiding inside their shelter. Macaques has no problem accessing it, but it seemed to count as “climbing space” so the workers couldn’t access the shelter. What I did was deleting the ramps and walls of the entrance and made a normal door instead. The keepers were able to enter the shelter and clean and I didn’t had any more problems.

I obviously don’t know if it’s the same for you, but I thought of sharing in case it could help.

Now, I’m having problems with poop on the water too...first “real” career scenario, the 4th one that it’s not marked as a tutorial. In a very centric area I have this simple but beautiful habitat for peacocks. I have 15 of them, they are happy and active, and they even have a super cute little bridge to cross a river that flows through it. I love this habitat.

But year after year, the river have been wasted with poo. The keeper can’t clean it, I can’t delete the water because you can’t touch terrain in this scenario and the enclosure is more and more dirty. My animals are getting sick and I’m out of options. The water is filtered correctly (and the peacocks even acknowledge that their water quality is good) but on the eyes of the game, there’s plenty of poop in the ground, so the enclosure is dirty.

Managed to keep the bar high enough for a while cleaning the rest constantly, but it doesn’t work anymore. The water is full of poop and there’s literally zero options to clean it. Very frustrating.

I had this problem too and, in my case, the poop was hiding inside their shelter. Macaques has no problem accessing it, but it seemed to count as “climbing space” so the workers couldn’t access the shelter. What I did was deleting the ramps and walls of the entrance and made a normal door instead. The keepers were able to enter the shelter and clean and I didn’t had any more problems.

Great tip for this scenario! I did something similar..... rotated the whole darned shelter so the open back became available for the keepers to enter. They went right in and cleaned up hidden poop.

Thank you so much for the tip. I'll give it a go later and see if that solves my issue. :)

Same issue here, having it on almost every career mission since any deep water inside a habitat will mostly cause it, as soon as animals poo inside and nor the water plants nor the staff will do anything to clean them.

In sandbox you can still remove/add water back but in Career most of the time you cannot edit the water so it's impossible to get rid of it.

I'd recommend everyone leaving a reply here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/8027 so they can verify this is an issue affecting a lot of people.

I was wondering what was going on. Kept thinking I had something set up wrong on the fifth scenario. I replied to the issue tracker. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Top Bottom