Weapons balancing

Thread i was thinking about for some time, in pvp forum, not because i think it not affect other parts of the game, in I hope positive way, but because pvp-ers have more combat experiance to judge.
My personal list:
0: Revert reinforced shield and heavy duty boosters to pre 3.0 level.
1: Reduction of absolute damage in plasma acceleretors by 10-20%.
2: Removal of damage buff from corrosive effect.
3. Change how long range mod on hitcan weapons work, no longer 100% damage at maxiumum range, suggestions for better numbers?
4. Longer reload time on packhounds and maybe longer lock time, no synthesis for seekers and hounds, or MAYBE synthesis long as chaff and heatsinks.
5. Reduced distributor draw for ecm, now it's uselesss on hybrid becouse of "low power".
6. Increased ammo pools for ALL weapons.
7. Not direcly weapons balance part, but allowing engineering of module reinforcments.
8. Changes to sturdy mount making it usefull outside torpedoes, weakening of lr mod. It would affect hitscan in practice only, so it make it less auto choice over focused and sturdy. Suggestions?
9. Slighty Increased speeds of torpedoes (10-20%?), maybe doubled ammo?
10. Slighty (ca 10-15%) reduced base distributor draw for all lasers.

0) at least halve it, or even reduce it to 25%
1) yes
2) yes
3) 50% reduction of falloff, not 100%
4) both packhounds and seekers
5) yes
6) yes, especially cannons
7) yes
8) yes
9) yes
10) yes, perhaps even 20%

additional:
reduce damage output of frags. seriously, the alpha damage is too good against unhardened targets, especially in combination with a shield reduce
reduce number of SCBs

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I'm just gonna touch on two points.
1. Starting a list with 0 triggers my OCD. Please don't do this. Thank you! :geek:
2. The issue with the LR mod (#3) isn't the damage imho. It's the accuracy of the mini-gimbal. The mini-gimbal needs some tweaking to make it less accurate depending on distance.

Do something with the mining lance, everyone i ask saying is it worth getting all say no.
FDL with mines is definitely not worth trying, if that's what you meant :) But If you meant PP weapons then i think there are more of them than just Torval laser that need some love, retributor for example.

Change in view of TC (Thermal Conduit).
50% Buff on Lasers is high but in the lines cause lasers are weak atm anyways.
but 50% Buff in view of Plasmas is just ridicilous.

the damage volley of a Meta FDL with 4 Plasmas is 391 (calculating the class 2 overcharged and the rest efficiant)
so with TC > 50% higher we are on insane 586
which leads to a raw shield damage with 4 pips of 150 mj 😱

Last edited:
Change in view of TC (Thermal Conduit).
50% Buff on Lasers is high but in the lines cause lasers are weak atm anyways.
but 50% Buff in view of Plasmas is just ridicilous.

the damage volley of a Meta FDL with 4 Plasmas is 391 (calculating the class 2 overcharged and the rest efficiant)
so with TC > 50% higher we are on insane 586
which leads to a raw shield damage with 4 pips of 150 mj 😱
I only suggested small buff to laser efficiency, but also reduction of lr fallof, and make it more in line with focused, primarily becouse with how strong rails are with microgimbal effect and module snipe. I agree lasers are too weak now, but right now no other mod is used for hitscan, except some srb rails builds. Alternative is not touching LR but rather weakeining of microgimbal at max ranges, but the letter is proapably harder to implement than changing some # in game.
Does thermal conduit bonus is veriable depending on how over 100% ship run? I know some thwermal conduit builds have sick damage output, even FAS with 3 sr pa's that can run them on 2 HS without much overheating is nice. but i m curious about details.

in the actual game mechanic you get the 50% buff when pulling the trigger at 101% or above. there is no second buff level. we did very detailed tests in view of this in the last week.
lasers and pa same btw. >= 101% heat when firing = 50% buff
this is broken in my book and it was definitely different in the past.

well if you go this step further and add the the damage buff from premium at the top then one TC FDL makes even the same damage as TWO standard meta FDL 🤦‍♂️
761,8 damage one volley of 4 PAs :poop:

10k mj base prism cutter shields are working as intended too, that's why i made this thread :) What i want to see is one of dev's pvping in his gimbal efficient lasers build against cutter that decide to not shoot beck, just to see how long it take to remove those shields :)
I forget in the list about mines, old arming times was good.

well i am afraid many of the actuel engineering is aimed at targoids and not pvp. espacially in view of shields... 🤔

0: Can't be done because godfathering I mean grandfathering.
1: Sure
2: No strong opinion either way
3: Maybe, but then hitscan weapons would suck even more than they already do.
4: Maybe a SLIGHT reload increase, but NO to canceling synth.
5: Yes
6: Yes
7: MORE engineering? No thanks. Rather they just buff MRPs and GMRPs
8: Sure
9: Speed increase AND double ammo would be a little much but either of them on their own would be fine.
10: Sure

I would add:
11: Make heal beams have a distro increase equal to their healing bonus.
12: Make TLB only effect missile locks and subtargeting. Its just annoying when it effect normal targeting and doesn't really do much.
13: Give cannons incendiary.
14: Double the ammo of shock cannons in addition to any ammo buffs.
15: Increase the optimal multiplier of clean drives a bit. Give drive strengthening a LOT of optimal mass increase and a tiny bit of optimal multiplier increase. This would allow all 3 drives to be used. Dirty for speed, Clean for stealth/low heat, strengthening for heavy ships and hull tanks.

Thread i was thinking about for some time, in pvp forum, not because i think it not affect other parts of the game, in I hope positive way, but because pvp-ers have more combat experiance to judge.
My personal list:
0: Revert reinforced shield and heavy duty boosters to pre 3.0 level.
1: Reduction of absolute damage in plasma acceleretors by 10-20%.
2: Removal of damage buff from corrosive effect.
3. Change how long range mod on hitcan weapons work, no longer 100% damage at maxiumum range, suggestions for better numbers?
4. Longer reload time on packhounds and maybe longer lock time, no synthesis for seekers and hounds, or MAYBE synthesis long as chaff and heatsinks.
5. Reduced distributor draw for ecm, now it's uselesss on hybrid becouse of "low power".
6. Increased ammo pools for ALL weapons.
7. Not direcly weapons balance part, but allowing engineering of module reinforcments.
8. Changes to sturdy mount making it usefull outside torpedoes, weakening of lr mod. It would affect hitscan in practice only, so it make it less auto choice over focused and sturdy. Suggestions?
9. Slighty Increased speeds of torpedoes (10-20%?), maybe doubled ammo?
10. Slighty (ca 10-15%) reduced base distributor draw for all lasers.

0 - Yes.
1 - Hmmm.... Yes.
2 - What damage? Corrosive shells just reducing a "hardness".
3 - LR multiplier must be 1.5x, no 2x.
4 - No
5 - Yes
6 - for Cannons, Railguns, Enforcers.
7 - No! MRPs in balance now.
8 - Good idea for fixed sturdy weapon: increase "micro-gimballed" effect, enlarge a radius of micro-aiming. For torps: increase ammo size (+1).
9 - 300 m/s is enough. Not need to enlarge ammo size but need a synthese torps (very long, 3+ minutes).
10 - No.

Top Bottom