ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

Hi,

I'm not sure where to report forum problems.

I want to change my Forum Avatar, but each time I upload a new one, the old one comes back.

I have tried deleting my old one. Then my avatar is just a D
But even after an hour, when I try to upload a new avatar, the old one still appears.

One difference in my avatar is that the old one is a multi frame GIF.
It displays on the forum with only the first frame.
When I try to upload a new one, other frames scroll by for a moment and then it sticks to the first frame again.

If the new forum doesn't support muli-frame GIF avatars, then can I please have mine changed to:
Source: https://i.imgur.com/VU7gi8T.jpg

Jenner

Volunteer Moderator
Hi,

I want to change my Forum Avatar, but each time I upload a new one, the old one comes back.

But even after an hour, when I try to upload a new avatar, the old one still appears.

When I try to upload a new one, other frames scroll by for a moment and then it sticks to the first frame again.

If the new forum doesn't support muli-frame GIF avatars, then can I please have mine changed to:

It's a known problem with the new forum's caching of avatars. There are multiple threads on the issue in the forum feedback section. FD know about it, and I hope they find a fix soon.

Hi,

Not important. Load the new GIF (even multi-image) and even if the old one comes back in place of the new, do not touch anything.

Everything will come normally in 24 (or a little less/more) hours.

Finally according to my personal experience.

Brett C

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi,

Throw all forum support related questions to this forum: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/forum-support/ - thanks! :)

Quality of Life Changes with the New Forum:

Having used the New Forum system for ..... has it only been a week ? ..... I must say I like the following improvements:

Direct posting of images again ...hooray! ... so long as you convert them to jpegs.

A useful notification system to new posts. I can return to the forum and see the alerts to new messages, likes, etc. by viewing the list and, if necessary, viewing them one by one, straight to the comment even if it is buried among many subsequent posts.

The ability to type a message (as here), or to reply to one, is quick and easy.

The use of colors for emphasis is really handy.

I still dislike the white on black default for DD. It's acceptable for short paragraphs, but a serious eyestrain for walls of text.

But overall, a job well done (y)

For my part I like the white writing on black background that I use for years on the Frontier forum.

And the black writing on a white background is something quite normal (always for me). It is as if I am on the Microsoft office suite or on the web pages of the majority of sites.

I adjust the brightness and contrast of my screen for the comfort.

:)

Three points that are irritating with the Alerts list:

1 "There may be more posts after this" ...... in every .... single ..... alert. We don't need it over and over.

2 If a moderator posts a comment, they are referred to as "The OP replied "

3 We also don't need a word count for the replies every time.

If you can fix these as QOL improvements, the alerts will be more concise.

Last edited:
Is there also a fix that takes you to the actual post in the notification. I very notified that someone has commented on your post only to find I have to manually look for it rather than it going directly to the quote etc

Is there also a fix that takes you to the actual post in the notification. I very notified that someone has commented on your post only to find I have to manually look for it rather than it going directly to the quote etc
If you click on the highlighted text in orange, it should take you directly to the relevant post. At least it does for me :)

If you click on the highlighted text in orange, it should take you directly to the relevant post. At least it does for me :)
Is not working for me. I'm using s9 android on pie os. It's rather bizarre. But I do have an app that can record my screen I'll try and get a video linked in here so you can see

Is not working for me. I'm using s9 android on pie os. It's rather bizarre. But I do have an app that can record my screen I'll try and get a video linked in here so you can see
Works for me on a Google Pixel 2 XL on Android Pie (9.x). I'm using Chrome for Android, not the default 'Browser'. It did, in fact, bring me directly to this post I'm replying to.

Works for me on a Google Pixel 2 XL on Android Pie (9.x). I'm using Chrome for Android, not the default 'Browser'. It did, in fact, bring me directly to this post I'm replying to.
I've just unninstalled and reinstalled my browser and it's working now. Woohoo. It's the simple things in life that make me smile

Top Bottom