ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
On this new forum format how do we cancel a post we’ve started but decided against?
There does not seem to be a cancel button...
A post that has been written but hasn't been posted yet can be cancelled by deleting the content in the reply text box. If needed you can use the floppy disk button above the text box to delete any drafts, in case a draft is saved automatically.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
The most common reason is the size and the weight.

Collapse with a GIF editor.

Until 500KB and until to 400 * 400 pixels, look good.

Load into your profile and wait for the next day because the cache on the server is very slow.

:)
thanks for the info.
The DW2 small gif is only 233KB and its 100px x 100px.
250 frames

so that should work? or do i delete some frames?

OK I optimized it down to 165KB still 100x100 but now just 104 frames.
Still get this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Patrick what are the specs of yours that you obviously got to upload?

Last edited:
thanks for the info.
The DW2 small gif is only 233KB and its 100px x 100px.
250 frames

so that should work? or do i delete some frames?

OK I optimized it down to 165KB still 100x100 but now just 104 frames.
Still get this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Patrick what are the specs of yours that you obviously got to upload?

You are well beyond the number of frames, it seems. I think Cmdr Para Handy also had that kind of problem. The number of frames is limited in a GIF.

Cmdr Para Handy said in this thread : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/how-do-i-change-my-avatar.507725/

"My 4 frame animated gif seems to work OK. I tried a 5 frame one and it still has not showed up, maybe the file size was too big so I am going to rework it and try again.

The main thing is that it doesn't appear to have accepted your "browsed-to" file but then after a rally (REALLY) long time the gif miraculously manifests.

EDIT: Sure enough, as soon as I mention it here the 5-frame one materialises. So that is about 500Kb, 5 frames, 400x400, mixed colour palettes, 6 sec delay, not "optimized" and took nearly a day to appear on here.

SECOND EDIT - Now the 5-frame one has vanished again and it is back to the 4-frame one. Maybe it will settle down soon. This board seems to like messing about."

You are well beyond the number of frames, it seems. I think Cmdr Para Handy also had that kind of problem. The number of frames is limited in a GIF.

..condensed for brevity...

SECOND EDIT - Now the 5-frame one has vanished again and it is back to the 4-frame one. Maybe it will settle down soon. This board seems to like messing about."

Thanks for this info. So this IS a new limitation of the new forums. A lot of us DW2-ers had these gif avatars on the old ones and no one tweaked the files. Guess I'll go back to the un-animated avatar. Appreciate your info sir!

Thanks for this info. So this IS a new limitation of the new forums. A lot of us DW2-ers had these gif avatars on the old ones and no one tweaked the files. Guess I'll go back to the un-animated avatar. Appreciate your info sir!

My pleasure of course.

Maybe you can start a conversation with Cmdr Para Handy for more details regarding the number of the frames in a GIF ?

:)

Last edited:
Who misses the Elite Ranking an dForum PVP?

The in Game space station would be ideal to interact via avatars.

So many game spoiler everytime someone discovers something in game take pleasure in ruining it for everyone else .

What I expressed difficulty using the fuel scoop in Original game people just laugh at me. In COD people call you noob when game is out all of 5mins. No body cooperates. Unless you encounter a clan then you ar sunk to many cheats.

TERRIBLE decision not to allow us to keep a light theme when viewing the Elite forums. I absolutely hate black backgrounds for reading, and the old forums allowed me to avoid that, unlike this new version.

Awful.

Same for me. To the extent that it is making my eyes tired soon after trying to get used to it. I'll check back from time to time in the hope that we get a choice but, until we do, I'm gone.

You can no longer see when you joined the forum which i really liked.
Wat?

XgRsDge.png

I find the new search capability pretty useless. I have several times over the last couple of weeks wanted to check posts from over the last 3 years, none of them were found with the new forum/search tool. Google didn’t find them either, so I’m guessing we have been snipped.

When we open the Forums and click on the 'Elite Dangerous' specific section panel/link...why oh why do we have to wade through Planet Coaster and Dino posts to sift out the ED posts...can't the 'New Posts' section be game specific when clicked on?

The mobile experience sure did get a supreme boost from these forum upgrades. Much easier to participate here for me now. Thanks!

Confused by the update. I see my clone’s krait has a new class 1 equipment slot; can fit a docking computer (in outfitting under “flight assist”) but couldn’t see the SC Assist that I was looking for. Is that only available in some stations?

When we open the Forums and click on the 'Elite Dangerous' specific section panel/link...why oh why do we have to wade through Planet Coaster and Dino posts to sift out the ED posts...can't the 'New Posts' section be game specific when clicked on?
That hasn't changed then from the old forums? What a shame. :confused:

Top Bottom