What about the new discovery system?

If you read what I said initially , I`m not getting an option to enter fss scan mode in my command keys, just one to leave it. I jump in to a system , throttle to 0 , wait , maybe get a few bodies in the system pop up but the fss scanner doesn`t initiate. Gonging with the ADS will tell me how many bodies are in the orbital plane, but I`ll still get no visual on them on system map unless they`re really close.
Then fix the FSS keybind to enter it. That and switching from combat to discovery mode and you are in like Flint. There isn't a auto-initiate and you must intiate it with a single key or mouse stroke. You did that old routine through DW2? You never asked one of the other members of the expedition? Yeah, maybe I'm dense, but it still doesn't add up.

EDIT. Apologies to you, Balky, you are not the original poster (thus my initial response) and that I didn't catch.

Last edited:
Then fix the FSS keybind to enter it. That and switching from combat to discovery mode and you are in like Flint. There isn't a auto-initiate and you must intiate it with a single key or mouse stroke. You did that old routine through DW2? You never asked one of the other members of the expedition? Yeah, maybe I'm dense, but it still doesn't add up.

EDIT. Apologies to you, Balky, you are not the original poster (thus my initial response) and that I didn't catch.

No worries, but if you`ve got any ideas how to fix it

I`m not getting an option to enter fss scan mode in my command keys, just one to leave it

It's located under 'Mode Switches'.

Screenshot_0082.jpg

Just to add, I'm a dedicated explorer. I took a break about 18 months ago, and I am now mightily confused...

Basically the devs decided exploring was too easy and too many people were just dinging the doorbell and running, so they made exploring 3x as hard and tiresome. They also decided unless you spent your time being bored and frustrated , as well as following the new tedious routine you weren`t going to get rewarded for discovering systems and scanning the planets , just to add to it they borked the ADS too.

Basically the devs decided exploring was too easy and too many people were just dinging the doorbell and running, so they made exploring 3x as hard and tiresome. They also decided unless you spent your time being bored and frustrated , as well as following the new tedious routine you weren`t going to get rewarded for discovering systems and scanning the planets , just to add to it they borked the ADS too.
Well I think that sums up the intent of this thread pretty well. It was never about how does it work, it was about why you don't like it. That is fine, I'll just shut up and continue on my merry way.

Well I think that sums up the intent of this thread pretty well. It was never about how does it work, it was about why you don't like it. That is fine, I'll just shut up and continue on my merry way.
Nope my thing was entirely about my fss scanner issues , the fact I have a slightly cynical view ( borne out by some of the dev teams comments when the changes were made ) of the new process is completely irrelevant .

Thanks for your help anyway .

Top Bottom