Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I have won the interdictions the few times it's happened in the T9 so far. I shut down the throttle to 25%, makes it easier.

But I did have one interdiction that went on and on and on...the longest I've ever fought one. I won in the end, but wow. I think I might have recorded it somewhere...

I have won the interdictions the few times it's happened in the T9 so far. I shut down the throttle to 25%, makes it easier.

But I did have one interdiction that went on and on and on...the longest I've ever fought one. I won in the end, but wow. I think I might have recorded it somewhere...
In my experience, 25% power is quite below the Brick's ideal corner speed of about 40% power. Either way when fully loaded it's a REALLY tough go breaking interdiction - do you find better success at 25%? (Scratches chin) I wonder if the NPC might overshoot at those speeds - worthy of looking into!

I found the video. 1 minute 53 seconds, haha.

I'm no expert in T9's, I've only had it for a short while. I just tend to use 25% throttle during interdictions in general. I have a theory (probably wrong) that it shortens the tether, ie brings the attacker closer to my tail, and that makes winning easier.

Here's the video of my struggle. I shoulda been rolling more, I see that watching it back!

Source: https://youtu.be/3z6l85Hp_Tw

Started the day looking for gankers I could shoot at, but they seem to be hiding somewhere, and the few ones I saw high waked once I got behind them. Then I went back to Jameson and removed the dust from my old T-10, and did a little maintenance. It's basically useless because I've fitted only frag cannons, and combined with the agility of a Blue Whale, the only way to hit the opponent is to wait until they come really close. However, the suckers that do that are doomed. All the frags (nine) are G5 engineered with rapid fire / incendiary rounds, making quite a spectacular show once I fire a broadside. In all it's rude simplicity it's actually a pretty fun build. After taking down a few Elite ships I finally got upgraded to dangerous. Now I just need to kill a "few" thousand NpCs until I eventually get my last Elite rank.

It certainly won't be killing gankers that will get me there. My classic hunting grounds, like Shinrarta and Deciat seems to be empty these days. Have any of you been ganked recently, and in that case where?

Have since found 2 more. You wait a few years with nothing, then, like buses....
There's a FC on it's way to an area with a high density of BH. Perhaps it's the same one.
He doesn't say where,though.And since neither do you, who knows?🤷‍♂️ :)

There's a FC on it's way to an area with a high density of BH. Perhaps it's the same one.
He doesn't say where,though.And since neither do you, who knows?🤷‍♂️ :)

I guess we're both just strange and intriguing CMDRS.

(does mysterious movements)

Came up on the roof to get a better view.

0A146601-F289-40AF-9946-5B34E88ACD71.jpeg

In my experience, 25% power is quite below the Brick's ideal corner speed of about 40% power. Either way when fully loaded it's a REALLY tough go breaking interdiction - do you find better success at 25%? (Scratches chin) I wonder if the NPC might overshoot at those speeds - worthy of looking into!
My theory is that if you are going really slowly in supercruise the interdictor gets too close and as the interdiction beam is effectively a cone the closer they are the narrower the cone is so you don't have to travel so far to get out of it.

I got all the power-based modules on the Cobra up to A-rating (except maybe for sensors) and I ended up being 0.98MW in the red. I didn't get a warning though so I thought it was an acceptable limit to crawl along with. After taking a pirate mission and being attacked, I realised my engines would completely shut down every time I armed up so I just headed away at speed while trying to figure a way to save the mission. Eventually I remembered that you could turn modules off so I dropped the AFM and life support before turning around to collect the bounty. It was really weird without life support though. Everything went silent and all I could hear was my guy's breathing under the helmet. It's a very strange alternative to normal combat.

Eventually I realised I only needed the AFM off as I was approaching the station in the next system to complete the mission. It might be okay to leave it off anyway. I've only used it once and still got killed. Maybe you can turn it back on on those rare occasions where you're dead in the water and don't have a guy stalking you.

I only started taking pirate missions this weekend but it's something new and good training. Although I did take an Elite wing mission as an experiment and that..er...did not end well..

Started the day looking for gankers I could shoot at, but they seem to be hiding somewhere, and the few ones I saw high waked once I got behind them. Then I went back to Jameson and removed the dust from my old T-10, and did a little maintenance. It's basically useless because I've fitted only frag cannons, and combined with the agility of a Blue Whale, the only way to hit the opponent is to wait until they come really close. However, the suckers that do that are doomed. All the frags (nine) are G5 engineered with rapid fire / incendiary rounds, making quite a spectacular show once I fire a broadside. In all it's rude simplicity it's actually a pretty fun build. After taking down a few Elite ships I finally got upgraded to dangerous. Now I just need to kill a "few" thousand NpCs until I eventually get my last Elite rank.

It certainly won't be killing gankers that will get me there. My classic hunting grounds, like Shinrarta and Deciat seems to be empty these days. Have any of you been ganked recently, and in that case where?
Wow. Maybe you caught wind of it after this post but Deciat crawled with gankers tonight. My little iEagle got nuked a couple of times before I quickly jumped into solo for maybe 20 minutes while I travelled between Garay Terminal and Farseer Inc. It's only a 100k insurance claim but I couldn't be bothered with that nonsense.

Fortunately the Cobra got through unscathed first time around so both ships got a little bit of engineering work.

I think some of you guys were around though, according to the chat. At least one ganker bit the dust.

Wow. Maybe you caught wind of it after this post but Deciat crawled with gankers tonight. My little iEagle got nuked a couple of times before I quickly jumped into solo for maybe 20 minutes while I travelled between Garay Terminal and Farseer Inc. It's only a 100k insurance claim but I couldn't be bothered with that nonsense.

Fortunately the Cobra got through unscathed first time around so both ships got a little bit of engineering work.

I think some of you guys were around though, according to the chat. At least one ganker bit the dust.
I have only one rule when fighting. I never start a fight. I might provoke but I never hit anyone that hasn't hit me first. It's probably stupid, but it's one of the few illusions about this planet I've got left, so it's sacred. Yesterday, as you noticed, there was a lot of action at Deciat. However, all ships were clean, and they didn't attack me, so the only thing I could do was annoy them by flying close and watch them fight. I parked the Vulture out there, so I'll be back :)

I got all the power-based modules on the Cobra up to A-rating (except maybe for sensors) and I ended up being 0.98MW in the red. I didn't get a warning though so I thought it was an acceptable limit to crawl along with. After taking a pirate mission and being attacked, I realised my engines would completely shut down every time I armed up so I just headed away at speed while trying to figure a way to save the mission. Eventually I remembered that you could turn modules off so I dropped the AFM and life support before turning around to collect the bounty. It was really weird without life support though. Everything went silent and all I could hear was my guy's breathing under the helmet. It's a very strange alternative to normal combat.

Eventually I realised I only needed the AFM off as I was approaching the station in the next system to complete the mission. It might be okay to leave it off anyway. I've only used it once and still got killed. Maybe you can turn it back on on those rare occasions where you're dead in the water and don't have a guy stalking you.

I only started taking pirate missions this weekend but it's something new and good training. Although I did take an Elite wing mission as an experiment and that..er...did not end well..
Many commanders leave the AMFU powered off until they need to repair something, it is a bit of a power hog. If you set the power priority for things you won’t need when you deploy hard points to a higher number than the stuff on the hard points then they will get powered off when the hard points deploy. I tend to have
  1. Thrusters, FSD, Sensors, Life Support, Power Distributer.
  2. Defences
  3. Weapons
  4. Vehicle Hanger, Fuel Scoop
  5. Cargo Hatch
The sound effects of being on life support are well done and at the end as it runs out quite disturbing.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to see if I could be successful void opal miner.
  • Pristine icy ring? Check
  • VO hotspot? Check
  • Yellow pulse-coloured 'roids? Check
Void opal content? Nuffink. Nada.

Random prospecting of asteroids? Still nothing. All I got was 21 tons of this stupid tritium stuff and I gave 2 tons away just to keep the pirates of my rear.

I'm missing somehting, I can tell! :LOL:

Top Bottom