Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Get the Krait. You might end up like me and never want to fly another ship 99% of the time.

A 'hidden' feature of the Krait seems to be the boost function. It is more efficient on the Krait. 1 pip or 1.5 and you can keep reboosting continously. That 1 pip extra is handy for guns or shields in combat.

See this table---> https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Boost_Speed

At 14MJ, the Krait with its huge (for medium ship) distributor handles it easily. A Vulture which is a small ship with smaller distributor, needs 16MJ, a python with same sized distributor as the Krait needs 23MJ (you can boost in a Krait with a 1D dist! A python needs a 3D!). All else equal, the boost speed of the Krait also exceeds the Python.

The bad is of course you can get too boost happy like me and tend to boost into into solid objects use kinetic braking. Thats why I fly with a Bi-Weave.
Nice, I'm doing my best to do plenty of missions to save up enough money to get what I need. Including all the better quality modules to put in... Then I may just go off exploring somewhere

Nice, I'm doing my best to do plenty of missions to save up enough money to get what I need. Including all the better quality modules to put in... Then I may just go off exploring somewhere
The double engineered 5A FSD (tech broker), get one ready if you havn't. No point spending credits on the standard 5A.

With the Winking Cat's 150++m, you already halfway there at least I assume. IIRC a full A rated Krait2 is under 300m?

This is mine(except for the double engineered bits that coriolis cant spec). https://s.orbis.zone/hm84

Under 250m credits.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that! I thought the codex entry happened automatically as it appears on the info panel when you find a "new" speicies! Well, well, well...
It's a Horizons type Codex entry, with a small payout. 50k for a first, 2500 or less otherwise. But it's something. Mostly I just make sure the Comp scanner is up and I'm in analysis mode while driving, because if my reticle passes over a bacteria it will light up. Helps a little with finding those flat things.

Ok, traded off a few tons of cargo space for 1 more limpet (6 total now), can fill the hold < 1hr 🤑
1640703560967.png

Stats from EDDI:
1640703606408.png

deleted.

p.s. Can one delete a post after posting? Cant seem to find a button for it.
no reported it [report] button so a mod comes in a deleted it.
3 more skimmers demised from existence and what ever that 1_blob triangle.
4 more scavs.

cargo collected
panite1t
silver1t
weird name :D1t
gold3t
2 mats
have they made scav killing easy. They just running straight for the cache and i just stand there 50m away blasting them.

Last edited:
Did a little first-time surface salvage. Since there's little info online, I just found a distress beacon and landed at it (the game crashed twice on the way down, but seems to have settled out now).

Dead pilot and some illegal goods. Swiped them anyway. They no longer seem to be flagged as illegal, which is useful I guess, but I'm not sure how that happened... Maybe possession is 9/10ths of the law. Previous owner certainly has no use for them.

Second site, another dead guy. Realised my arc cutter does a thing and pulled some bits out of his ship. I sold them to the bar tender, some for credits some for... I don't know what. I have no idea what the 'assets' sold for. I'm also struggling to find a list of assets that I have. This game isn't really helping me work out how to play it today.

Since I needed e-breaches and didn't have one, went and found a seller in Diggidiggi. Took a legal salvage mission for the controlling faction here to get some rep with them, since it seems like a useful supply point.

And then I spent about 30 minutes getting cross with bacteria...

unknown.png

unknown.png

Maybe it's just bad luck, but this was really rather easy to miss while driving past a few times.

OTOH, Diggidiggi 2 is absolutely the place to be if you should for some reason desire occupied escape pods in the Colonia region. On two separate occasions, I detected exactly the same distress call, on exactly the same landscape formation, with 6 pods waiting pickup.

unknown.png

Filling up on 4 of the pods, I briefly scouted up the valley in case there was, say, a ship somewhere. There wasn't, which is a mystery in itself, and during time I was away, the remaining pods decided to levitate about 100m in the air. Tried relogging, but now there were 6 again, and they were all illegal salvage. Another relog and they were 6 levitating, illegal pods.

Honestly, this sort of thing is just a tad immersion breaking. Left the illegal ones alone, I'm not kitted out for smuggling. Those guys will have to stay in hibernation until whoever is meant to collect them arrives. I still have the first 4 in my hold, and they're happy to be rescued.

Anyway, I... am not a slaver, so I handed them in to S&R instead of... someone who might be interested in occupied pods.

--

Side note; can I just say how obnoxious it is to be told that a mission timer keeps ticking while you're offline? Really? Was that really necessary, FDev?

And then I spent about 30 minutes getting cross with bacteria...
Hence my previous comment about the Composition scanner. It can help (a little) to locate those flat bacteria patches. But mostly you just have to fly low and slow and use the camera and Mark I Eyeballs to find them. They can be quite difficult on some planets. On a couple I've given up, but usually I persevere ;)

Back
Top Bottom