Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I took on an assassination mission, illegal, at a high security settlement. I just wanted some excitement.

When I got there I found a terminal and located the target. They were inside a building that required Level 2 access.

I had to search for quite a while to find a Level 2 id I could clone. The guards were very alert. I was scanned multiple times while looking around the base. Once I had the cloned ID I was careful to avoid guards patrolling the area, and slipped into the building.
Screenshot 2022-02-02 083835.jpg

My unsuspecting target noticed me walking in, but didn't try to scan me. I moseyed around behind her and she never caught on (although she did have her shield up).
Screenshot 2022-02-02 084017.jpg

She was well equipped. It took 4 shots from the Tormentor to down her, but I was fast and she never got to turn and shoot at me.
Screenshot 2022-02-02 084154.jpg

I hightailed it out of there with a bounty on my head, and got an additional fine for not stopping for a scan. I guess some guard saw me rush out of the building and take for the rooftops. I didn't stop to check.

I made it to my ship under fire from the base and some skimmers. My shields held as I flew away. I had to pay off my bounty at the nearest IF, and then collect my payment.

Excitement is what I wanted, and I got some :)

I took on an assassination mission, illegal, at a high security settlement. I just wanted some excitement.

When I got there I found a terminal and located the target. They were inside a building that required Level 2 access.

I had to search for quite a while to find a Level 2 id I could clone. The guards were very alert. I was scanned multiple times while looking around the base. Once I had the cloned ID I was careful to avoid guards patrolling the area, and slipped into the building.
View attachment 289436

My unsuspecting target noticed me walking in, but didn't try to scan me. I moseyed around behind her and she never caught on (although she did have her shield up).
View attachment 289437

She was well equipped. It took 4 shots from the Tormentor to down her, but I was fast and she never got to turn and shoot at me.
View attachment 289438

I hightailed it out of there with a bounty on my head, and got an additional fine for not stopping for a scan. I guess some guard saw me rush out of the building and take for the rooftops. I didn't stop to check.

I made it to my ship under fire from the base and some skimmers. My shields held as I flew away. I had to pay off my bounty at the nearest IF, and then collect my payment.

Excitement is what I wanted, and I got some :)

Have you tried to scan her? there is a chance she was wanted and that would mean one less bounty for you
:)

Didn't get offered the Pirate Massacre mission tonight, just a Data Delivery. Didn't even get interdicted on the way, though I lost the Time Bonus, but I wasn't doing for that.
Currently sitting in my new 'Vette. Might even splash out on a paint job.
Any tips on outfitting would be most welcome. I'm going to make a start by getting rid of the 1F Pulse lasers.

Have you tried to scan her? there is a chance she was wanted and that would mean one less bounty for you
:)
Hmm. No I didn't. But it was an illegal kill in a non-anarchy settlement. I wonder if a scan wouldn't made any difference. I'll have to try it next time.

Any tips on outfitting would be most welcome.
Yeah, you probably don't want my tips. My 'vette is a prismatic shield monster, but it's not a full combat build. It even still has lightweight armor. I've never died in it, though. It suits the sort of combat I do with it, that's all.

Here it is anyway, in case it gives you some ideas.

And this is my other 'vette. I used to keep it in Colonia, so now I just have 2 of them. A bit more combat focused, but still not completely.

Last edited:
Didn't get offered the Pirate Massacre mission tonight, just a Data Delivery. Didn't even get interdicted on the way, though I lost the Time Bonus, but I wasn't doing for that.
Currently sitting in my new 'Vette. Might even splash out on a paint job.
Any tips on outfitting would be most welcome. I'm going to make a start by getting rid of the 1F Pulse lasers.
Tip.
Small hardpoints.
1 small gimballed multi, engineered for high capacity and corrosive.
1small gimballed pulse laser, range and emissive.
I put the small multi on my secondary fire trigger to save ammo. It's only purpose is to apply corrosive thereby increasing every other weapon's effectiveness (including SLF and Cops).
The pulse is to tag enemies at long range.

The hardpoint on the Corvettes belly... Do whatever, it's a bit of a poor firing arc.

If I'm honest, I could just fit it with 2 Huge beams and the small multi and probably do without all the other weapon's. :ROFLMAO:

Continuing the plan of going for allied with at least one faction in 10% of bubble systems, I started on #4 on the list; Delta Squadron.

This is proving to be somewhat harder than expected, because in most of the systems I've tried so far, they don't seem to want very much doing... or at least, not the simple transport missions I'd favour for a reputation grind. Eventually ended up in Ross 842 where the faction is booming; which at least found me a cargo delivery run with decent rep. Naturally it was a 180 light year route, but I took it.

Somewhere along the way, I noticed a little iceball planet with a wispy neon/helium atmosphere and no first footfall. It also seems to have some wreckage...

wreckage.jpg

Not entirely sure I am the first person to set foot here, but oh well, I'll take it 😸

Hmm. No I didn't. But it was an illegal kill in a non-anarchy settlement. I wonder if a scan wouldn't made any difference. I'll have to try it next time.

Yeah, you probably don't want my tips. My 'vette is a prismatic shield monster, but it's not a full combat build. It even still has lightweight armor. I've never died in it, though. It suits the sort of combat I do with it, that's all.

Here it is anyway, in case it gives you some ideas.

And this is my other 'vette. I used to keep it in Colonia, so now I just have 2 of them. A bit more combat focused, but still not completely.

Great thanks, I'm looking over those now.
I was thinking two 4A multis, a 3A beam, two 2B packhounds and a couple of class 1 multis with corrosive and overcharge.
Prismatics will have to come later, as I think I have to cow-toe to the Empire for 4 weeks first.

Tip.
Small hardpoints.
1 small gimballed multi, engineered for high capacity and corrosive.
1small gimballed pulse laser, range and emissive.
I put the small multi on my secondary fire trigger to save ammo. It's only purpose is to apply corrosive thereby increasing every other weapon's effectiveness (including SLF and Cops).
The pulse is to tag enemies at long range.

The hardpoint on the Corvettes belly... Do whatever, it's a bit of a poor firing arc.

If I'm honest, I could just fit it with 2 Huge beams and the small multi and probably do without all the other weapon's. :ROFLMAO:
yeah two 1A multis is a good tip, thanks. that's what I have on the Conda.

Back
Top Bottom