Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I have decided to take a rest from passenger transportation and go on holiday to Sol. :)

I'll spend the next few days exploring all the planets and moons I guess, and I may or may not travel over 2 million light seconds to visit Voyager 2 and listen to the Golden Record.

Any places that you would recommend visiting?

I have decided to take a rest from passenger transportation and go on holiday to Sol. :)

I'll spend the next few days exploring all the planets and moons I guess, and I may or may not travel over 2 million light seconds to visit Voyager 2 and listen to the Golden Record.

Any places that you would recommend visiting?
If you decide to go for the probes, consider it a practice for the Hutton run. :)
As for the moons, don't miss Ariel! It's awesome.

I've just dragged my iCourier out and put the EPT's on it. Goes like a Bugatti Veyron. I may drag it around a few engineers and let them tinker with some stuff and then take "Chiana" for a little RES action. See how she performs in comparison to Mr. Bogjangles, my Vulture.

Did some gun upgrades on the iCourier and a little bit of tweakage and weakaling on some modules. I'm now low on G5 manufactured mats so a trip to Dav's is called for and perhaps some missions with EFCs as the reward.

Or shall I go a-RESing?

Dunno :D I'll see what mood I'm in later.

Taking good ol' Verity out for a spin towards the dark. Still the only ship in ED I feel truly passionate about. The rest are only tools. On my way I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Shot Sir!
Thanks. Starting out in ED, I just grinded R2R until I could afford a Mamba. Didn't care for anything else. She's been left aside for a while now, but I've always wanted to take her to Sag A*, so this was sort of a final training lap. Looking at her modules, I can still see room for minor adjustments, and I might drop the shield and the G1 overcharge on the Power Plant, but as she is set up now, she runs smooth as silk, cool as an ice cube and scoops faster than I can get her around the star. Not your typical explorer ship, and I wish I had fallen in love with the Conda first, since it jumps twice as far, but when I get in the chair of Verity, it's like putting on an old pair of shoes that just fits perfectly. True love ❤

Current setup

Wondering if there is a resource out there where I could type in say 3-4 elemental materials I need and it would suggest the location within (or closest to) the bubble that is volcanically active and has all of them.

(I've given up on arsenic farming. My last geo site on an awkward 1.2g world gave me one single node of it. I now have 90, and that will do "for emergencies". On the whole I am never going to get back the time invested in getting materials for FSD boosts by using said boosts to jump further. Since I'm heading for Colonia, and then for Sagg A*, I really don't need the longer range. I am now mentally filing it alongside neutron boosting for things that might not actually save time. Jump-scoop-honk-check system map-jump from here on. I brake only for oxygen atmospheres.)

OK I have a newbie engineering question.

I have gathered all the mats needed to engineer my DBX and am currently at Deciat. Because I previously sold a ton of exploration data there, I have grade 4 access to Felicity already. Why can't I upgrade my FSD past grade 2 with her? I've had her upgrade some other stuff to see if it would unlock grade 3, but it hasn't...and it doesn't make sense that I should need to since I have G4 access already...

And what's an attempt? I just noticed that it says how many I have remaining...I suppose it has something to do with it.

OK, nevermind. I clicked on and voila.

Last edited:
Hoisted the Cobra from the cobwebs and gave her a dust off. Did a random scan of Diaguandri to pick up USSs and saw a high grade emission. Scooted over. Picked up 15 proto heat radiators. Gosh. If nothing else, they'll make for good trading in :D

Think I might do a few more USSs today.

ETA Proto radiolic alloys too. Must be my lucky day.

Last edited:
Wondering if there is a resource out there where I could type in say 3-4 elemental materials I need and it would suggest the location within (or closest to) the bubble that is volcanically active and has all of them.

(I've given up on arsenic farming. My last geo site on an awkward 1.2g world gave me one single node of it. I now have 90, and that will do "for emergencies". On the whole I am never going to get back the time invested in getting materials for FSD boosts by using said boosts to jump further. Since I'm heading for Colonia, and then for Sagg A*, I really don't need the longer range. I am now mentally filing it alongside neutron boosting for things that might not actually save time. Jump-scoop-honk-check system map-jump from here on. I brake only for oxygen atmospheres.)
Quite honestly,i think you don't need such a resource,unless you really want to streamline the process.Resources are so abundant,even random farming fills the bins,albeit at a slower place.And the neutron highway,whilst exciting,comes at a cost in terms of equipment degradation.It is very addictive though,and sometimes can be very helpful.

I've done yet another spring cleaning. Last one was last year. What did I sell?

• a fully modded DBX.
  • around 80 modules I had stored. Most of them heavily modded. Like G5 with special effects for most of them.
Why the madness you may wonder ? Because the game gave me the finger when it "lost" my fully modded G5 (clean/drag) 7A thrusters (for the Corvette) and seeker missiles (High Cap G5 drag drives). I'm not mad about the missiles, but the thrusters? That hurt. And as luck would have it, that's the only modules I don't have the mats for some g5 rolls xD

But now I have total freedom. 1 mighty ship (i might change and mod one of my shield boosters), one 20% dangerous crew member, an army of limpet controllers at my disposal. The universe has been warned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom