What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Im back with a bit more work. Mainly i started work on the still very ugly main staff building, aswell as the staff entrance to the zoo.
I also started to terraform a bit, presenting the groundwork for the second feature of my zoo, a river! I want to have a small river flowing through my zoo and i allready marked where its roughly gonna go. I havent decided yet what animals will have acess to it, but the big lighter greenish area surounded by the area is where i want to put a bison habitat, and i allready thought about adding a brownbear habitat in the little hole on the left side of the river. But thats it for today, not much exciting besides the question of what the hell i want to put in the hole in front.
layout wesselfell.jpeg

Im back with a bit more work. Mainly i started work on the still very ugly main staff building, aswell as the staff entrance to the zoo.
I also started to terraform a bit, presenting the groundwork for the second feature of my zoo, a river! I want to have a small river flowing through my zoo and i allready marked where its roughly gonna go. I havent decided yet what animals will have acess to it, but the big lighter greenish area surounded by the area is where i want to put a bison habitat, and i allready thought about adding a brownbear habitat in the little hole on the left side of the river. But thats it for today, not much exciting besides the question of what the hell i want to put in the hole in front.
Given that you seem to aim for a NA-themed zoo, maybe prairie dogs would fit well? They seem like a solid entrance animal for me, especially for some smaller habitats like the one right after your entrance building.

Given that you seem to aim for a NA-themed zoo, maybe prairie dogs would fit well? They seem like a solid entrance animal for me, especially for some smaller habitats like the one right after your entrance building.
zoo will be nothing themed, its the wild collection from the choose some animals for me thread :)
and yeah, i actually allready thought about maybe putting prariedogs there, but at the same time i feel like it could be very cool to not do that and put them somewhere, where you could also see the bisons from or just keep them for someother small spot of earth between habitats.
Good idear though!

zoo will be nothing themed, its the wild collection from the choose some animals for me thread :)
and yeah, i actually allready thought about maybe putting prariedogs there, but at the same time i feel like it could be very cool to not do that and put them somewhere, where you could also see the bisons from or just keep them for someother small spot of earth between habitats.
Good idear though!
Ahh okay, then I was misled by the bisons and bears you mentioned, and I also didn't see your new comments in your choose some animals thread. :LOL:

Choosing an entrance animal can be the worst part of building a new zoo. I used to complain all the time that we have too few small animals that could be put in the entrance area before doing the "big ticket"-animals later on. Now we have received dozens of small animals and I still end up using flamingos as entrance animals all the time, because I just can't decide on anything else. :D

Ahh okay, then I was misled by the bisons and bears you mentioned, and I also didn't see your new comments in your choose some animals thread. :LOL:

Choosing an entrance animal can be the worst part of building a new zoo. I used to complain all the time that we have too few small animals that could be put in the entrance area before doing the "big ticket"-animals later on. Now we have received dozens of small animals and I still end up using flamingos as entrance animals all the time, because I just can't decide on anything else. :D
yes theres a second one now, secound hightest in general.

ah yes, good old mingos. True classics

Didn't feel like writing during my morning writing routine, so I did some detailwork in Wingburg and fixed a building mistake with the camels. I don't even know why I messed it up in the first place...
Now I'm torn between crafting and gaming this evening

Didn't do anything yet because a Cable in my Computer needs to be replaced first (yes, for some Reason it started to always find new Things to torture me with) but because Humans have proven more than enough to me that most of them deserve nothing more than Hate and Disgust*, I came up with a nice little Challenge for myself. I want to build a Wildlife Sanctuary in some remote Area (probably in the Taiga Biome) where no Humans (except Staff of course) have Access and I need to earn enough Money somehow to keep it running

*this Statement isn't regarding anyone on the Forum but based on Real Life Experience

Last edited:
Well, yesterday my brother was playing on ultra, and I was a bit jealous for the high-graphics, so I got onto my laptop and did ultra: IT WORKED, SORT OF. Basically, I can have high graphics, but some of the textures (the animals, mostly) are blurry/low quality. So, I learned something: I gotta buy a graphics card

Anyways, I didn't do much yesterday (we had friends over).

But, when I was coming back home last weekend, I felt like playing PZ, so I played for a couple of hours on the car trip back, and I started a zoo that's HEAVILY inspired by the one @Aramar did (Port Royal Zoo). It's a WIP, and all I have are gharials, gators, and a reptile house. I hope to play a bit today to take some pics and put them

Suprise! I'm back with my Zarpa zoo!

For those who don't remember, Zarpa zoo is my big project and I had shared images of the European, African and Australian sections of the zoo. It is a big zoo and my laptop is starting to suffer, so I can't do much more, but today I've been doing some changes in the European section.

First, the frog house has a fifth animal with the arrival of the bullfrog. There's still place for a 6th frog in the future.

20211030194940_1.jpg

On the right side, the 3 South American frogs, on the left side, the African and North American frogs.
20211030194918_1.jpg

Then, an empty habitat has become the new home for moose. They are next to the bisons and wolves. The viewing area is elevated, and guests can also see the habitat from the exit path of the train station.

20211030201149_1.jpg

20211030201648_1.jpg

20211030201704_1.jpg

Well, yesterday my brother was playing on ultra, and I was a bit jealous for the high-graphics, so I got onto my laptop and did ultra: IT WORKED, SORT OF. Basically, I can have high graphics, but some of the textures (the animals, mostly) are blurry/low quality. So, I learned something: I gotta buy a graphics card

I'm also thinking about a make-over for my computer... Graphics card is alright, but it really starts to struggle when the zoo gets a little bigger. I'm at the point where most of the time, animals are moving in slow motion.

However, yesterday and today I spent some time finishing the first part of my aquatic section and the sea lions moved in. I LOVE THEM! The male is a real womanizer, so I got lots of babies right away. Which is good, because the habitat went a bit out of scale. But I really like it with the new animal talk sitting area.

20211024153342_1.jpg

20211030204705_1.jpg

And I made a new habitat for the fennec foxes, because they got stressed out in the meerkat enclosure. I used many of the premade North African blueprints here, which I really like. Happened to be too big again, but I don't care. Maybe I'll scale it down a little at some point. Right now, it is at the far end of the zoo anyway and not many people are walking there.

20211030204017_1.jpg

Last edited:
Woah, @Lea_G , you've outdone yourself! Love it!

Soooo... as I said, I want to rebuild Unity. Today I build the entrance area.

I imagine the side entrance isn't always open, but on high demand days there is staff there that checks tickets and such and opens the second entrance to spread guests more around the zoo.

You see I did not have the "buy ticket online" advertisement stand there always, but for such a big zoo there are way to little ticket shops, so I figured the zoo has a way of encouraging people to buy their tickets at home.

Nothing wrong with squares, and you've got quite a bit of different things going on there (in a good way!)

Tangent off into my own work today. After I finished up the basics of Jamestown Zoo's North American section and its four new animals, I've moved to the next section, a colder climate section, branching off of Asia to the right. Just starting in on it and put in my zoo's 18th habitat species, Siberian Tigers - I prefer Bengal Tigers but Siberians work better for this idea. Will also be putting in King Penguin, Snow Leopard, Arctic Fox and Reindeer overtime. All told my plans for the zoo include 29 habitat animals we have now - A small expansion of 3 more African Animals and 4 South American Animals, along with space for one more that will almost certainly becoming at some point in the game's life. Beyond that I'm not sure what I want to do, but considering I've got much to beautiful and continue to work on I'm really happy with this zoo. It may be my favorite franchise.

Oh and finally put shells on my African courtyard shops!, and added in two more entrances to the left and the right (done after taking the top screenshot), so I can get traffic to all my zoo. I'll eventually put one at the bottom end too, but since those two wiped out half of my funds, I thought I'd better stop that for now. Nothing special on those, but will work on them to make them more "mine".

20211030110146_1.jpg

20211030111234_1.jpg
20211030112647_1.jpg

I also fiddled a little in my construction zoo and made a (for my ability) pretty neat climbing area/shelter for the smaller animals that like to climb. Apologies for the angles, it's really hard to take good pictures with roofs involved.

20211030200850_1.jpg
20211030200947_1.jpg
20211030200910_1.jpg

Top Bottom