What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I don't know Austin too well, I've only been for work but never sight seeing.

But, outside of Austin, closer to Houston area, there's this rural town known as Chappell Hill. You could try that.
Or, alternatively, look towards San Antonio. There's a town that's also a famous ZZ Top song: La Grange.

You could also try San Marcos and/or New Braunfels. These 2 towns, in between San Antonio and Austin, are popular summer vacation places because they have rivers that people swim in. The real lazy river. The funny thing is that it passes right next, within view, of the very 1st Schlitterbahn, which is a chain of water parks🤣
Great ideas! After some Google Earth I’ve seen there’s a spot near San Marcos called Ringtail Ridge. I might do that and have a stand in for when they definitely add Ringtails!

Great ideas! After some Google Earth I’ve seen there’s a spot near San Marcos called Ringtail Ridge. I might do that and have a stand in for when they definitely add Ringtails!
They're just waiting
BthcX6OADzC-png__700.jpg

Waiting to join the roster...
cute-ringtail-cats-north-america-5ccae720d1870__700.jpg

I love this! I think once you did all the decorations it gonna be a great South America house. I think the sloth would also fit perfectly in this but the building may be to small for the gigantic WE box. Anyways, I like the wall of the building and the peccary habitat. Great use of the temple rocks (?).
I wanted to include the sloth but 1. the box is larger then the house (pain) and 2. the path in the house is across 3 different elevation levels as behind the point where i made the shot from is an indoor "underwater" (it didnt work out with the water height) viewing for the tapir. Another strikes against exhibits once again.
The "temple rocks" are made out of recolored limestone pieces as well as the concrete edge thingies. Gives me much more freedom then the temple pieces to form patterns while still being pretty quick so i can only recommend!
Also for a little update i worked a bit on the other side where an elderly tapir and 2 capybara live. The outdoor and indoor part will be able to be seperated into multiple chunks to isolate animals. Thought as a backstory that this used to be 2 different habitats that got connected together to give the animals more room and freedom, a common practice while renovating historical buildings in zoos.
Props gonna include some more detailed pictures once more of the area is done, so see ya then and thank you for the nice feedback :)
Allways a great motivator and good to think about ways to improve
c.jpeg

Looks also really good. Probably your best work yet. I especially like the mesh viewing areas covered with the rock arches.
Thank you. This is the 1st zoo I've done where I purposely try to make the surrounding area not look like the biome it's in. I'm trying to make it seem like a desert in the middle of the jungle, so the contrast is kinda cool

I don't know Austin too well, I've only been for work but never sight seeing.

But, outside of Austin, closer to Houston area, there's this rural town known as Chappell Hill. You could try that.
Or, alternatively, look towards San Antonio. There's a town that's also a famous ZZ Top song: La Grange.

You could also try San Marcos and/or New Braunfels. These 2 towns, in between San Antonio and Austin, are popular summer vacation places because they have rivers that people swim in. The real lazy river. The funny thing is that it passes right next, within view, of the very 1st Schlitterbahn, which is a chain of water parks🤣
After some research San Marcos is the perfect place because literally all these animals live there! (According to range maps from across the web) It will be called Wonders of San Marcos, based off the Wonders of the Sierra Madre at the Stone Zoo.

After some research San Marcos is the perfect place because literally all these animals live there! (According to range maps from across the web) It will be called Wonders of San Marcos, based off the Wonders of the Sierra Madre at the Stone Zoo.
Fantastic. If you do San Marcos, you must add a little river system. That's what the place is known for. How you do it is up to you, of course, but having San Marcos without a river system is like having Whataburger without burgers

Thanks @DarthQuell for the suggestions!

Eastborro Zoo continues expanding, back in the NA section which is now named Wonders of the San Marcos after San Marcos, Texas. It welcomes the new addition of Collared Peccaries!IMG_3824.jpegIMG_3821.jpeg
I also made a small creek called Marco’s Creek that pays homage to the San Marcos River.IMG_3820.jpeg
And per Quell’s request, a Whataburger Truck!
IMG_3823.jpeg

Eastborro Zoo continues expanding, back in the NA section which is now named Wonders of the San Marcos after San Marcos, Texas. It welcomes the new addition of Collared Peccaries!View attachment 373243View attachment 373244
I also made a small creek called Marco’s Creek that pays homage to the San Marcos River.View attachment 373245
View attachment 373246
Oh snap, now I'm craving Whataburger.
WHAT-a-BURger: Just like you like it

I will go to that zoo solely for the Whataburger truck. Like, Whataburger is basically the older, Texan brother of In-and-Out; big brothers always do better🤣 (I'm sorry to any Californians in this community)

Yo, Orkan, you gotta show more pics of the whole build. I'm curious about the river, too

Eastborro Zoo continues expanding, back in the NA section which is now named Wonders of the San Marcos after San Marcos, Texas. It welcomes the new addition of Collared Peccaries!View attachment 373243View attachment 373244
I also made a small creek called Marco’s Creek that pays homage to the San Marcos River.View attachment 373245
View attachment 373246
Great job! Your builds are getting better and better

Oh snap, now I'm craving Whataburger.
WHAT-a-BURger: Just like you like it

I will go to that zoo solely for the Whataburger truck. Like, Whataburger is basically the older, Texan brother of In-and-Out; big brothers always do better🤣 (I'm sorry to any Californians in this community)
Never been. Is it good? 🤣
Yo, Orkan, you gotta show more pics of the whole build.
Watch for a photo dump in the thread I have for it soon
I'm curious about the river, too
Marco’s Creek? That thing took me way too long. I originally had it as a full river that you’d cross on a bridge to get to the burger truck. That was way too much work so I deleted it all and made a little creek across from the truck. Worked out way better.

Never been. Is it good? 🤣
Am I from Texas? (Yes)

Basically, if you come to the south, especially Texas, places you have to try are Whataburger, Dairy Queen, and Shipley's Donuts. They're local fast food places.

Whataburger, I will always choose it over McDonald's and Burger King, and not even because it's bias; their burgers are big for fast food places and packed with flavor. The patty melt is my go to choice paired up with a vanilla shake, and y'all better stop me because I'll start rambling about how much I love Whataburger (they even have merch🤣)
Watch for a photo dump in the thread I have for it soon
Alrighty sir, I'll keep a lookout
Marco’s Creek? That thing took me way too long. I originally had it as a full river that you’d cross on a bridge to get to the burger truck. That was way too much work so I deleted it all and made a little creek across from the truck. Worked out way better.
Yeah, I bet. I've tried that a few times, but it backfires on me, too

Am I from Texas? (Yes)

Basically, if you come to the south, especially Texas, places you have to try are Whataburger, Dairy Queen, and Shipley's Donuts. They're local fast food places.

Whataburger, I will always choose it over McDonald's and Burger King, and not even because it's bias; their burgers are big for fast food places and packed with flavor. The patty melt is my go to choice paired up with a vanilla shake, and y'all better stop me because I'll start rambling about how much I love Whataburger (they even have merch🤣)

Alrighty sir, I'll keep a lookout

Yeah, I bet. I've tried that a few times, but it backfires on me, too
Nice. The photo dump’s been posted just so yk.

I’ve been to DQ before. It’s pretty decent would go back. But tell me, have you ever had a good ole fashioned Dunkin Donut?

Nice. The photo dump’s been posted just so yk.

I’ve been to DQ before. It’s pretty decent would go back. But tell me, have you ever had a good ole fashioned Dunkin Donut?
Ah nice. A fellow DQ enjoyer. I go for their Blizzards, but rarely for their food.

And regarding Dunkin Donuts (why'd they change to juts Dunkin? I find that strange), not in Texas. They're always dry and flavorless. I bet if I got them from their original location, they'd be better, but here they aren't that good, unfortunately.

Actually, they have a donut called the French creme or something like that; those aren't bad. What do you recommend from there?

Actually, they have a donut called the French creme or something like that; those aren't bad. What do you recommend from there?
Got a hot chocolate, hash browns, and a Coffee Cake Muffin from there for lunch today. For donuts I always get a chocolate with chocolate frosting. It’s literally the best thing on earth.

Got a hot chocolate, hash browns, and a Coffee Cake Muffin from there for lunch today. For donuts I always get a chocolate with chocolate frosting. It’s literally the best thing on earth.
Maybe next time it's cold. Texas winters last 5 seconds; it's already hot again. But I'll keep it in mind

Back
Top Bottom