What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

It's not what I did in game but for the game lol. I decided to sit down and design some logos for my overall franchise and for my first planned franchise zoo, which will be based in Hawaii and called "Kailua Zoo & Botanical Gardens".

First the logo for my overall franchise: I want my zoos to lean heavily into conservation. I plan on making a franchise city zoo one day (hopefully if/when we get a city map) so I based the logo around that. I used the word Greenspace which is defined as "open areas within an urban environment that are covered with grasses, trees, plants, or other vegetation." The logo reflects this as the future planned city zoo will be slightly rectangular in shape and be surrounded by city buildings, similar to Central Park in New York City. Logos work best with few colors so I choose the obvious green and a black to represent the stark urban buildings. I also wanted this logo to be able to represent all my zoos under this franchise.

1714946462124.png

Then Kailua Zoo's Logo: I plan on tying in each franchise zoo logo in someway to the parent franchise logo and I've done that in Kailua Zoo's logo using the paw print section of the above logo and keeping the same color scheme. I also used rectangles as a call back to the "city block" element of the above logo. I chose to use a Hibiscus (we really need these in game) as it is the state flower of Hawaii, a Flamingo as when I think of warm and tropical I think of Flamingos, and a Giraffe because they're one of my favorites.

1714946957446.png

Wanted to share because I am really proud of the designs, even if it's for Zoos that don't exist yet lmao

Last edited:
Been working some more in my black forest park today. Doing alot of different things simultaneously like revamping my entrance area and petting zoo, building the wolf habitat and starting to work on the parking lot and entrance, so all of them are like half finished but not ready to show yet.
But the view from the castle ruin up on the mountainside is getting pretty sweet.

View attachment 391993
Gosh, it's so beautiful! Can't wait for more pics!

@CaprinemasterAT Looks really nice! I like the small river and the slightly sloping terrain.

I needed a break from the entrance area, so I went back to the African area to continue finishing it off. Just two habitats were missing in the African area and one of these I built today - it's a habitat for warthogs. Also, I did some landscaping of the empty areas in between (something that I neglect too often, way too many areas between the habitats are unfinished in this zoo:LOL:).
lIrd9kh.png

HwQbkFZ.png

YcXSxdQ.png

GjCjHG2.png

Oh I me
no surprisingly their social need is full I think its partly because no matter how hard I try people wont enter the habitat for anything else then the restabecause of the

no surprisingly their social need is full I think its partly because no matter how hard I try people wont enter the habitat for anything else then the restaurant.
I meant because they live next to a chicken restaurant. Bad joke. 🤣

I need help naming my park 😊

It's based around the Tree of Life / World Tree concept, but I don't really like those for names.

I also don't want to name it Yggdrasil or Crann Bethadh, partly to avoid cultural appropriation and partly because I can just imagine all the guests mispronouncing it!

The placeholder name is Magic Tree Wildlife Park, but it's a bit lame - any suggestions?

Here are some snaps of the logo and tree inspired architecture to give you an idea
1000019853.jpg

1000019854.jpg
1000019856.jpg

The focal point or weenie is going to be this huge tree but it's a work in progress, want to make it bigger and better...

1000019855.jpg

What started as a simple timber wolf habitat has turned into a 3 habitat super group. Originally, the covered viewing area was a complete rock wall underneath, but then I thought maybe it would be cool if I turned it into a bridge and let the water flow underneath to a pond below. Then that turned into, “well what if the pond became an alligator habitat with a huge underwater viewing gallery?” Then once that got started I had this weird semi mountainous area left over and then it became, “what if I have a cliff side lookout for some grizzly bears with a waterfall that flows into a creek that also feeds the alligator habitat?” Basically, my new goal now for almost the whole zoo is separate habitats that look like they’re all combined into one, using natural barriers like creeks and rock walls instead of habitat walls. So far so good. I’ve also been working really hard on my sea Lion habitat but I’m not showing that one off until after the aquatic and twilight pack update for console so I can add more foliage, rock work and bubbles. I’m doing my best to create a kelp forest for them in the water portion as well as sand dunes and salt flats for the youngsters to play.
IMG_1850.jpeg
IMG_1847.jpeg
IMG_1846.jpeg
IMG_1845.jpeg
IMG_1844.jpeg
IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom