What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the roof pieces work together on separate grids. I'd really like to build a couple of covered walkways that aren't just completely straight but they always end up with weird overlapping spots and corners sticking out.

I started a new zoo yesterday but I'm already not totally happy with it so I'll be starting another new one this afternoon after work. It's been a while since I played properly so I've lost the touch a little bit. I did try to find a white tiger on the market, but no luck - lots of black jaguars though, which is nice. I've already sort of planned my sections, too, I just need the motivation to get into it. I always like to try and take a 'lower budget' approach as well, instead of having a bunch of flashy new buildings everywhere. Wish we had more props, though! I hate using workshop creations due to the annoying piece count!

I'm trying to get the highest Community Reputation in the Community Challenge but then when I want my Animals to breed fast, they do nothing. Especially the Tigers. I've bought a second Female for the Challenge and nothing happened so far
I did try to find a white tiger on the market, but no luck
In Franchise-Mode? If yes, then which Subspecies? I could put one on the Market if you want. If you want a white Bengal Tiger, there are currently some of them on the Market

In Franchise-Mode? If yes, then which Subspecies? I could put one on the Market if you want. If you want a white Bengal Tiger, there are currently some of them on the Market

I loathe the very concept of Franchise Mode, but I appreciate the suggestion.

I exclusively play Sandbox, no limits.

Ok, then I do wish you at least Luck to get one

Indeed. As I said I'm finding black jaguars no problem (they increased the odds for that one, though) but I bought and sold a whole bunch of Bengal tigers to try and find a white one and after going through about twenty of them I gave up. I'm not a big fan of keeping mutant animals in zoos for ethical reasons (except ones that are selected for naturally, like black jaguars), but part of me has always liked how Singapore Zoo has their white tigers as a sort of non-breeding 'ambassador species'. It bothers me that they get them from an unethical source (basically a white tiger farm in Indonesia) but it's a neat concept. "Home of the White Tigers" sort of thing. So I was thinking of doing something similar in the game, building a habitat for a lone pair or trio of female white tigers who aren't part of the breeding programme but serve as ambassadors to tiger conservation.

I do also have a Beach Enclosure in my African Zoo. But without Houses. For some Reason the People don't like it to live on Beaches with giant Saltwater Crocodiles 🤔🐊
:D
Can't understand why.
In my houses in the habitat, I imagine there is backstage stuff and such. No real homes like in Königsgarten. But I work a lot with buildings as scenery.

I made a underwater viewing building for my hippos. It started off as a Pygmy hippo enclosure but didn’t really fit them as well so tried regular hippos and it looked much better. Now I need to finish up the landscaping. Also spent awhile looking for a 100 size gene African elephant. I will say tho I’m loving the new variants.

I made a underwater viewing building for my hippos. It started off as a Pygmy hippo enclosure but didn’t really fit them as well so tried regular hippos and it looked much better. Now I need to finish up the landscaping. Also spent awhile looking for a 100 size gene African elephant. I will say tho I’m loving the new variants.
I love the variants too. My main zoo still doesn't have a North or South American section yet, so I haven't seen wolves and llamas, but the dingos are really nice. Funnily enough, I have one named Sienna, which I didn't name, she's from the market, who actually is sort of a shade of sienna. And there's a lot of detail, a pup was born, and while most of my pack has light gray coats, the pups ended up being more on the white side, while still looking a bit like the parents.

I love the variants too. My main zoo still doesn't have a North or South American section yet, so I haven't seen wolves and llamas, but the dingos are really nice. Funnily enough, I have one named Sienna, which I didn't name, she's from the market, who actually is sort of a shade of sienna. And there's a lot of detail, a pup was born, and while most of my pack has light gray coats, the pups ended up being more on the white side, while still looking a bit like the parents.

The wolf variants look great. Before I decided to restart my zoo again I had a reddish-brown wolf and a light grey wolf and it was awesome to be able to tell them apart at a glance.

Had almost no Fun in the Game because I tried to get the highest Rank in the Community Challenge for almost the whole Day and no matter how many Animals I've bred, nothing happened because some People somehow bred so many Animals that a normal Player isn't able to reach the highest Rank

I've been planning the African savanna section of my zoo and finally started the first enclosure of the huge 3+ enclosure "Okavango Safari", which will probably be the highlight of my Zoo. The first enclosure with Giraffes, Nyalas and Cape Buffalos is now functioning and partly designed. But as always I keep jumping around projects wherever I have ideas in that moment and get nothing completely finished. :D

Had almost no Fun in the Game because I tried to get the highest Rank in the Community Challenge for almost the whole Day and no matter how many Animals I've bred, nothing happened because some People somehow bred so many Animals that a normal Player isn't able to reach the highest Rank

I always think about getting back into franchise mode, maybe starting anew once again. But really, the market ruins the fun for me. Or better the way that some people play. It just collides with my own play style too much. And lets face it, until I marry a millionaire I have not more time for yet another PZ projects between work and some other hobbies :D

By the way@indoraptor27 : Thank you very much for this thread. It's so fun to see what other people are up to and also share my own progress. I know we have the show off sections in the forums, but it's not the same.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the roof pieces work together on separate grids. I'd really like to build a couple of covered walkways that aren't just completely straight but they always end up with weird overlapping spots and corners sticking out.

I started a new zoo yesterday but I'm already not totally happy with it so I'll be starting another new one this afternoon after work. It's been a while since I played properly so I've lost the touch a little bit. I did try to find a white tiger on the market, but no luck - lots of black jaguars though, which is nice. I've already sort of planned my sections, too, I just need the motivation to get into it. I always like to try and take a 'lower budget' approach as well, instead of having a bunch of flashy new buildings everywhere. Wish we had more props, though! I hate using workshop creations due to the annoying piece count!

I tried buying and selling 500 Siberian tigers (I also play sandbox) to get a second white one after 'accidentally' coming across one while randomly surfing the market lol, found the second after I'd given up and was hunting for something else :p I'm not sure you can 'force' a white one to spawn in the market, I've tried with a few species and whenever I'm actively looking for a special colour I get nothing, but I've found quite a few accidentally.

Have not played for ages, not sure if i will purchase the Australia Pack, too much needs sorting to the Game i have mentioned in previous posts. But just installing updates and look how things have improved first. The Game really needs a Better Game Engine too.

lets say what did i do over the weekend in PZ: i built an outback area in my current zoo. Still a lot to do, especially in details, but i already recognizing lags and fps-drops. As always going into details like this.

1-Kopie-Kopie-2-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-2.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-3.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-4.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-6.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-5.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-7.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-8.jpg
1-Kopie-Kopie-9.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-10.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-11.jpg